Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNewbee

Thank You Swansea

Published on May 7, 2013

A massive big Thank You Swansea, beating Wigan 2-3, they have given us a little helping hand. Now it is down to City to go and put the points on the board.

Swansea''s victory came at a cost keeper Vorm looked to be quite badly injured with what looked like a neck injury, he was down for a long tome with a phyiso holding his head still as possible until being strapped in a stretcher. We hope that there is nothing serious, and that it looked far worse than is.

I do type my own stuff but sometimes I copy the story to get the post going.

There''s a little awesome website called newsnow.co.uk and you can go to football premier league Norwich and find lots of different links for news about us.

I also use the BBC website and flash scores.

It was a monumental result last night that undid much of the damage of the weekend results. Frankly I think 38pts will now be enough because I don''t expect Wigan to beat either Arsenal or Villa.

Hopefully we''ll get at least a draw on Sunday which I think will nail down our safety. It would be so nice if the gooners can do the job next midweek and save us a Sunday of nail-biting!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Wigan need wins at Arsenal and at home to Villa. I for one can see them doing it.[/quote]I think you will get big odds for that at the bookies.Wigan now 1-4 fav for relegation, City 7--1.Looks about right to me.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Wigan need wins at Arsenal and at home to Villa. I for one can see them doing it.[/quote]

I would normally be very cautious about writing off Wigan, but with Ramis, Figueroa and Stam all out for the season there are just too many injuries for them to cope this time round (add to that an additional game with the FA Cup final).

Whilst anything can happen for Wigan to win at Arsenal, who are stepping up a gear just in time for the Champions League, it would take a footballing miracle. Arsenal are to securing a Champions'' League place, what Wigan are to surviving relegation - which should lead to an interesting clash next week.

"Wigan need wins at Arsenal and at home to Villa. I for one can see them doing it."

So could a team of monkey tennis players.

Anything is possible. It''s just assessing probabilities, is all.

The question is, at what point does your lack of objectivity become insanity? Or hatred?

A win is not necessarily required at Arsenal !!!!    A draw at Arsenal and a win against Villa would give them 39 points and probably a better GD than us after our visit to Man City. Under those circumstances , if we draw against WBA and lose by a few goals at the Etihad, we go down and Wigan stay up.  

Going back to Ron''s ''probabilities'', Wigan have to play a huge FA Cup final 3 days before playing an Arsenal side battling for a Champions League place. Martinez is moaning about his defensive injuries before both of those. Chances are the whole team will be knackered by the time they face Villa. Ricardo''s odds seem generous, considering that. But then, football is still a funny game. Let''s just win on Sunday and settle the issue!

City 10/1 for drop in Racing Post.

Arsenal need win for Champions League after defending like last night and losing another defender can''t see Wigan winning at Emirates.

Did you see the Wigan players defending and their body language at the end of the game Paul?

It is, as has been said, based on probabilities, and you are clinging on to the smallest of those to make a point.

Yes, anything is possible, but the Wigan players weren''t trying to lull the rest of the Prem relegation candidates into a false sense of security, they really were awful (defending) and looked like dead men walking, hence the bookies odds today.

Why don''t you put a few quid on Wigan staying up, you''ll have a great day if that pulls off!

Wigan have a 10.4% probability of winning at Arsenal and 41.7% against Villa.

Draws are 16.1% and 25.3%

Anything is possible but 3 points at most is likely.

Which means, thanks to Swansea fabulous efforts, we now only need a point from Sunday - although 3 would be lovely

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Did you see the Wigan players defending and their body language at the end of the game Paul? It is, as has been said, based on probabilities, and you are clinging on to the smallest of those to make a point. Yes, anything is possible, but the Wigan players weren''t trying to lull the rest of the Prem relegation candidates into a false sense of security, they really were awful (defending) and looked like dead men walking, hence the bookies odds today. Why don''t you put a few quid on Wigan staying up, you''ll have a great day if that pulls off![/quote]

You know nothing about football if you think previous defensive or attacking performance in one game always relates to the next, especially where Wigan are concerned. Wigan have always relied  on scoring more than they concede, just as Paul Lambert does so they will always have a chance of a shock , especially against an over-confident, cocky Arsenal. Thus, we are not safe until Wigan have lost to Arsenal or we have won against WBA.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Mr Moy, reading your posts has led me to conclude that you are either an extremely pessimistic individual or you are really hoping that NCFC get relegated.......

[/quote]

Nope, just concerned that so many think that a draw against WBA will be enough. Perhaps that reflects the state of maths education in this country.  

So, Mr Moy, if Wigan were to lose against Arsenal, would a point against West Brom be enough to guarantee survival? I don''t think anyone is saying that a point will definitely be enough (although please point me to a post if I''m wrong), but that a point MAY be enough.Still, you turn it into a contest of footballing knowledge and intellectual superiority if you want to. How is Cody getting on by the way?

Mr Moy, you know it is not just a question of maths, there different permutations of results possible, for example both Norwich and Wigan could lose their last two games, ergo 0 further points will be enough for us to stay up, for some reason you only choose to highlight the negative side of the permutations possible rather than the positive, why is that?......

Keeping this simple, if Chelsea beat Villa and we beat West Brom, we are mathematically certain to stay up, regardless of Wigan''s next game, let''s just get the win and we can all enjoy a few celebratory beers on sunday night. I''d rather that than wait until tuesday.