Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Arsenal in for Ulreich (Ruddy deal off?!)

According to Talksport (if you believe it), Arsenal are in for Stuttgart''s Sven Ulreich "as they step up their search for a new goalkeeper"

Smokescreen for Ruddy?

He''s a keeper with a GREAT attitude and desire to perform and has done pretty well in a very average side for the past couple of seasons.Whether or not he''d be the solution to Arsenal''s goalkeeping issues is another matter, but chances are that he''d cost less than Ruddy to sign and already has an Arsenal link through Jens Lehmann who is a big fan/mentor of the guy.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Ruddy deal off? There never was a Ruddy deal...[/quote]

But someone posted it on here so it must have been true.[;)]

Why would anyone want Ruddy? He has an awful injury record, and is prone to mistakes, can''t save shots for toffee.

He''s a country boy at heart (Born St Ives) Leave him be

Can anyone tell me how many years Ruddy has left on his current deal please?

[quote user="nu_matik"]Can anyone tell me how many years Ruddy has left on his current deal please?[/quote]

He signed a 4 year deal last summer - basically, he isn''t going anywhere unless its for a lot of money.

Yep, that''s what I was thinking, and rather re-assuring. How much do you think he''s rated at now?

A club like Arsenal are not going to spend relatively large money on a keeper who has only had a season and a half of top flight experience, and who has just spent the last half a year on the injury table. Had he played the whole season and been superb throughout then I might have worried very slightly, but given his recent injury he will not be going anywhere.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Ruddy deal off? There never was a Ruddy deal...[/quote]

But someone posted it on here so it must have been true.[;)]

[/quote]

I dont believe anything on here unless Lapps or Nutty post it [:D]  WTF is Wiz when u need him???

I''ve been worried about the Ruddy to arsenal rumours since last summer, but then i remember Wenger''s skills in picking a goalie, no chance would he manage to pick up a GK as good as JR!