Sign in to follow this  
NCFCJE

Now That We're Safe

We can party on Sunday, player of season celebrations, clap banners, no pressure etc..

Arsenal beat Wigan, our party will get us at least a point. Done. Why is everyone so worried?

you''re either telling me that arsenal won''t beat wigan or we will lose to west brom.

[quote user="NCFCJE"]We can party on Sunday, player of season celebrations, clap banners, no pressure etc..[/quote]

Talk about the kiss of death.[:S]

[quote user="NCFCJE"]you''re either telling me that arsenal won''t beat wigan or we will lose to west brom.[/quote]

Yep, draw with West Brom, Wigan lose to Arsenal, we get tonked by Citeh and Wigan beat Villa.

Though Newcastle could mess up and save us, I think they''ll get a point at QPR.

sorry draw to Arsenal, bit of a slip there, maybe I do believe we''ll stay up...

Ginja wrote - "sorry draw to Arsenal, bit of a slip there, maybe I do believe we''ll stay up... "

If Spurs beat Stoke on Saturday (which is very likely) then Arsenal will have dropped into the Europa league spot. I think Wigan will get absolutely hammered by the Gunners to be frank.

That is the hope, Joanna. However, football has a habit of throwing up freak results quite frequently. If all matches went as they ''should'' on paper then the Pools would be a doddle.

Even with an Arsenal hammering, we still need 1 result to go to plan that is far from certain. We must sort ourselves out at least a draw and probably a win at the weekend. We do not want to take this to the last day.

3 days after the cup final Wigan will be knackered and pi***d as newts or knackered and dejected, again. Arsenal at home facing a mentally exhausted team who can''t defend. There''s freak results and just plain implausibilities. I would prefer a win but one point should be pretty much enough.

Villa will lose and we will go into the game knowing that a win will keep us up, which is exactly what we will do! Cue a collective sigh of relief and celebrations that we beat the dreaded second season syndrome! Lovely job. And because it doenst matter, sods law that Wigan lose both their games making it all completely irrelevant.Cue a summer of exciting signings and the start of a clean slate. Next season is going to be a completely different adventure..

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]3 days after the cup final Wigan will be knackered and pi***d as newts or knackered and dejected, again. Arsenal at home facing a mentally exhausted team who can''t defend. There''s freak results and just plain implausibilities. I would prefer a win but one point should be pretty much enough.[/quote]If Wigan have any brains they''ll play their reserves agaist ManC.

Resting players in an FA Cup Final ? I''ve never heard anything so stupid. Forget what the final has now become, it''s still the FA Cup Final, and a once in a lifetime game for the Wigan players. No-one will want to be rested. Absurd.