Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Garrido Yes or No

Do we offer him a permanent deal at the end of the season?For me it''s a big fat yes. Think he''s had a decent season and with a solid year of Premier League football under him now he can only get better.

There are 2 clauses that needed to be met for the permanent deal to be automatically triggered.

1. play 25 games - done

2. survive in the prem - nearly done.

There is no debate of wheather he joins us as it has already been agreed in principle.

I would be happy to see him arrive as there aren''t lots of good natural left backs around.

Yes for me.   And another to be signed with Tierney being allowed to leave.

I would not be too upset if he left at the end of the season, whether through his choice or ours.

He came with a reputation of being proficient with free kicks and whipping in crosses. We have seen (very) few of the latter, although they were often good, and none of the former. Our set-up perhaps did not allow him to express this part of the game.

In addition to this, he lacks pace and is in trouble with wingers with pace. He, and other in the defence, is too willing to concede space to attacking opponents, by backing off, and I feel that this has led to goals conceded.

He is also inclined to lose concentration, and make some horrible (usually cross field) passes.

He looks a classy player, but I think that we need someone better.

Not fussed to be honest. Perhaps, yes, in so far as he can fill Tierney''s boots, but we need to improve our full backs I believe.

By all accounts the choice is his, but I would say that he is the best LB we have got, and so has to stay.

I would however look for another LB and let Tierney leave, hoping some true competition would help Garrido up his game.

If there''s already an agreement in place and Garrido wants to come, then it''s somewhat of a moot point although I would like to know what price has been agreed for a permanent deal (wouldn''t want to spend more than maybe 2 mil on Garrido).Moving on from that, if Hughton (or whoever) doesn''t rate Tierney, then we clearly need good cover for the position, and whilst Whittaker could probably do a job there, I think he looks much more comfortable on the right than the left.We''ve already had a suggestion in another thread to see if Naughton is available, and for me this is exactly the sort of player we should be looking for to compete with Garrido, it may not be Naughton himself, but a younger player with a bit of pace about them would be just the ticket.

I would say yes if the price is right. We could get better but how much more would it cost? It''s our midfiled that needs changing plus an additional centre back if Ayala and Barnett are on their way out.

Davo

When was the last time Tierney actually played in the league?I remember watching him during Pre-Season against Ajax and a couple of Cup GamesCan''t actually remember watching him play a single league game though

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Can''t actually remember watching him play a single league game though[/quote]He was in the side that got mauled by Fulham at the start of the season, hasn''t played a league game since...

solid if unspectacular and probably never going to win any many of the match awards... i suppose thats what you want from a full back! good player and i''d say bring him here long term

Yes. I think he''s more than a decent player. But seems to be out of tune with the rest of our back four at times. Pushing up when the other three have dropped deep.  Drifting wide when he is needed to narrow up the back four.If we were a more attacking side, I think we would see more of his positive attributes come to the fore.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]solid if unspectacular i suppose thats what you want from a full back! [/quote]

i would love baines, cole or bale here ;-)