Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Ruddy's future

If Wenger has any sense, then he''ll sign Cesar in the summer and stop messing around with keepers that aren''t up to the job.

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]Would just like to see our big man between the sticks on Sunday...[/quote]

I wasn''t too bothered about that until last week. Bunn''s form had been fine and the extra time could have served big J well as it was a very serious injury. There was always the added liklihood that he might have been slightly ring-rusty at an important time.

Thinking now that maybe he would have made a difference against Villa and would now want him back on Sunday.... not just as a ''keeper but also as an assuring influence in a nervy game.

[quote user="percy varco"].........is not here.[/quote]
Hmm - I would hope it is. But I do think it is curious that he has not made the bench by now.
I wonder if it is because he has yet to recover his former sharpness and this is apparent in training. I accept that is purely speculation.

Ruddy must play. his ball distribution is so much superior to Bunns, and he is an all round better keeper.

I fully expect to see to see him in goal on sunday, or at the least on the bench. Another week of training and fitness coming back, no reason why not especially as he isnt featuring in the under 21 games anymore

Have to agree with that Indy, Bunn has been poor the last few weeks and doesn''t deserve to start ahead of JR. Still a mystery he wasn''t even on the bench last week.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]Would just like to see our big man between the sticks on Sunday...[/quote]

I wasn''t too bothered about that until last week. Bunn''s form had been fine and the extra time could have served big J well as it was a very serious injury. There was always the added liklihood that he might have been slightly ring-rusty at an important time.

Thinking now that maybe he would have made a difference against Villa and would now want him back on Sunday.... not just as a ''keeper but also as an assuring influence in a nervy game.

[/quote]Précisémemt

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]If JR isn''t picked against WBA, then he''s gone in the summer as far as I''m concerned...[/quote]

Do you really think that McNally would allow another club to dictate how we can & cannot play in our predicament? 70mill against possible 8-10mill, I personally don''t think so

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]If JR isn''t picked against WBA, then he''s gone in the summer as far as I''m concerned...[/quote]

Do you really think that McNally would allow another club to dictate who we can & cannot play in our predicament? 70mill against possible 8-10mill, I personally don''t think so

If Ruddy has been sold, and we''ve been told we''re not allowed to play him, it''s the equivalent of us telling Sporting Lisbon that RVW can''t play for them. Get real, there''s no ''done deal'' for John Ruddy.

McNally has said on twitter directly that he hasnt been sold, frankly he isnt a man to mix his words nor risk his reputation. I think its just hard to get the timing right with Bunn being match sharp and the risk of Ruddy showing some rust in these important last few games, but I think with training and the soft goals Bunn conceded on saturday that maybe the timing is right.