Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Martinez to Everton?

He nearly went to Liverpool last year; after another year of struggle and with Moyes looking certain to move to Man Utd surely a move to Everton for Martinez looks likely. It seems to be an ideal fit.

The papers are rumouring it and with a season climax on Saturday in the FA Cup I wonder what frame of mind Martinez and his players will be in when they play Arsenal away three days later. Arsenal still needs the points.

From a purely selfish point of view this looks like another blow to Wigan, certainly its got to be unsettling, and as much as I''d prefer half a dozen clubs to go down before Wigan, if it''s them or us then it has to be us to stay up. Not that my favourites, Newcastle are out of it.

All the more reason to go out and complete the job for ourselves on Sunday; there is simply no one else to blame and this rumour only adds to the uplift.

I was surprised when he didn''t go to Liverpool, would love to see him here.

Chops would like him here more because he dresses even more nicely than Hughton. Unlike that scruffy tracksuited Scot on the touchline in his footie boots, he must be crap as there is no sartorial side to his game.

He has a point, when did you last see a Lambert team perform a Pal Zileri on the pitch?

ah yes, someone who has never moved a team out of relegation danger, despite spending 6m+ on a single player multiple times.

such an inspiring appointment and amazing manager.

if the rumours are going around, it will be a distraction, but liverpool later confirmed they never spoke to Martinez, and I expect the same to come from the Everton camp.

I thought Villa were the team that approached him. Then they settled for Lambert when he turned them down.

Whelan reckons that Martinez is too good for Everton and should be holding out for a job with one of Europe''s top clubs...How much more deluded can he get (wonder if dementia is setting in)?

Whelan''s a buffoon of the highest order Indy, properly off his rocker