Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

OT. Fergie Retires at the end of the season

Stunned, thought it would be a good few years yet.... perhaps a bid to snatch Mourinho out from under chelsea? Maybe the Dortmund manager that had been rumour that has been knocking around! This is the biggest job in football, Madrid, barcelona, bayern etc all change managers too often for a change to be as big as this one. Facinating to see how a new manager there will be recieved.. to think how we felt when Saint Paul left!

Feel mourinho could be the reason and he will be tempted.

Lots of clamour for moyes - but as well as he has done at the toffees that is a different class job and i dont think he is up to it.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I think the next mgr should go in, ignore the foundations left, change the philosophy and mind set of the squad and ask the star centre forward to play a diff role.[/quote]

PMSL

Im just trying to imagine the backlash if they lose their first match and draw a couple... do you think Fergie would just come back out of retirement and take over again? I think any manager will always have that hanging over their head.

[quote user="birchfest"]Stunned, thought it would be a good few years yet.... perhaps a bid to snatch Mourinho out from under chelsea? Maybe the Dortmund manager that had been rumour that has been knocking around! This is the biggest job in football, Madrid, barcelona, bayern etc all change managers too often for a change to be as big as this one. Facinating to see how a new manager there will be recieved.. to think how we felt when Saint Paul left! [/quote]

Saint Paul???????????

Got your viler shirt on have you

[quote user="dumpling"]

[quote user="birchfest"]Stunned, thought it would be a good few years yet.... perhaps a bid to snatch Mourinho out from under chelsea? Maybe the Dortmund manager that had been rumour that has been knocking around! This is the biggest job in football, Madrid, barcelona, bayern etc all change managers too often for a change to be as big as this one. Facinating to see how a new manager there will be recieved.. to think how we felt when Saint Paul left! [/quote]

Saint Paul???????????

[/quote]No but quite alot of  memorabilia from the back to back promotions he achieved.... im looking at it from our mindset in the summer before he left.

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="dumpling"]

Saint Paul???????????

[/quote]No but quite alot of  memorabilia from the back to back promotions he achieved.... im looking at it from our mindset in the summer before he left. [/quote]

I can understand the reminiscing but if PL is a saint where does that put Saunders, Bond and Especially Walker?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

I think the next mgr should go in, ignore the foundations left, change the philosophy and mind set of the squad and ask the star centre forward to play a diff role.

[/quote]

Hahaha! Brilliant!

It''s a failed recipe CUSDP. They will end up relying on other teams results!

[quote user="dumpling"][quote user="birchfest"][quote user="dumpling"]

Saint Paul???????????

[/quote]No but quite alot of  memorabilia from the back to back promotions he achieved.... im looking at it from our mindset in the summer before he left. [/quote]

I can understand the reminiscing but if PL is a saint where does that put Saunders, Bond and Especially Walker?

[/quote]Your not getting it are you... oh dear, let me explain. I use the word ''Saint'' purely to highlight how many felt that Lambert was the best manager, probably since that list you just produced and that him leaving was a a disaster/irreplacable.. much like how many Man U fans will be feeling. Your taking this much to literally.

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="dumpling"][quote user="birchfest"][quote user="dumpling"]

Saint Paul???????????

[/quote]Your not getting it are you... oh dear, let me explain. I use the word ''Saint'' purely to highlight how many felt that Lambert was the best manager, probably since that list you just produced and that him leaving was a a disaster/irreplacable.. much like how many Man U fans will be feeling. Your taking this much to literally. [/quote]

The condescending attitude is out of order I was merely putting my view on your comment. I thought we all were just putting our own views, not realising you were representing others.

I cant be bothered to quote all of that, this is all abit daft, yet another case study for the pinkun archive of people getting in a tiz over nothing on an internet football chat site. You read back what you said to me first and then have a think why I might be a little condesending...p.s Sorry it appears that I hurt your feelings

Does anyone else think PL might leave Villa at short notice and get himself up to Old Trafford? Are the Villa fans worried? I feel we must be kept informed

What will happen to Fergie time, does that retire with him, probably not!

An end of an era! He''s been sensational for them, and it probably is the right time for him to step down. With Mourinho and Moyes opening stating they''ll discuss new deals at the end of the season, I can see one of those two signing for United, although it will be strange seeing someone new at the helm of United having grown up with the Ferguson United era.

Maybe Redknapp could be tempted? Or perhaps a legacy is set up for son Darren Ferguson to inherit? Time will tell.

Funny old game, this time last year. Lambert might have been a distant possibility for the job . I doubt that he would enter anyones mind now.

It seems so similar to when Sir Matt Busby retired, he proved such a hard act to follow, that he had to make a comeback after a couple of years. I wonder if they''d entertain the idea of giving Mike Phelan a go with Sir Alex in the background. If not, it has to be someone like Mourinho, he has the ideal personality to take the job on and might just have the guts to keep Fergie in the background. or on the Racecourse.

