RuddyRuss MartinTurner (if fit)BassongGarridoJohnsonTetteySnoddyWesPilksBecchio4-2-3-1. Provides us with width, Wes to dictate from the middle, 2 defensive midfielders to win the challenges and quality out wide to send the ball in for Becchio in his chance to keep us up.Ruddy to return to give everyone a lift.

As Turner has been declared out of contention, i''ll go with the following:

Plan A

Ruddy

Whittaker, Bassong, R.Bennett, Garrido

E.Bennett, Tettey, Johnson, Pilkington

Holt, Jackson

Bench: Bunn, Barnett, Martin, Howson, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Becchio

Plan B

Ruddy

Whittaker, Bassong, R.Bennett, Garrido

Tettey, Johnson

Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Pilkington

Becchio

Subs: Bunn, Barnett, Martin, Howson, E.Bennett, Holt, Jackson

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Ruddy
Russ Martin
Turner (if fit)
Bassong
Garrido

Johnson
Tettey

Snoddy
Wes
Pilks

Becchio

4-2-3-1. Provides us with width, Wes to dictate from the middle, 2 defensive midfielders to win the challenges and quality out wide to send the ball in for Becchio in his chance to keep us up.

Ruddy to return to give everyone a lift.
[/quote]

Why would you start becchio, considering he has hardly featured at all since joining? (not a criticism, just a genuine question)

Ruddy

Whittaker

Martin

Bassong

Garrido

Johnson

Tettey

Bennett

Snoddy

Pilks

Holt

4-2-3-1.

Interchangeable midfield trio.

[quote user="El Asesino"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]RuddyRuss MartinTurner (if fit)BassongGarridoJohnsonTetteySnoddyWesPilksBecchio4-2-3-1. Provides us with width, Wes to dictate from the middle, 2 defensive midfielders to win the challenges and quality out wide to send the ball in for Becchio in his chance to keep us up.Ruddy to return to give everyone a lift.[/quote]

Why would you start becchio, considering he has hardly featured at all since joining? (not a criticism, just a genuine question)

[/quote]a psychological thing.... if he can raise his game when it matters, score a goal and keep us up it gives him a huge boost going into next season, wins the fans over and keeps Hoots in a job (Possibly)if he cant lift himself for the biggest game of the season, well.... others can speculate that...

For myself..

Ruddy

Martin   Bassong   R Bennett   Whittaker

Johnson   Tettey

Snodgrass       Hoolahan   Pilkington

Holt

However, I think in recent weeks, Jonny Howson has done particularly well, and I wouldnt be surprised to see his selection.

Jas'' team for me, but expect holt to start up front

I''d like to see the original spine with the exception of turner, obviously.

ruddy

bass benno

tettey johnson

wes

holt.

with the usual players around them.

go back to the 10 unbeaten bar turner.

think it would be a risk playing becchio seeing as he has rarely played, but depending on if holts in a physical mood, it could also be a risk playing him.

RuddyWhitaker            Bassong        Turner         Garrido

Sondgrass            Johnson        Howson       E. Bennet                       Becchio                 Holt

Subs. Pilkington, Hoolahan, Jackson, R.Martin, Tetty, Bunn

Ruddy

Whittaker  

R Bennett  

Bassong  

Garrido

Johnson      Tettey

Bennett                                           Pilkington

Snodgrass                                                    Holt

Re; Becchio - starting an unproven and not "match fit" striker in a must win Premier League game is like sticking all your roulette chips on one number.  It might come off, but the odds are massively against it.Also, you don''t become a better player by not playing competitive football.Becchio hasn''t had a look in for whatever reason, and if that changes on Sunday to the extent he''s named in the starting XI then I will be questioning Hughton''s bottle.  A ten minute cameo as a sub, fine, but I won''t hold my breath.

Ruddy

Martin R. Bennett Bassong Garrido

Snodgrass Howson Johnson Pilkington

Hoolahan

Holt

Subs.

Whittaker, E. Bennett, Becchio, Jackson, Tettey, Bunn, Barnett

I wouldn''t mind Tettey in for Johnson from the start to inject a bit more energy.

Snodgrass will be knackered after 75 minutes so would plan switch him for E. Bennett late in the game.

If Wes is not getting any joy and we are struggling I would consider E. Bennett in ''the hole'' and putting Whittaker on at right midfield.

We clearly have some players on their last legs after a long hard season, namely Snodgrass, Johnson and Bassong so subs will be critical.