Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Moyes to Manure

[quote user="Orford65"]Who cares? We are Norwich City and a proper football club.
[/quote]

I just wish that we played ''proper'' football instead of drab football.

I don''t think so........Jose Mourinho.

If you weigh up the last two weeks statements, then you would all think that Moyes out of contract will go to Manure and Jose back to Chelsea, but not me.

Moyes has no pedegree, 1 FA cup with Everton, I think Manure will need a high profile manager who can say to the big ego''s "what do I know I have only won "

Porto (2002–2004)

Chelsea (2004–2007)

Internazionale (2008–2010)

Real Madrid (2010–present)

Problem with Mourinho is the £20 buy-out clause in his contract with Real Madrid - also the fact he only ever settles at a club for 2 or 3 seasons and leaves a bit of a scoarched earth policy behind him. Look how long it took Chelsea to recover after he left, not that they have even fully recovered yet and Inter has been a shambles afterwards.

Mourinho wouldn''t suit Man U and Man U wouldn''t suit him, the constant fighting with the board at Real Madrid shows this.

Anyway, Moyes is pretty much a done deal - from what I have heard the players have been told already who the new manager is and have let this leak to a couple of writers, the same way one of the players leaked SAF''s retirement plan early. With some of the scandles the Man U players have been involved in recently I think certain players owe a few jurnos a few favours.

rumours of moyes to manu started coming out in jan so not a shock.

but i am surprised as such a limited cv - one of the worlds biggest clubs getting a relatively anonymous manager who has limited winning mentatility.

Am I the only one who would like to see a liverpool like decline take place?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Am I the only one who would like to see a liverpool like decline take place?[/quote]Nope, because the decades of overly smug Man Utd fans would be given a taste of their own medicine for a change (whilst still holding a Leeds-esque belief that they are the best side who ever lived).That being said, assuming Moyes is the man to take over, it will be VERY interesting to see what he can do with top class players and a decent amount of cash to spend. Many managers have come unstuck when ''let off the leash'' financially and signed overpaid and overrated players which ended up costing them in the long term, whether or not Moyes can buck this trend is another matter.If only Man City actually had a top class manager to really make things interesting...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Am I the only one who would like to see a liverpool like decline take place?[/quote]
Nope, because the decades of overly smug Man Utd fans would be given a taste of their own medicine for a change (whilst still holding a Leeds-esque belief that they are the best side who ever lived).

That being said, assuming Moyes is the man to take over, it will be VERY interesting to see what he can do with top class players and a decent amount of cash to spend. Many managers have come unstuck when ''let off the leash'' financially and signed overpaid and overrated players which ended up costing them in the long term, whether or not Moyes can buck this trend is another matter.

If only Man City actually had a top class manager to really make things interesting...
[/quote]

Agreed. This is the start of a relative decline. Nobody will emulate what SAF has achieved IMO. I wish Moyes well though as he is an honest and loyal guy but I think he may also have a problem with SAF looking over his shoulder finding it difficult not to interfere.  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]rumours of moyes to manu started coming out in jan so not a shock.

but i am surprised as such a limited cv - one of the worlds biggest clubs getting a relatively anonymous manager who has limited winning mentatility.

Am I the only one who would like to see a liverpool like decline take place?[/quote]

And what was Ferguson doing before Man Utd appointed him?   He''d hardly conquered Europe with East Stirling, St Mirren and Aberdeen - his greatest achievement was breaking the old firms'' grip on the Scottish Div 1 title was it not?

I wonder if Everton will go for Hughton?

[quote user="Shankslad"]And what was Ferguson doing before Man Utd appointed him?   He''d hardly conquered Europe with East Stirling, St Mirren and Aberdeen[/quote]Oh dear Shanks...Fergie won the European cup against Real Madrid whilst at Aberdeen - what more did you want from him???

[quote user="Shankslad"]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]rumours of moyes to manu started coming out in jan so not a shock. but i am surprised as such a limited cv - one of the worlds biggest clubs getting a relatively anonymous manager who has limited winning mentatility. Am I the only one who would like to see a liverpool like decline take place?[/quote]

And what was Ferguson doing before Man Utd appointed him?   He''d hardly conquered Europe with East Stirling, St Mirren and Aberdeen - his greatest achievement was breaking the old firms'' grip on the Scottish Div 1 title was it not?

I wonder if Everton will go for Hughton?

[/quote]

He won the European Cup with Aberdeen !!!!!    LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen_F.C

Will be interesting to see Moyes at Man U - his achievements at Everton have been excellent and I think the fact he has done it over such a period of times make people become a bit blaise about it. However, at times he has lacked ambition, certainly away from home against the bigger teams, sure I heard he lost his first 42 away games against the old ''top 4'' and is set yet to win at Anfield (something that will have to change).

I very much doubt he''ll be given full control over transfers, United were fairly unique amoungst the top clubs for allowing that (only Arsenal now left that I can think of off the top of my head). I have a feeling a Director of Football will be introduced along with the new manager at the end of the season.

Dealing with Giggs, Scholes and Ferdinand is going to be Moyes'' immediate problem - the first two are SAF''s men through and through (obviously) and will be like Terry, Lampard and Drogba were at Chelsea to every new manager since Mourniho.

