Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Why are some people..

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lappinitup"]Does anybody believe that Hughton would send a team out in any game not trying to win? The suggestion is absurd.[/quote]He''s seemingly done it a number of times over the season, so it''s not that absurd is it...[;)][/quote]Seemingly lol. It may seem that way to his detractors but not to me. The guy has had a successful career in football as a player, coach and manager. You are only successful if you win. Losers fall by the wayside. Do you honestly believe he''s changed his philosophy this season Indy and if so, why would he?

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Houghton[/quote]

Any opinion you have is automatically rendered null and void for not knowing the manager''s name.

We''re 2 games from the end of the season FFS.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Do you honestly believe he''s changed his philosophy this season Indy and if so, why would he?[/quote]I think that the opening day debacle immediately put him on the defensive, and we''ve played over-cautiously ever since.Even during the 10 game run, we were playing defensive football, nicking a goal and sitting back again.I think he''s been surprised by the quality of opposition (or that he overrates them too much), especially in comparison to the teams that were up against Brum the season before and he''s panicked somewhat which has prompted a potential change in his mindset.I don''t think Brum played overly defensive football (they certainly scored plenty), but the tactics he employed really suited the players he had, but when he''s tried to implement the same plan here, it really hasn''t clicked with our players and instead of accepting this and re-thinking things, he''s stubbornly persisted with it in the vain hope that either it will all work out, or he''ll survive the season so he can bring in players who will fit in with it (hence the links to players like Davies, Redmond and similar).With that in mind, you could argue that it''s been his lack of willingness to change his philosophy that''s caused the biggest problem, which combined with the bad opening result and concern about quality of opposition, he''s gone much more defensive than needed whilst upsetting the players in the process (upsetting may not be the totally correct wording, but for some reason I can''t elucidate it better at this point).