Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Shaun Maloney

I think he would be a great addition to our team just what we need

See him play quite a bit as my girlfriend supports Wigan. Been saying i''d love him at Norwich for a while, the guy is class! Two footed, composed on the ball and scores goals too! Exactly the type of player we need behind RvW.

I''d take plenty of their players, but let''s just get over the line first and see what bloody happens. Longest week ever

Plenty of their players? There''s a reason they''re probably getting relegated...

But I agree on the original topic, I''d take him here

Must admit it''s fairly embarrasing...

But I would seriously consider:

McCarthy,

Maloney,

McManaman,

McArthur,

Kone

[quote user="SYG"]Plenty of their players? There''s a reason they''re probably getting relegated...

But I agree on the original topic, I''d take him here[/quote]4 or 5 players at least. That''s plenty to meMcManaman, McCarthy, McArthur, Koné, Maloney, Beausejour maybe, Stam maybe, Figueroa, Ramis was decent then got injured. They have a good team who play well on the deck, but they have some big injuries at the back and they give away some rubbish goals (as proved last night)

[quote user="Baracouda"]Must admit it''s fairly embarrasing...

But I would seriously consider:

McCarthy,

Maloney,

McManaman,

McArthur,

Kone[/quote]Exactly. However, it''s far from embarassing. Everyone knows they have a good attack that is much more cohesive and clinical than ours presently. They''d go well with RVW. As would some Villa players who we could have taken if we beat them as they''d most likely have been relegated from thereHowever, I just want to survive this League right now and stay up. That''s all I can seriously think about just yet (every bloody minute lol)

No objections, anyone that can look half decent in what at the end of the day is a poor wigan team has the potential to do even better surrounded by quality. As pointed out, we have just spent a record fee on a striker and will need to start thinking of getting players that will compliment him

Vanwink: You''re right, that was uncalled for. I apologise.

Don''t think he''s as good a manager as he is billed to be. A lot of hype for persistent relegation battles, with plenty to spend. Yes, not as much as some, but we are in a similar position and I don''t see you backing our manager in a similar way for what has been less time to build up his own team with substantially less coin.

Just curious - would you take Redknapp if he was available?

He''s very innovative and has a respected reputation within the Premier League. He has kept a poorly financed club in the prem for many seasons and his sides play attractive football. Made some excellent signings for Wigan and Swans and developed a style of play at. Swansea which has continued under successive managers and enabled to develop at a much faster rate than ourselves.

So what do you think is wrong with him that you could express your view so aggressively ?

Militant Canary.

I have always thought Redknapp is over-hyped. He''s a very likely character on a scale of Del Boy. Which I think has clouded people''s judgement.

Aggressive? Oh, no, no, no. That''s not aggressive.

Respected reputation within the Premier League? So does Harry Redknapp (you didn''t answer my question on him), Mark Hughes (until recently, anyway) and Alan Pardew... apparently... though, Christ alone knows why. Reputation founded on media hype is not to be trusted.

Poorly financed? Indeed. He is to be commended. But, so are we, and they do have a rich (t**t) backer. Why the lack of patience with our own manager who''s doing his job with the same handicap with less time?

Attractive football? Indeed, they attack. But, did you see the last game against Swansea? I haven''t seen such poor defending in quite some time and they were in the driving seat and blew it... twice. For the most part, I can see where and how our team will improve from next season and what is required to completely turn us around in to a potent Premier League level attacking force is remarkably little, really. Wigan require enormous surgery to turn them in to a team that would be comfortably mid-table and not struggle EVERY season.

Developed a style of play? Actually, I''d wager RDM had more impact on the finished Swansea product than Martinez. Yes, RM started it, but RDM gave it balance so that its better than Wigan.

Swansea developed at much faster rate than ourselves? Well, yes. But they were working from a stronger base. They spent years in the Championship slowly building. We did not. This season they were also aided by a sizeable influx of money from the sale of a few over-hyped players (Joe Allen, Sinclair etc... and look how well they''ve done!) as well as Rogers, which gave them an influx of upwards of about £30 million. They spent most of it. We did not have these advantages.

