Sign in to follow this  
coachkemp

What could be done to give norwich the best chance of survival?

I am interested to find out what us fans think either Hughton should do tactically/selection wise and what we could do as fans to give Norwich the best support in the battle for survival. There is lots of missed this, should of that, so please do tell me what you feel we could and what hughton should do in your eyes.Personally, I would go 4-2-3-1 and really look to diversify our attacking threat and not limit it to just hoolahan or an aimless cross. Look to inject pace up front and maybe even look to becchio or jackson just to force WBA''s defensive line to play deeper. And aside from that, try to throw away the trepidation and fear as we enter the stadium and fill it with belief, support and passion for football. Remove the fear of failure and allow the players to express thmselves, if that isn''t good enough then we can say that the club tried.Your thoughts?

I don''t think there''s an easy answer to this, but I would go with two strikers in a 4-4-2, supported by Snods and Bennett playing wide for crosses, but also cutting in to join the attack as the FBs come forward. Is Johnson out after picking up his 10th yellow card? If so, then sitting back isn''t going to cut it. Tettey can concentrate on the DM role, while Howson makes the midfield links box to box. City have a decent defence and both Snods and Benno are excellent at tracking back to break up attacks. I''d be tempted to play Jackson with Holt, so the WBA defenders can''t play a high line because of his pace. This is not the time to sit back and hope, IMO.

I think almost every thread posted since Christmas contains the kind of suggestions you are looking for.

[quote user="Chip20"]I think almost every thread posted since Christmas contains the kind of suggestions you are looking for.[/quote]and where is your suggestion?

The best that we can do as fans is stick with the guys for 90 odd minutes, you can see anxiety build in the players as passes go astray and the crowd react negatively, the negativity self perpetuates and we want to avoid that on Sunday.

The role of the fans in this has been done to death, but as a result of where we are in terms of team confidence, their role is even more crucial. What the players need more than anything is an injection of self belief, no matter who is selected, it looks to me as if it will be down to the crowd to help deliver that on Sunday!

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7hEqCdAwjsThis ^[/quote]I do wish we could get mike bassett back, won the cup under him! Also how much does phill jupitus look like a young martin samuel.

[quote user="Vanwink"]The best that we can do as fans is stick with the guys for 90 odd minutes, you can see anxiety build in the players as passes go astray and the crowd react negatively, the negativity self perpetuates and we want to avoid that on Sunday. The role of the fans in this has been done to death, but as a result of where we are in terms of team confidence, their role is even more crucial. What the players need more than anything is an injection of self belief, no matter who is selected, it looks to me as if it will be down to the crowd to help deliver that on Sunday![/quote]

Spot on

[quote user="Vanwink"]The best that we can do as fans is stick with the guys for 90 odd minutes, you can see anxiety build in the players as passes go astray and the crowd react negatively, the negativity self perpetuates and we want to avoid that on Sunday. The role of the fans in this has been done to death, but as a result of where we are in terms of team confidence, their role is even more crucial. What the players need more than anything is an injection of self belief, no matter who is selected, it looks to me as if it will be down to the crowd to help deliver that on Sunday![/quote]

Spot on

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Garrido

Tettey

Bennett Snodgrass Hoolahan Pilkington

Holt

I think Martin is a better CB than Bennett. Moving him across would allow us to utilise Whittakers mobility.

I think Tettey is more mobile that Johnson and breaks up play better, which is all we need from him in this formation. Think BJ is part of the reason we''ve been limited this year. Played his best, but he is very one dimensional, and playing both him and Tettey robs the midfield of invention.

Play just Tettey and instruct him simply to destroy, with simple lay offs to the two attacking midfielders Hoolahan and Snoddy.

Snodgrasses problem is he wants to play like an inverted winger. He''s learned to cross with his right foot, but he''ll never be a direct winger in the way Benno can be. Utilise Snoddys strenghts and play him as an attacking midfield pair on the right of centre, with Hoolahan left of centre. Gives Hoolahan two options in the middle again (like when he played at the tip of the diamond) with the protection from Tettey. He is also not the only threat (as Snoddy is in next to him) so he cant be stifled out of the game by the opposition in the way Hucks used to be.

Allow Pilks and Benno to play as direct wingers and play to Holts strengths. Let Snoddy drift out like Holt tends to do at the moment leaving Holt to remain in the centre to get on the end of things.

Genuinely think this could work, not major surgery, just playing to the players strengths.

Major argument is that Tettey would be swamped and we would be too weak defensively. But West Brom is a must win game, so what the hell!