Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

New Striker

If we stay up seems inevitable with Kamara going back, if not two!

Van Wolfwinkel and Holt/Becchio and you need four good strikers. No guarentee Holt or Becchio will still be here

Pace, we need a pacy striker and another ''big man'' to compete with Holt. I think Hopper will probably be on the cards..

I wouldn''t mind Wigan''s Kone. Probably quite cheap too.

Getting on a bit now but would provide brawn to RVW''s brain. 

Here''s my little shortlist of a couple potential targets that I think would be worthwhile and reasonably affordable.

- Carlos Bacca, Club Brugge

- Philipp Hosiner, FK Austria

- Abdel Hernandez, Sampdoria

- Jozy Altidore, AZ Alkmaar

- Marco Sau, Cagliari

- Wissam Ben Yedder, Toulouse

- Ibou, OH Leuven

- Imoh Ezekiel, Standard Liege

Also a controversial one I''d add is Jérémie Aliadière who has had a tremendous season scoring 15 league goals and assisting 11.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I wouldn''t mind Wigan''s Kone. Probably quite cheap too.

Getting on a bit now but would provide brawn to RVW''s brain. 

[/quote]

I''d definitely have him here and I don''t think it''d be beyond us but I imagine there''ll be plenty of clubs interested in him.

Palermo are looking extremely likely to be relegated so realistically they will probably be willing to part with him.

[quote user="Renskay"]Palermo are looking extremely likely to be relegated so realistically they will probably be willing to part with him.[/quote]True, could also try for Miccoli

^^ Dream on with that.

I''d try for Josip Ilicic as a potential Wes replacement who can score.

I would like a 10 goals a season creative midfielder over any striker considering rvw already on the way.

[quote user="Renskay"]Here''s my little shortlist of a couple potential targets that I think would be worthwhile and reasonably affordable. - Carlos Bacca, Club Brugge - Philipp Hosiner, FK Austria - Abdel Hernandez, Sampdoria - Jozy Altidore, AZ Alkmaar - Marco Sau, Cagliari - Wissam Ben Yedder, Toulouse - Ibou, OH Leuven - Imoh Ezekiel, Standard Liege Also a controversial one I''d add is Jérémie Aliadière who has had a tremendous season scoring 15 league goals and assisting 11.[/quote]

Just because these players may be good on football manager it does not mean they will be in the real world !!

Death by Chocolate Starfish

Just because these players may be good on football manager it does not mean they will be in the real world !!

-------------------------

for one, Joze Altidore is one hell of a young player, and is quite frankly amazing for the cost he would most likely be.

Just because you haven''t heard of players, doesn''t mean people have found them only due to FM or FIFA !!

[quote user="Baracouda"]I would like a 10 goals a season creative midfielder over any striker considering rvw already on the way.[/quote]

^^This. Midfield is the key to our success next season.   Good defence.   Good strikers.    We need a better link between the two.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]for one, Joze Altidore is one hell of a young player, and is quite frankly amazing for the cost he would most likely be.[/quote]Tell that to Hull fans who thought he was terrible when they signed him on loan...I do think he''s a decent young player, but don''t make him out to be a world beater available for tuppence ha''penny because that''s just nonsense.

Baracouda wrote:

I would like a 10 goals a season creative midfielder over any striker considering rvw already on the way.

Fully agree.

As we have rvw lined up I feel we desperately need to improve the supply to the strikers more than needing another striker.

Hopefully we can get both!

@Death by Choclate Starfish

All of the those players I''ve suggested are there because of their "real world" achievements throughout this season and not because I thought they were good on FM or FIFA.

- Carlos Bacca, 22 goals in 25 games

- Philipp Hosiner, 29 goals in 32 games

- Jozy Altidore, 23 goals in 32 games

- Wissam Ben Yedder, 13 goals in 31 games

- Ibou, 17 goals in 28 games and 10 assists

- Marco Sau, 12 goals in 28 games

- Imoh Ezekiel, 14 goals in 22 games

- Abel Hernandez, (didn''t feature much this season due to an injury but he has shown in the past that he is an excellent player)

...To add to all of that every player I''ve listed has some pace which we desperately need upfront.

[quote user="Renskay"]@Death by Choclate Starfish

All of the those players I''ve suggested are there because of their "real world" achievements throughout this season and not because I thought they were good on FM or FIFA[/quote]And the vast majority of them play in pretty poor leagues and would represent a real gamble if we took them on.Altidore flopped the last time he was over here, and whilst he''s improved since then, the Dutch league is still a far cry from the prem.Hernandez is the standout name on the list for me, but even then his goalscoring record is nothing special and other prem teams have looked at him before and decided against it which begs the question - why?

If Hernandez is the standout name for you, you really didn''t look at the list very well.

I kinda like the idea of signing Ibou who is from The Gambia to go with the little deal we have set up over there.

[quote user="Renskay"]If Hernandez is the standout name for you, you really didn''t look at the list very well.[/quote]Oh, so Mr Football Manager 2013 has decided to has a pop has he?Since joining this board you''ve posted endless suggestions about often unheard of players in piss poor leagues, but whenever you get called on it you can''t handle it (such as changing your name to Rob from Renskay and now back again when you think we''ve forgotten...).The players you''ve suggested are completely unproven in a top class league with the exception of Sau and Hernandez, and just because Benteke has come in this season and played well, it doesn''t mean that any old striker from a smaller league will do the same.Hernandez is the ONLY player on that list to have already attracted any real attention from a number of premiership clubs, and represents the smallest gamble in terms of potential performance out of the lot of them.I was trying to humour you, but I''ll leave you to get back to your game of FM and find some more ''gems'' that you can bang on about over the summer instead...

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Baracouda"]I would like a 10 goals a season creative midfielder over any striker considering rvw already on the way.[/quote]

^^This. Midfield is the key to our success next season.   Good defence.   Good strikers.    We need a better link between the two.

[/quote]

The template for what we need above all else is Frank Lampard.  A midfielder who can come through and score and who is strong enough to be of use when the pressure is on at the other end.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Baracouda"]I would like a 10 goals a season creative midfielder over any striker considering rvw already on the way.[/quote]

[/quote]Exactly. Sack off this striker s*** for now and smash bigger money on the midfield then striker after. Actually, sack all this talk and let''s get over the line first!

[IMG]http://eurorivals.net/images/playerthumbs/charlie-austin_burnley-9.jpg[/IMG]   http://www.soccerway.com/players/charlie-austin/99940/

OR

[IMG]http://www.eadt.co.uk/polopoly_fs/jordan_rhodes_is_set_to_leave_ipswich_town_1_183667!image/3990979132.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/3990979132.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.soccerway.com/players/jordan-rhodes/17759/

Simples!!

I''d like Jordan Rhodes here.

Him and RVW upfront together :)