Sign in to follow this  
Your mother

Mike Phelan

Little chance of him getting the top job at Man Utd. Whoever the new manager is would presumably bring their own staff, particularly with old red nose hovering upstairs as ambassador/honorary whatever.So where would that leave Phelan? If he were to be available I don''t think our club should miss the chance to bring him back. With Hughtons blessing or not. I know he was here under Megson, but look at what he has done since and what that could bring to City in terms of the whole club not just the first team coaching. Would be a significant upgrade on Calderwood et al.Just a thought.

Smug little herbert. I would not want him as much as I don''t want Calderwood either.

Start next year as we end this and it will be all change by Christmas

Smug, as in the Man Utd big club arrogance, or is there something more to that comment? I couldn''t really speak to the character of the man - his ultra bland post-match comments left no impression on me and I was a kid when he played for us. However, a winners attitude sometimes goes hand-in-hand with being a bad loser.Isn''t he in the NCFC Hall of Fame?! Lack of interest in this thread and your comment makes me think there''s more to his story regarding Norwich than I knew/realised. (Or perhaps less strong a link than I supposed).

Percy, ''Smug'' is a strange description of Phelan

The OP makes an interesting point. Although Hoots decides who is coaches are and one must assume he is happy with them. If he was to change the dynamic duo of Calderwood/Trollope before next season, I may be more relaxed as to Hughton continuing. I admit not logical on my part, just a gut feeling.

Anything other than Manure will be beneath the man and will shine through.

Too entrenched with the Mancs, institutionalised

Given MP is highly unlikely to feature in a new managers back room he will certainly add considerably to another club.

It''s also becoming increasingly clear that Hoots is woefully weak in his own back room, lets face it McNasty knew very well what stifling Culverhouse moving with Lambert would mean to both clubs.

Whilst Hoots needs to be seen to choose his own staff I''d also imagine that McNasty can do a lovely impersonation of Joe Stalin and ''suggest'' what a great asset MP would be to us next season.

Here''s hoping, the current lot aren''t exactly filling me with cinfidence.

I''d be very surprised if Utd make too many changes regarding the back room staff!

SAF surrounded himself with a lot of ex players from Utd which meant a continuity of core beliefs and standards which Moyes will do well to leave in place.

Therefore I''d be very surprised to see Phelan looking to move and also Hughton looking to bring in someone who''d challenge his authority.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Ol Red Nose? Show some respect.[/quote]He is old and has a red nose. FACT! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Ol Red Nose? Show some respect.[/quote]

He is old and has a red nose. FACT! [;)]
[/quote]

Well Lapp.. I think it''s more purple to be fair.

I don''t get the poor comments about Micky Phelan. When he was here he was a top bloke who always had time for the fans. I guess what would count against him would be this widely held belief that nice people come last. A belief which I certainly don''t subscribe to.  I think we''re the only club he''s been at away from his roots and if he parts company with United I''d expect to see him rock up somewhere near by.

Feel a bit sorry for Mike Phelan at the moment. Anyone watching Sky sports news will see him sitting in front of David Moyes and Sir Alex, they are having a cosy chat together while Mike Phelan seems to be left out in the rain.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Ol Red Nose? Show some respect.[/quote]

He is old and has a red nose. FACT! [;)][/quote]

Well Lapp.. I think it''s more purple to be fair.[/quote]

I didn''t say that in case we have anyone called Purple Nose Canary on here...I wouldn''t want to upset them! [;)]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Ol Red Nose? Show some respect.[/quote]Many worse and less accurate alternatives available, but you decide to step in at that? He doesn''t need you - or anybody - to demand respect on his behalf.

Since Moyes seems to have the job and Ol Red Nose [what I did there - did you see it?!] has recommended him it seems "continuity" and "legacy" are likely to see backroom staff kept. As opposed to Mourinho coming in with his own staff, for example. So a few of you (us) share the sentiment about shaking up the coaching staff - maybe Hughton does too and it won''t just be new players arriving in the summer.