Sign in to follow this  
nolegs

Mc.Veigh

Just wondering wether anyone has heard anything,or is it as I suspect that Paul is having a reallity check and is finally coming to terms with the fact that he''s not as good as he thinks he is and is not going to walk straight into another club.

It''s still too early for most transfer activity. The type of clubs who will be interested in McVeigh won''t want him on the wage bill right from the start of June. I''ll be amazed if he''s still here at the start of the season.

Have to agree with you Marmite - there is very little transfer activity happening anywhere at the moment and like Worthy, Livermore and Doncaster have all said we probably wont see much movement until the end of Jun when people back of their hols. 

My understanding is that his agent is looking at one or 2 options in Portugal and Spain - not the top clubs obviously, but probably a very do-able deal for the guy.

Would suit his lifestyle too!

I wouldn''t be sorry if McVeigh was still a Norwich player next season. Ok he hasn''t had a good season but I''ve always been a fan and am confident that he would be quality in the Champ if Worthy could motivate him. Maybe if no clubs come in for him, that will motivate him to work harder for us!

I''d like to see McVeigh stay now that we are in the Championship, because not only do we need to improve the squad size, not cutting it down, we know what he can do at this level. Like the post above said, if he can get motivated, and have a good pre-season, he could do well for us next season. I just hope if he is still at the club, that he gets a proper chance in pre-season games, and likewise, that he takes the chance if he gets it.

Be shame if he left, as he is the only player at the club with a half-decent song about him.

Im not sure if this has been posted or not?

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,1781_516317,00.html

Norwich manager Nigel Worthington expects Northern Ireland international Paul McVeigh to leave Carrow Road next month.

McVeigh was placed on the transfer list towards the end of last season after finding his first-team opportunities limited.

As yet, Worthington has received no offers for the midfielder but told The Pink''un: "Generally speaking clubs don''t want to bring in new players in May and June because it means they are paying their wages when there are no games to play. I should imagine Paul will be hoping that things start happening in July - that''s when most of the business will be done."

Worthington, himself, insists the club are working behind the scenes on possible transfer targets, with the Canaries having been linked with Wigan''s Jason Jarrett and Dickson Etuhu of Preston.

"There are one or two bits going on, but not a great deal at this moment in time," Worthington added. "It''s very quiet all round, to be honest, and that''s no big surprise. You never get much happening for four weeks or so after the end of the season."

IMO he''s a legend - the key figure in the turn around from no hopers to promotion challengers a couple of seasons ago. I feel he did''nt get a fair crack of the whip I admit he did''nt do much with what he got. But I think it'' sad he''s set to leave out of the back door so to speak. I think it''s a really shame WOrthy never managed to get him and hucks in the same team.

Oh yeah on the note of why no one wants him, I think this has something to do the think with his size - managers particularly in the championship and looking for atheletes rather than footballers. Get ready for 6, 6 foot plus players to arrive at Norwich in the next couple of weeks