For me, Ferguson''s biggest quality was his unnearving confidence in himself - for so long everyone has been saying he needs a new midfielder etc, yet he just ignores that and puts out a team he knows can win. You can''t just learn that skill, Man United will be a weaker team now that SAFs gone - no manager in the world can fill that gap.

Interesting at the end of the match when Real Madrid beat Man U at Old Trafford in the Champ''s League this season - Mourinho ever so humble, looked to be a tad too respectful and in awe of SAF, and after the match commented "the best team lost...."

Crossed my mind at the time he may be setting himself up as the perfect fit for Man U once SAF left.

Can''t see it myself though, I think Moyes has the kind of attitude and attributes that Man U would be after - a bit of a Scottish connection going on there as well.

Fergie had an extremely successful 8 years with Aberdeen, breaking up the rangers celtic domination of the spl for the first time in years and getting "provincial" aberdeen to become european cup winners - his acheivements there were akin to cloughs at forest - and arguably better than he did with manus unlimted resources.

He was a talented up and coming manager and still only 44 but 8 years experience.

Moyes is 11 years in and 50 and won little despite a larger budget in an equally uncompetetive league. It hard for me to overlook how often they have been close to relegation too - despite higher than average wages bills.

Agree with Bethnal again - its a different beast at Manu - no longer a plucky underdog with auto respect from players, but really top draw players who are more likely to blow their egos if not managed correctly.

Moyes has the potential I dont disagree - I just think there are more credible managers for one of the worlds 3 biggest and most successful teams.

interesting times coming.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Dealing with Giggs, Scholes and Ferdinand is going to be Moyes'' immediate problem - the first two are SAF''s men through and through (obviously) and will be like Terry, Lampard and Drogba were at Chelsea to every new manager since Mourniho.[/quote]Scholes is likely to retire again at the end of the season, and Giggs may also decide to do so now Fergie is leaving.Rio is a difficult one because he''s not the player he was 4 years ago, but he can still have an impressive game from time to time and his experience is essential for helping players like Smalling, Jones and even Evans develop.I can''t see Moyes making an AVB like error in this situation, and will likely show a lot of respect for these guys and speak to them about the future.You''re right in saying that SAF is irreplaceable though BYG, as I can''t think of another manager who offers the same overall package as he does, and breaking a 26 year association is something almost unheard of in football anymore.Not an easy time for Man Utd fans, or for the Man Utd board for that matter...

[quote user="paul moy"]Definitely Chelski for the title with Mourinho next season methinks....[/quote]Let''s hope that it isn''t playing the same ''grinding'' football we saw at times under him, for both Chelsea and Inter, if it was, I could only imagine the horror of a game vs the Hughton setup, 2 sets of fans hurling themselves off the terraces to escape the dire football would be a distinct possibility......and then Chelsea would win 1-0......

Can''t see Moyes going to Manure, surely they need a manager with experience in Champions League, also can''t see Mourinho going back to Chelski, some bad feeling there with the Russian crook. I expect Mourinho will go to Manure and pretty boy will follow from Real Madrid and Jupp Heynckes going to Chelski as Bayern Munich playing the kind of football that the crook craves.

I think it would be madness on Man U''s part to pass up on the oppitunity to nick Mourinho while he is avilable and in doing so prevent a chelsea resurgence, perhaps the fact that this could also bring Ronaldo back to the club might be a deal breaker for many. Moyes.. ha, good manager but the man to take on the biggest managerial job in history? No I dont think so, I still laugh when I remember when there use to be talk of Mark Hughes being gromed to one day take over, I laughed at the time and still do today. Awfull manager.

"BGG&YPOS"Can''t see Moyes going to Manure, surely they need a manager with experience in Champions League, also can''t see Mourinho going back to Chelski, some bad feeling there with the Russian crook. I expect Mourinho will go to Manure and pretty boy will follow from Real Madrid and Jupp Heynckes going to Chelski as Bayern Munich playing the kind of football that the crook craves.

I was thinking of Heynckes to Manure but his age is not that far from Sir Alex so that may put a halt to that.

Chelsea seem to prefer the short term appointment so I think you maybe right.

It''s worth remembering that when SAF was appointed ManU hadn''t won the league for ages. It took him quite a while to get them going, probably more years than a new manager will get now

I don''t think they''ll go for Mourinho because he doesn''t fit with the Man U way (and would probably be a disaster for them long term as he doesn''t exactly build for the future ). I''m also unconvinced by Moyes.

What happened to the guy who used to manage Barca? I''d have thought he''d be more their type.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]It''s worth remembering that when SAF was appointed ManU hadn''t won the league for ages. It took him quite a while to get them going, probably more years than a new manager will get now[/quote]

He didn''t play ten men in defence and go looking for a draw every game either...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]It''s worth remembering that when SAF was appointed ManU hadn''t won the league for ages. It took him quite a while to get them going, probably more years than a new manager will get now[/quote]

He didn''t play ten men in defence and go looking for a draw every game either...[/quote]Guess my phone doesn''t like the quote feature either...