Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Kyle Naughton

Once safety is confirmed on Sunday I would like us to say Cheerio to Garrido and welcome back Naughton. he is not getting a regular game at Spurs and now we have a little money to spend he would be first on my list. Not sure if you all would agree.

Can play either fullback slot and I doubt Spurs would want to lose the cover he offers, especially with a little bit of doubt over Benny''s future.

BRILLIANT, PLAY A RIGHT BACK AT LEFT BACK RATHER THAN  A LEFT BACK AT LEFT BACK!

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oUc6WpOAwto/SOB1o1fqMKI/AAAAAAAAAvE/_TFMDzPms4E/s400/8907~God-Give-Me-the-Strength-Posters.jpg[/img]

Over 20 games for a team close to Champions'' League qualification this season - he isn''t going to be interested in a move to Norwich.

Also, as Garrido have played over 25 games this season Norwich are contractally bound to sign him from Lazio. The deal will only not happen if Garrido decides he doesn''t want to join Norwich.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

BRILLIANT, PLAY A RIGHT BACK AT LEFT BACK RATHER THAN  A LEFT BACK AT LEFT BACK!

[/quote]

Has played most of this season as a left back for Tottenham as well as quite a few time there for Norwich last season.

(It''s possible for a player to play in more than one position).

The problem here is that not only has Naughton played a decent amount of games for them (14 at last count I think), but he''s also likely to be a longer term replacement for Assou-Ekotto, and is a very good player to have on their bench due to his flexibility of being able to cover both Walker and BAE.I''d argue that he''s probably valued at more than he was last summer by them, and as he''s contracted until 2016, they will be in no rush to sell either...I''d very happily welcome him back to the club, but we can''t blow a large chunk of our transfer budget on him if Spurs start asking for big money, especially when I hear that Garrido is a done deal already...

Oh my God. Did Banana just post that image?

What a tool.

For a start, Naughton was just as good at LB when we played him there. He can play both sides equally well, if you think he''s purely a right back then you''re clearly the idiot. And then as Bethnal points out most of his games this season have been at LB.

If you''re going to be so aggressive with your opinion at least make sure you have a leg to stand on, because what you said is about as wrong as an opinion can be, and then you follow it up by posting a stupid image calling other idiots. Very very funny.

Just to add to Indy''s point I can see Kyle being a first choice at Spurs next season. Assou Ekotto has had a few shockers this season and maybe moved down the pecking order.

Shame as I would love Kyle back. One of the POTS last year.

Actually, I would like to see full backs more able to switch flanks, the trend these days is to play wingers with their strongest foot on opposite flanks and cut in before crossing, so, when wingers do that, they would then be attacking the full backs stronger foot if that makes sense. Ashley cole once played rightback to nullify Ronaldo if I remember correctly and it worked to great effect. So I dont see what the big deal is really banana

Tierney out, him and Garrido in. That''s full back sorted then and i''d go as far as to say the entire back line sorted unless we see a space for Curtis Davies or similar.

I rate Garrido and I think his weaknesses could be improved by coaching (e.g. sometimes he passes back or sidways and puts another player in difficulty).

But yes, I''d rate Naughton highly and he looked class at FB last year, either side.  Agree though that if Garrido signs anyway, it wouldn''t be an important area.

He certainly has pace, but I never felt that he was as good on the left as on the right. He would surely have played more for Spurs if Walker had not been so good.

I am not sure what others think, but I felt he was better attacking than he was defending. No problem with this - look at Leighton Baines, but with the cautious approach of CH, would Naughton fit in?

Would happily see Kyle back here. Not sure either he or Spurs would welcome it though. He''s done very well for Spurs this season.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]. And then as Bethnal points out most of his games this season have been at LB. [/quote]

Only due to an injury.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]. And then as Bethnal points out most of his games this season have been at LB. [/quote]

Only due to an injury.[/quote]

Never mind being "In the fruit bowl", I''m fairly certain you''d be better suited to "The Nut House"...

I''ve only seen him play a couple of games this season, both were in european games and he was dire in both to be honest. As good as he was for us last season he was bad in these 2 games. I can only assume he has improved as the season has gone on.

Only due to an injury.

[/quote]

So? He was only ever going to get game time due to injury. He''s not better than Walker.

He''s played a decent number of games at LB for a top five side. He''d be more than good enough to play LB for us.

Personally, I thought KN was a top player for us and would be delighted to see him back. But, as others have commented, it''s looks as if he may well have a long-term first team position at Spurs, unfortunately for us.

Yep, would like to see him back but couldn''t actually see it happening. About as likely to happen as getting Ryan Betrand back, which I also wouldn''t mind.By the way, did anyone else see the moment in the Chelsea v Spurs match when Lennon was sprinting away with the ball on the break and Walker ran past him and took the ball off him. Amazing speed!

Wiki claims he has played 26 games for them this season, i very much doubt he will get loaned out again. Perhaps could be bought if Spurs bring in a couple of FBs, i believe Assou-Ekotu (no idea how you spell that) is out of contract this summer as well.

Agree with most, would love him back here - an exciting prospect - and surely a future England player. Sadly, I just can''t see us prising him away from Spurs

Would have loved him to stay when his loan ended but he didn''t. Why can''t some people let go and accept we had a great loan spell out of him and that''s it?

As for saying he had a couple of poor games, didn''t some of our players early doors? cough Michael Turner cough

Danny Rose will be back at Spurs next season,

Naughton will get another shift down pecking order

We HAVE to sign Garrido if we stay up, now that he''s played 25 games. Clause was that if he plays over 25 games and we stay up, we have to sign him. That''s what he told me the other day whilst I was in the gym with him.

We have Martin and Whittaker, Garrido already.   Tierney hasn''t really featured so maybe one more in to add to what we have would be useful for next season.  Naughton?   Better imo than Walker so I don''t think he will be moving from Spurs.   How about Baines?? [:)]

[quote user="simmo_2"]Danny Rose will be back at Spurs next season,

Naughton will get another shift down pecking order[/quote]I think you''ve got that the wrong way round tbh.If AVB had preferred Rose to Naughton, he wouldn''t have let him go on loan, especially when you consider that Naughton had just had a full season of prem football, compared to virtually none for Rose.Naughton''s now had 2 years playing the prem, both for us and Spurs, compared to Rose who''s had half a season on loan, so IMHO there''s no chance Rose will be displacing Naughton in AVB''s thoughts.That being said, if for some reason he DID decide he prefers Rose, it would give us an edge if we wanted to make an offer for Naughton...