Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

The only way that we get get relegated from here....

...in all probability, will have meant that we would have lost our last 4 matches of the season.

Should that be the case, I don''t think that anyone could really make a case for any team deserving to stay up with that end to the season??

Even that might not relegate us.

3 days after the Cup Final a patched up & tired Wigan team travel to Arsenal.  Arsenal are still in with a chance of finishing 3rd and it could come down to goal difference.  Arsenal have scored 3''s, 4''s, 5''s, 6''s & a 7 at home this season.  If Arsenal hit a cricket score against Wigan it could well put the final nail in Wigan''s coffin.  Where even if Wigan beat Villa they stay behind us on goal difference.  Now, I know you''re thinking we travel to Man City on the last day, all we''d have to do is avoid doing a Fulham and we''d be safe![Y]

The only way to guarantee safety would be to win this weekend and then get a draw at Citeh. Though I admit Wigan could and may relegate themselves for us in between the fact is last night we were a chance of safety not a guarantee.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]This is a very odd thread.[/quote]

What''s odd is that you made it even.

[/quote]

Even that is odd !!

[quote user="Ginja"]The only way to guarantee safety would be to win this weekend and then get a draw at Citeh. Though I admit Wigan could and may relegate themselves for us in between the fact is last night we were a chance of safety not a guarantee.[/quote]

Not if Villa get beat - they lose, we win....job done!

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Ginja"]The only way to guarantee safety would be to win this weekend and then get a draw at Citeh. Though I admit Wigan could and may relegate themselves for us in between the fact is last night we were a chance of safety not a guarantee.[/quote]

[/quote]
Sorry what I meant was only by us winning and then drawing can we forget about other results, which is what we should really be aiming for, though ultimately I know we will have to rely on others to survive.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]
Sorry what I meant was only by us winning and then drawing can we forget about other results, which is what we should really be aiming for, though ultimately I know we will have to rely on others to survive.

[/quote]

Fair dos!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We are NOT reliant on anyone to survive.  It is in our hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

And thats what worries me with team Hooton.