Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

New Striker

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[IMG]http://eurorivals.net/images/playerthumbs/charlie-austin_burnley-9.jpg[/IMG]   http://www.soccerway.com/players/charlie-austin/99940/

OR

[IMG]http://www.eadt.co.uk/polopoly_fs/jordan_rhodes_is_set_to_leave_ipswich_town_1_183667!image/3990979132.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/3990979132.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.soccerway.com/players/jordan-rhodes/17759/

Simples!!

[/quote]Yeah, but are they any good on FM or FIFA???

[quote user="SYG"]I''d like Jordan Rhodes here. Him and RVW upfront together :)[/quote]

I imagine Rhodes would cost considerably more than RVW, which is why I would avoid the domestic leagues for transfers this summer.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]Yeah, but are they any good on FM or FIFA???[/quote]There''s only 1 poster who can really answer that...but he''s probably off extolling the virtues of a guy from the Seychelles national team that''s pulling up trees over in the Bahrain league...

You think Rhodes would cost £10m plus then Bethnal?

[quote user="SYG"]You think Rhodes would cost £10m plus then Bethnal?[/quote]

Yep, easily.

Blackburn have no need to sell, he''s got another 3 years on his contract and cost £7m last season. Also, Huddersfield will get a chunk of any fee meaning Blackburn will want even more for him - look at the price of Steven Fletcher and Matt Jarvis, the Championship is massively overpriced.

Naturally the championship is over-priced.

If you have a 8/10m player and the premiership is worth over a 100m with the parachute payments.

It then goes to reason that the so called best player whoever that is, has a distinct ability to realise that income. If a club is a 20/1 shot, their whole team is worth a further 5m of income appox.

However if a side is favourites like 3/1 to 4/1 your talking over 20m of future income a player is worth.

Therefore, your buying the asset the player, and the potential loss of income. I guess it''s what happens when your on the border of the millions from the premiership.

We have the best championship striker on the bench!

Becchio scored 20 before January, a brilliant return. When its being quoted at least 8 for Rhodes why isn''t becchio getting a look in?

Unfairly treated and deserves a go, his record is better than most!

When''s Ched Evans out of prison?? lol
Despite being slightly jokey now i think about it Evans would not be a bad signing. I assume he isn''t registered to any club at the moment is he? He obviously would have lost a bit not playing football for a while.
O just done a very quick search and it appears he was jailed for 5 years, so that''s 2 and a half years from last April, still another year and a bit to go on his sentence. What would people think about that sort of signing though? I have always had problems with the idea of signing Marlon King, but he is a complete thug, i think Evans is more just a rich idiot trying to live the sterotypical footballers dream where they can do what they want thinking there will be no repercussions.

You can never have enough good forwards most top side have 3-4

Personally i think we need another forward in addition to RVW two wingers, an attacking mid, a wing back and a centre back.

bearing in mind i expect Jackson, Fox, Surman, Barnett, Smith, Adeyemi all to leave.

How to answer the Ched Evans question without accusations being thrown around one way or the other is going to be tough...There were a lot of factors in the conviction that just didn''t add up IMHO, not least of which was how it was apparently ok for McDonald but not for Evans, but I don''t want to regurgitate the old debate either way as the conviction was made - end of.In regards to signing the guy when he''s released, I''d have to say no on the grounds that he''ll have missed an awful lot of playing time whilst serving his sentence, and could take a season or two to get back to his old ability level - assuming he even can. Not to mention that there are bound to be some bad reactions from fans because of what happened, and it''s a totally unnecessary amount of hassle and risk on what would be a gamble from a playing perspective anyway.Chances are that he may well return to Sheff Utd or at least another team at that level if he wants to play again, but I think he''s totally blown his shot at the ''big time'', regardless of whether or not he was guilty...

We had the leagues top striker in Jan - why would we be safe to assume that Rhodes or Austin will score when becchio cant even get a game,   and as Bethnal points out their price tags will be sky high.  Simply poor quality

So much better value elsewhere. 

[quote user="Renskay"]Here''s my little shortlist of a couple potential targets that I think would be worthwhile and reasonably affordable.

- Carlos Bacca, Club Brugge

- Philipp Hosiner, FK Austria

- Abdel Hernandez, Sampdoria

- Jozy Altidore, AZ Alkmaar

- Marco Sau, Cagliari

- Wissam Ben Yedder, Toulouse

- Ibou, OH Leuven

- Imoh Ezekiel, Standard Liege

Also a controversial one I''d add is Jérémie Aliadière who has had a tremendous season scoring 15 league goals and assisting 11.[/quote]

Marco Sau, Yes please!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68NBylN3qck

Mute the vid, and ignore the dreadful editing, then enjoy :)

[quote user="Roo El 7"]Marco Sau, Yes please! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68NBylN3qck

Mute the vid, and ignore the dreadful editing, then enjoy :)[/quote]Shall we also ignore the fact that this was in Serie B, which is about League 1 standard at best?

Ignorance is bliss so they say Indy. You can also ignore the fact that he has almost a 1 in 2 strike rate in Serie A too this season playing for a ''small'' club.

Some of his goals from Cagliari this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjJ-AAWoEJ0

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]How to answer the Ched Evans question without accusations being thrown around one way or the other is going to be tough...There were a lot of factors in the conviction that just didn''t add up IMHO, not least of which was how it was apparently ok for McDonald but not for Evans, but I don''t want to regurgitate the old debate either way as the conviction was made - end of.In regards to signing the guy when he''s released, I''d have to say no on the grounds that he''ll have missed an awful lot of playing time whilst serving his sentence, and could take a season or two to get back to his old ability level - assuming he even can. Not to mention that there are bound to be some bad reactions from fans because of what happened, and it''s a totally unnecessary amount of hassle and risk on what would be a gamble from a playing perspective anyway.Chances are that he may well return to Sheff Utd or at least another team at that level if he wants to play again, but I think he''s totally blown his shot at the ''big time'', regardless of whether or not he was guilty...[/quote]
Yeah the case was a strange one, seem to be based on the fact that the woman never invited or intended for Evans to be there. She had gone back with McDonald despite the fact saying she didn''t consent to sex but she had no say at all about Evans being there. I expect a jury would also look down on the fact Evans hadn''t been drinking which some could argue puts him in a position where he can easily take advantage of someone.
I agree about missed playing time though, 3 seasons without playing, will take a lot for him to get back at a relatively high level, but there is no doubting the fact that the guy had the ability to be a capable prem striker

I was merely pointing out that a youtube video showing highlights of the guy playing in Serie B is hardly the sort of evidence to prove his viability as a potential signing.I''m sure if I wanted to, I could find youtube clips of some very average players that make them look world class, but that doesn''t make it so.All that aside, he does look a good player with genuine potential, but it would still represent a reasonable gamble, especially considering the difference in pace from Serie A to the prem and his relatively small size and physicality for a striker.

This years strikers have simply not been good enough - its not one more we need but 3.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]We could have had RVP here this year, the midfield has NOT been good enough going forward.[/quote]

RVW

I agree about the midfield, we create more and Holt could start scoring again. If he had been provided with abit better service this year I think he could have got to double figures again, 6 isnt great but its not a complete disaster. Becchio needs to get a run out on Sunday and give us an indication of what he can do, potentially he could feature more next season if he comes into his own. At the end of the day his stats speak for themselves, if we are looking for high scorers in the championship then other posters are correct, look to the bench!

In regards to Sau, I would be very happy with him here.

Yes some could argue he is playing in a inferior league, but watch his positioning and movement on most of his goals, he is a very clever player and seems to keep on side at the crucial times.

Get him here Chrissy H...