Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Moyes Appointed by Man U

6 year deal according to the BBC.  Interesting given the long deal given to Pardew, shows they must want him a lot.

Speculation Martinez or Laudrup will now go to Everton.  No mention of Lambert to Everton though.  Although perhaps Wigan might poach him if they lose Martinez to Everton ?

Martinez will probably go to Everton and not sure if that was a joke about lambert going to Wigan but there is more chance of lambert coming back here than him going to Wigan.

Well done to David Moyes and well done to Utd for appointing him.

Wonder where Baines and Fellaini will end up now.

The laughable thing is that Whelan is claiming that Everton aren''t big enough for Martinez and he should hold out for one the ''really big european clubs''...I think it''s time for him to make arrangements regarding that nursing home...

Martinez would have been better for Manure as a proactive attacking manager. Moyes has much in common with Hughton.

LOL yes I was joking about Lambert to Wigan.  Although now I come to think about it...

Wigan losing Martinez to Everton brings back unhappy memories of losing Mike Walker to them.  And could be the final nail in their coffin as it could be one distration too many.  Although maybe he''ll encourage the team to do it one more time for the gipper (or whatever the expression is).

And I have a memory of hearing that Mike Walker was on £50,000 pa before he left us for Everton which seems hard to imagine now, can anyone else remember hearing this ?

will be having a few quid on him being sacked before the end of next season

if they have a bad start he could be gone by xmas, wont be no 2 wins in 19 chance for him thats for sure

[quote user="mendhams_rusty_shank"]will be having a few quid on him being sacked before the end of next season

if they have a bad start he could be gone by xmas, wont be no 2 wins in 19 chance for him thats for sure[/quote]I doubt it, Man U wont become a crap side over night and expect more quality to come in in the summer. I think Man U will have looked at Chelsea as the yard stick for what happens when you jump on the managerial roundabout and so he will be given at least a season, maybe a season and a half.

no they wont become a bad side, but hes filling the biggest shoes in management, a bad or slow start and it wont take long for the fans to be on his back, especially with fergie lurking in the background

I came to my mind that any slip up and there will be some form of campagin to get Fergie back, but I think the club would have to put up with this regardless of who comes in, they will be patient and not do snap decisions... that said like any manager if he is awful then he will go, but Man U not storming from the start wont be enough to cost him his Job. I think with Fergie hanging around its only going to benifit Moyes and the team, what a vast amount of respect and knowledge to still have knocking about, would certainly stop any discent from players knowing they might have him as the headmaster they get sent to!