Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Give Becchio a chance, Hughton and fans!

Why is it that Vaughan keeps being told to be given a chance and called back, yet Becchio is ignored?

Vaughan had scored 14 goals in the Championship, whereas Becchio had scored 19, in a shorter amount of time too.

I do not see why Becchio is not given a chance by Hughton. The one time I saw him against Fulham I thought he played far better than Holt, ever since then he has been totally invisible.

Why?

Is he not fit? I doubt it because it would have been said. Is he not good enough? Well how can we tell if he has barely played? Is there is some sort of internal problem regarding him and the management/players? Impossible to tell.

Give Becchio a chance!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

It can hardly be said that the form of our other strikers, or the team generally is keeping him out of the side. It is pretty obvious Hughton doesn''t rate him, I can see him being sold on in the summer.

[/quote]

Why sign him if he doesn''t rate him? Makes no sense, especially when shipping out a player who has actually scored goals at this level.

I think there''s more to this than meets the eye.

Makes you wonder if they really wanted Morro out that badly. Swap deals are practically unheard of these days.

Becchio wasnt a player we looked at and paid money for. He was acquired as part of a deal to offload Morrison.

The Becchio thing is a real surprise, he was seen as our headline signing in January after we failed to acquire Hooper, and yet practical anonymity.

Hughton has frozen out players he clearly doesnt want, shipping some out on loan and leaving others in the cold like Tierney and Fox. With Becchio not even making the bench sometimes it does suggest that Hughton really doesnt/didnt want him.

So why was he signed? A necessary evil in order to offload Morrison (was that need conceivably so great), or was his signing somebody else''s idea - and if so what insight does this give us into the organization of the club.

Hughton clearly doesnt want Fox or Tierney, he seems to be treating Becchio in the same way, which is odd considering he signed him...

I agree.... give Becchio a chance as he''s the player that knows where the goal is. I''d play him alongside Holt and get the wingers to put in loads of crosses as both are good in the air.

I don''t think I have seen many fans write him off, yeah most are puzzled as to whats going on, but lets not make up "Hughton clearly doesn''t rate him" based on no facts whatsoever.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Makes you wonder if they really wanted Morro out that badly. Swap deals are practically unheard of these days.

Becchio wasnt a player we looked at and paid money for. He was acquired as part of a deal to offload Morrison.

The Becchio thing is a real surprise, he was seen as our headline signing in January after we failed to acquire Hooper, and yet practical anonymity.

Hughton has frozen out players he clearly doesnt want, shipping some out on loan and leaving others in the cold like Tierney and Fox. With Becchio not even making the bench sometimes it does suggest that Hughton really doesnt/didnt want him.

So why was he signed? A necessary evil in order to offload Morrison (was that need conceivably so great), or was his signing somebody else''s idea - and if so what insight does this give us into the organization of the club.

Hughton clearly doesnt want Fox or Tierney, he seems to be treating Becchio in the same way, which is odd considering he signed him...[/quote]Hughton also released his own son (Kian Hughton) on a free when at Birmingham

Could it simply be that CH rated Kamara as a better more versatile option then Becchio?

It may be why Jackson gets the bench before him as he is a different option.

I hope he gets played, think he may be our hero.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Makes you wonder if they really wanted Morro out that badly. Swap deals are practically unheard of these days.

Hughton clearly doesnt want Fox or Tierney, he seems to be treating Becchio in the same way, which is odd considering he signed him...[/quote]Hughton also released his own son (Kian Hughton) on a free when at Birmingham[/quote]

Now that is cold...

Or maybe not as ruthless as it sounds, perhaps it was the best thing for him

[quote user="morty"]I don''t think I have seen many fans write him off, yeah most are puzzled as to whats going on, but lets not make up "Hughton clearly doesn''t rate him" based on no facts whatsoever.[/quote]Is he perhaps carrying an injury then?  If you are not getting any games as a striker in our current lineup there can''t be many other reasons.  Managers tend to pick players they rate and leave out the ones they don''t.   Becchio was behind Jackson in the pecking order for the last couple of home games.  If the manager thinks you are worse than Jackson, who also hardly plays, you are in real trouble.If the Hoot rated him, he would have more than 163 minutes football to his name since signing in January.

I can see him coming on as a sub on Sunday. I believe Hughton has justified Becchio''s exclusion in press conferences by saying he''s a similar player to Holt. And this is why Kamara has been used when Holt has been ineffective on his own.  I''m not convinced that logic adds up.Anyway, Becchio has looked off the pace in the games he has featured in. But if he''s excluded altogether, how can he adapt and improve? Considering we seem to just lump the ball into the box from the flanks or from deep anyway, you may as well use a player used to that way of playing (i.e. Colin''s hoof-ball tactics), even if it''s only for the final 15 minutes.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]1 up top tomorrow. Given Becchios lack of match practice im not surprised.[/quote]With that logic then perhaps we shouldn''t be playing Ruddy.....