Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Best loan players

So I am happy to admit that I started following Norwich properly whilst we were in League 1, so don''t have an extensive knowledge of player we have taken on loan.

But who are the best?

In the last few years I have liked Lansbury and Pacheco, however I think Kamara was special in the way he captured the fans off the field too.

Who do you think was the best loan player we have had?

Scott Parker was young & good as was Ryan Bertrand, Darren Huckerby, Peter Crouch & Kyle Naughton probably had the biggest impact on the pitch. Kamara was definitely a popular guy around the club but not what was needed on the pitch I''m affraid, his ability didn''t match his enthusiasm & CH''s persivence with him may still result in our demise, lets hope we can get the result we need Sunday to dispell that worry.

"& CH''s persivence with him may still result in our demise"

just for the record - there is no guarantee we would of scored had we of gone with holt and or becchio instead, however Kamara was involved in 7 or 8 of our last 10 goals.

as for best loans. I was young but crouch always excited me, then there''s Hucks, Bertrand, Lansbury, Garrido, and kamara for me.

Hux, Crouch (created as much momentum as Hux did), Parker, Naughton and Neilsen all had a great impact,  while the betrand, lansbury, gibbs, bentleys all showed their talent.   Like kamara all improved our squad during their time and were best in their positions.

Pleased with Garrido too and one to sign come the summer

Yep Hucks for me too. The bloke just electrified the team and the crowd every time he stepped on the pitch.
Leroy Lita did pretty well in his loan spell here too imo but not even close to the same level of impact as Hucks.

Has to be Hucks, one of those exceptional players that gets the crowd on its feet as soon as he gets the ball.

David Nielson was pretty good as well, until we signed him of course.

Always risky trying to predict the score when he was in the team!

[quote user="Nicko"]I really liked john hartson, antoine sibierski and mo camara[/quote]

I think Holty was wearing Big Johns shorts last Saturday!

david healy was decent player from what i remember of his performances.

crouch and hux along with kevin harper were something else in that promotion season though.

in more recent times - lansbury, naughton and forster.

Hucks is the most obvious one, but there were quite a few over the years that I really liked when they came on loan for one reason or another (even if we didn''t sign them or they went totally off the boil when we did!).To name a few:David Rocastle & Jan Molby - both fading forces and trying to get their career back on track, Rocastle in particular would have been a great acquisition (think we couldn''t agree on wages - I may be wrong here), and it was a sad loss to football when he passed away a few years later.Scott Parker - you could already see the quality and potential he had even at that age and inexperience.David Nielsen - possibly one of the most impressive loan spells I''ve ever seen, such a shame that it went badly downhill from then onwards (from a player who could have been great if he''d put the effort in and wasn''t a complete headcase)...Peter Crouch - if only we''d had that little bit of extra cash to make his deal permanentUlf Ottosson - Terrible striker who Mike Walker thankfully didn''t sign, but there was something likeable about the guy regardless of this and I just wanted him to score despite his obvious deficiencies.

He wasn''t our best by a long way, but I did like Mo Camara''s "full-blooded" approach to tackling.Back in the day, both Jan Molby and David Rocastle showed that class can still shine over fitness.

The sad thing was the way Nielson'' s performances nosedived after he got a contract.

"Kamara was definitely a popular guy around the club but not what was needed on the pitch I''m affraid, his ability didn''t match his enthusiasm & CH''s persivence with him may still result in our demise"

Marvellous. A thread about players and the 2nd reply is a dig at the manager.

And yes...he was involved in a large proportion of our recent goals.

In answer to the OP, there can be only one. Huckerby. An exciting player on the pitch who took the club, fans and City to his heart. Still heavily involved now. A genuine club legend. Such a shame Roeder ruined it. Tw@t.

Huckerby, easily - turned us from a play-off team into a league winning side.

Crouch also played his part