Sign in to follow this  
dumpling

Kei Kamara Kansas salary

It''s decent money, but could be better in footballing terms I suppose. Hence why he tried so hard to earn a deal here. Not. (That''s a bit harsh really. He just wasn''t good enough. Nice fella though).

I almost see Kamara not being signed as a good sign; He was ok, played alright.. but we are looking for the next level of players, Ok, alright wont be good enough now. We are looking for outstanding now!

That works out to $6,000 a week, very low compared to what many of the Norwich players will currently be on.

That''s probably slightly lower than average Championship wages also - shows why so many players from around the world are desperate to play in the Premier League. Also, scaning through the salaries Kei is one of the higher paid players who aren''t overaging ''superstars''.

although I was sorry to see him go I have to agree with you. Let''s hope we need outstanding for the Premiership.

BTW no hurt feelings

[quote user="dumpling"]

although I was sorry to see him go I have to agree with you. Let''s hope we need outstanding for the Premiership.

BTW no hurt feelings

[/quote]haha no worries

I think the logic is

If we stay up, we''re looking to have better strikers than him;

If we go down then we go with Holt/Becchio/Jackson and maybe Vaughan /C Martin or maybe look to sell one or two of them and get in one or two young and hungry strikers instead.

Not convinced by this decision personally - unless he wanted to sign a deal that would be too pricey if we got relegated.  He scored twice and had some key assists in a run of games when we''ve provided poor service to the strikers, for several games he was stuck on the wing and made a decent stab at it e.g Arsenal away.  Be interesting to see where his career goes now and how our strikeforce develops.  I can''t see him staying at KC especially on that sort of money

And yes I know the stats credit him with just one goal, but anyone who saw that goal against Sunderland would credit it to Kei.

Can only hope we get much better in the summer.

He completely outshone the existing strikers here, all of whom are likely to be on double the money.

All key elements of the game he was significantly better than Holt for a fifth of the salary (or less) with the same wage, yet which do we chose to keep?

If its a choice between Kei and Hooper I wouldnt be hooper thats for sure. need to be signing better

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]. All key elements of the game he was significantly better than Holt for a fifth of the salary (or less) with the same wage, yet which do we chose to keep? [/quote]

We kept the one whose captaincy and 76 goals have played a massive, massive part in getting us two consecutive promotions and consecutive seasons of Premier League football.

Hard to believe we kept him ahead of a guy who has scored 1 goal for the club.

[quote user="Fried Cheese"]IMHO we should''ve signed him.

Plus - we could do with him on Sunday![/quote]

I don''t know if KK could have played in our two remaining fixtures this season if we had signed him - but if so, I regard the fact that we didn''t as extremely profligate. Norwich aren''t exactly blessed with quality in that department, and he offered something different ...true pace. He would have given WBA something to think about regarding how high they played a defensive line, and could have been useful for a counter at the Etihad. If he could have played in those two games, its negligent not to have taken that option.

No - his loan ended now regardless of if we signed him or not. If we decided to activate the signing clause, he would simply become our player when the transfer window opens in the summer

you keep players for their current ability and what they can offer next season - not what they have done in the past.

holts reward for the 76 goals etc etc etc was his contract - completely deserved, but what the logic in keeping him when he was outshone in a quarter of a season on every level by rejected striker of champs quality? Thats just not sensible.

Otherwise why dont we still have keelan et al?

Maybe due to the threat of relegation, said agent didn''t like the deal being offered. We know McNally won''t let anyone mess him around.

And no offence to Kei, I loved the spirit the guy had, but I just think we can get better players.

Take Austin, for example. 28 goals isn''t a fluke!

1 in 11 isn''t Premier League

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]you keep players for their current ability and what they can offer next season - not what they have done in the past. holts reward for the 76 goals etc etc etc was his contract - completely deserved, but what the logic in keeping him when he was outshone in a quarter of a season on every level by rejected striker of champs quality? Thats just not sensible. Otherwise why dont we still have keelan et al?[/quote]

Grant Holt is still better equipped to compete in the Premier League. He might not be on his best form but he understands the game better. He has far more experience and a much better record than Kei.

You''ve massively overrated Kei.

nope, dont think i have overrated him. Just rated him amongst our strikers peformances since he was here - and was head and shoulders better than.

he would have been no better than 3rd choice striker next season - but thats better than our first choice this is how my logic goes.

Completely agree it could be the agent got greedy - fool if he did having already been rejected by stoke.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]nope, dont think i have overrated him. Just rated him amongst our strikers peformances since he was here - and was head and shoulders better than.  [/quote]

I think Kei did alright, he was lively but football wise he wasn''t "head and shoulders" above anyone. If he was then we might not be taking the relegation fight to the wire.

[quote user="AJ"]Maybe due to the threat of relegation, said agent didn''t like the deal being offered. We know McNally won''t let anyone mess him around.

And no offence to Kei, I loved the spirit the guy had, but I just think we can get better players.

Take Austin, for example. 28 goals isn''t a fluke!

1 in 11 isn''t Premier League[/quote]Adebayor has 4/5 goals this season...Jelavic has gone about 13 games without a goal....holt has 6 goals all season, whereas Kei Kamara has scored one and should have claimed the one hoolahan poached. Not denying Kei probably wasn''t the best player we can get but I felt he could offer something compared to some players in the league.

[quote user="coachkemp"]Adebayor has 4/5 goals this season...Jelavic has gone about 13 games without a goal....holt has 6 goals all season, whereas Kei Kamara has scored one and should have claimed the one hoolahan poached.[/quote]Jelavic is on a 1 in 5 ratio this season in the league and his longest run without a goal was actually 11 games not 13.Adebayor with 4 in 23 fares somewhat worse with a closer to 1 in 6 ratio, but has mainly been used as an impact sub and for European/Cup games.Holt we all know about the issues he''s had with being played as a lone striker and getting very poor supply, but with 6 in 32 games still manages a 1 in 5 goal ratio.If we give Kamara the goal that was ''poached'' that puts him on a par with Adebayor from a goal ratio perspective, but well behind if we don''t.Then we add in the fact that all of the other strikers apart from Kamara have proved over the last year or so (longer in Adebayor''s case) that they can hit well over double figures and we start to get nearer the issue.Kamara ISN''T a bad player, he does have a good attitude and work rate and would have added something to the squad. The problem is that he wasn''t good enough for a starting place next season IMHO, and it would simply have been additonal transfer funds and wages to sign him as purely a backup player (when we already have players who aren''t prolific either to pick from), and chances are that we need every penny we can muster to improve our starting XI - NOT our bench...