Sign in to follow this  
huckerby6

New TV Deal

The Football League has announced a new three-year television deal with Sky Sports and ITV believed to be worth around £110 million - a 40 per cent increase in revenue.

The previous deal was worth £25million a season over four years but in a market where TV rights are facing a downturn in value, the League has negotiated a substantial increase.

The new agreement will see Sky broadcast around 100 live matches a season from the Football League''s competitions, while ITV will continue with its Sunday morning ''The Championship'' programme as well as regional highlights programmes.

Football League Chairman Sir Brian Mawhinney feels the deal is an indication of the positive feeling surrounding the game outside the Premiership.

He said: "Crowds have increased yet again, as have viewing figures, and we are also delivering on the promise we made to increase our clubs'' commercial revenues.

"Sky Sports are a class act and this new agreement is recognition of the outstanding entertainment our clubs provide their viewers week in, week out, throughout the season."

He added: "I am delighted that ITV have agreed to extend our partnership for a further three seasons as this ensures that supporters have the opportunity to see their clubs on free-to-air television."

Each of the 72 league clubs will receive an increase in revenue and Brighton chairman Dick Knight admits the extra cash is crucial to every individual club.

[quote]100 games, that seems a lot, how many was it last year? I didn''t take much notice then. May help make up for losing NCFC from Football First[/quote]

Oh damn it and stunted dwarfs!, now I''ve got to have sky put back on.

Oh, bother and bottom!.