Ultimately, my main beef with Martinez as a great manager is that he''s been in the Premier League for years and Wigan haven''t gotten any better. They''ve spent. Sure, not as much as some, but (as I say) we have that handicap, yet still its the same thing every single season. The great escape... again.

Hughton has been with us for less than a season and been able to spend very little in a less than great situation. Why not have a little patience? You adjudge Hughton a poor manager on the same criteria and for the same reasons as you adjudge Martinez a good one. Why? It makes no sense.

And breath...

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Their manager? So, you like relegation battles then, do you? Interesting fellow, that Vanwink. Not bright, obviously, but interesting.[/quote]

But knows a lot about Swansea.

There is no doubt that Hughtons job has not been an easy one, he had a hard act to follow but that''s the job he chose. We saw last season what could be achieved with. The grouper players we had, Hughton has improved the squad in player terms yet our performances are way off what we had previously achieved.

I am very concerned that the players look poorly motivated, that is a key quality for a successful manager to get the best out of his player,we buying top quality players is way beyond our reach so we need a guy who can get lesser players to be at the top,of their game.

It has been said so many times about subs, you see Hughton on the touchline and he looks unable to make a decion to change a game.

I would back any manager that shows the team making progress allmImhave seen this season is us going backwards, why do you think things will change?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Vanwink"]I like good managers you rude cretin![/quote]

That''s a bit rude!

[/quote]

It is fascinating on here

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Aggressive? Oh, no, no, no. That''s not aggressive.

Respected reputation within the Premier League? So does Harry Redknapp (you didn''t answer my question on him), Mark Hughes (until recently, anyway) and Alan Pardew... apparently... though, Christ alone knows why. Reputation founded on media hype is not to be trusted.

Poorly financed? Indeed. He is to be commended. But, so are we, and they do have a rich (t**t) backer. Why the lack of patience with our own manager who''s doing his job with the same handicap with less time?

Attractive football? Indeed, they attack. But, did you see the last game against Swansea? I haven''t seen such poor defending in quite some time and they were in the driving seat and blew it... twice. For the most part, I can see where and how our team will improve from next season and what is required to completely turn us around in to a potent Premier League level attacking force is remarkably little, really. Wigan require enormous surgery to turn them in to a team that would be comfortably mid-table and not struggle EVERY season.

Developed a style of play? Actually, I''d wager RDM had more impact on the finished Swansea product than Martinez. Yes, RM started it, but RDM gave it balance so that its better than Wigan.

Swansea developed at much faster rate than ourselves? Well, yes. But they were working from a stronger base. They spent years in the Championship slowly building. We did not. This season they were also aided by a sizeable influx of money from the sale of a few over-hyped players (Joe Allen, Sinclair etc... and look how well they''ve done!) as well as Rogers, which gave them an influx of upwards of about £30 million. They spent most of it. We did not have these advantages.

Ultimately, my main beef with Martinez as a great manager is that he''s been in the Premier League for years and Wigan haven''t gotten any better. They''ve spent. Sure, not as much as some, but (as I say) we have that handicap, yet still its the same thing every single season. The great escape... again.

Hughton has been with us for less than a season and been able to spend very little in a less than great situation. Why not have a little patience? You adjudge Hughton a poor manager on the same criteria and for the same reasons as you adjudge Martinez a good one. Why? It makes no sense.

And breath...[/quote]

Whilst I agree with you, when did RDM manage Swansea???

Well Martinez may well end up at Everton who I note on the board are now predicted to be relegation candidates. I believe Everton are an ''ever-present'' in the PL btw. So all your worries about a Martinezesc style of football at CR should be put to rest.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Who, by Jupiter''s beard, is "holahan"?[/quote]He''s plays just off our front man - Rant Hot...

Lord Horn wrote the following post at 09/05/2013 11:14 AM:

Kone alongside RVW would be a great start!

Seconded!