Its a dirty left wing conspiricy.

Dave is about to get the Queen to announce that he''s bringing new laws to make him look tougher on immigrants & win back the Tory faithful who''ve abandoned him for UKIP so the Labour loving Fergie announces his retirement so that he''s the first news item on every bulletin for the rest of today. The Queens speech will probably get 20 seconds just before the weather.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I think the next mgr should go in, ignore the foundations left, change the philosophy and mind set of the squad and ask the star centre forward to play a diff role.[/quote]Hughton''s already got his tactics worked out to perfection if he gets the job, with a classic 4-5-1 with 3 man central midfield:Lindegaard (can''t risk his first choice keeper in De Gea who''s fully fit)Evra, Rafael (both with orders to not cross the halfway line), Vidic, FerdinandCarrick, Anderson, FletcherWelbeck, RooneyVan Persie (Told to purely hold up the ball whilst no support comes to help)Orders are to keep things tight against danger teams like Hull, Stoke and Cardiff (who you have to have a HUGE amount of respect for), to play for the draw whenever possible, midfield passes should be of no more than 5 yards long and played like in Rugby (i.e. must be sideways/backwards) and all attacking players have to receive no supply, do very little with the ball when they receive it, and throw unnecessary petulant tantrums at every decision they can...Should they be losing in a convincing manner, he''ll calmly wait until the 87th minute and then sub Van Persie off for Jonny Evans...He''ll be given 1 season to utterly destroy their title hopes, team spirit and self-confidence, with a further 10-15 games on the back of this the following season to see if anything will change (which it won''t), at which point a real manager will be brought in...

In honour of Sir Alex''s time in Football, a minutes round of applause will take place in the 7th minute of injury time

First Maggie Thatcher dies, now Sir Alex retires.

Somewhere there is a Scouser with a lamp, and one wish left.

Somewhere there is a Scouser with a lamp, and one wish left.

And liverpool still wont win a trophy next season..

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Somewhere there is a Scouser with a lamp, and one wish left.

And liverpool still wont win a trophy next season..[/quote]No, because apparently the lamp has just been stolen...

time for a morty lol!

I am sure they will find someone else to blame for the theft...

Turned sky sports off that''s all there going on about there are other people in the world of football and other sports to talk about. That''s all they talk about yesterday be the same today probably all the way till the end of the season. To be honest I don''t really care that he''s retiring.

[quote user="NCFC TIll I die"]To be honest I don''t really care that he''s retiring.[/quote]Which simply shows you have a very narrow field of view in regards to the sport in general.This decision is going to send ripples across the footballing world, and potentially make a massive change in the premier league as to whether or not the incoming manager (be it Moyes or whoever), can live up to those impossible standards and keep Man Utd right at the very top, or it will all fall to pieces and pave the way for another team to take the ascendancy (be it City, Chelsea, Arsenal or whoever).Now be careful about wandering off that cliff you didn''t see because you were that focused on purely the end of your nose...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="can u sit down please"]I think the next mgr should go in, ignore the foundations left, change the philosophy and mind set of the squad and ask the star centre forward to play a diff role.[/quote]Hughton''s already got his tactics worked out to perfection if he gets the job, with a classic 4-5-1 with 3 man central midfield:Lindegaard (can''t risk his first choice keeper in De Gea who''s fully fit)Evra, Rafael (both with orders to not cross the halfway line), Vidic, FerdinandCarrick, Anderson, FletcherWelbeck, RooneyVan Persie (Told to purely hold up the ball whilst no support comes to help)Orders are to keep things tight against danger teams like Hull, Stoke and Cardiff (who you have to have a HUGE amount of respect for), to play for the draw whenever possible, midfield passes should be of no more than 5 yards long and played like in Rugby (i.e. must be sideways/backwards) and all attacking players have to receive no supply, do very little with the ball when they receive it, and throw unnecessary petulant tantrums at every decision they can...Should they be losing in a convincing manner, he''ll calmly wait until the 87th minute and then sub Van Persie off for Jonny Evans...He''ll be given 1 season to utterly destroy their title hopes, team spirit and self-confidence, with a further 10-15 games on the back of this the following season to see if anything will change (which it won''t), at which point a real manager will be brought in...[/quote]

Lovely

Which simply shows you have a very narrow field of view in regards to the sport in general.

This decision is going to send ripples across the footballing world, and potentially make a massive change in the premier league as to whether or not the incoming manager (be it Moyes or whoever), can live up to those impossible standards and keep Man Utd right at the very top, or it will all fall to pieces and pave the way for another team to take the ascendancy (be it City, Chelsea, Arsenal or whoever).

Now be careful about wandering off that cliff you didn''t see because you were that focused on purely the end of your nose

You say I have very narrow field to the sport in general whatever. Why does everyone have to care if David moyes or whoever takes over at man utd can keep them at the very top. If you think that I''m focused on purely the end of my nose then you know nothing about me.