Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Why are some people..

failing to understand that a Norwich draw + Wigan loss against Arsenal = safety?I want Norwich to win every game 10 nil but if that doesnt happen and we draw then it is NOT the end of the world.

I''m failing to understand why you are getting so upset by this?

Its not like everyone is saying tomorrow is a must win, i''ve hardly seen anyone say that.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m failing to understand why you are getting so upset by this?

Its not like everyone is saying tomorrow is a must win, i''ve hardly seen anyone say that.[/quote]

Because all over here/twitter and facebook I see Norwich fans saying it''ll be doom and gloom if we dont win tomorrow.

Which is rubbish.

Really?

I''d say your post is rubbish. I haven''t seen any doom and gloom from Norwich fans today, seem to be quite optimistic at the moment...

I think the majority of urgency and demand from fans on here is for us to win because we are then more in contol of our destiny. Whereas, a draw tomorrow doesnt help us if Wigan actually do beat Arsenal on tuesday.

I think people just want the agony to be over and want us to positively put the issue to bed ourselves rather than limp home and rely on Arsenal to save us.

If we win tomorrow we can enjoy the weekend. Draw or lose and we''ll be sweating right up until the final whistle in the wigan game.

Think people just want the relief now! I know I do...

Thought it was £5/600k CUSDP?

Either way, its a nice little amount to add to the wage budget, or offer someone as a signing on bonus to tempt them here over somewhere else.

We can beat WBA. We need to improve to an extent, and get the luck we need. If we have a game without the ref doing something stupid to not give us an obvious key decision, have Ruddy in goal so we have someone with a chance of reaching a long shot. And put Holt or Becchio in the box permanently so there is someone there when we cross the ball in.

The point should really be that we play for a win.  That way if we draw its not so bad.   Going into the match with the mentality that a draw would be ok is too risky.  It has to be a 100% focus on winning tomorrow.     The fans will expect nothing less.

"djc"I think the majority of urgency and demand from fans on here is for us to win because we are then more in contol of our destiny. Whereas, a draw tomorrow doesnt help us if Wigan actually do beat Arsenal on tuesday.

Spot on. I am not enjoying waiting and watching out for others to help us. I want the three points to calm the stress levels.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

The point should really be that we play for a win.  That way if we draw its not so bad.   Going into the match with the mentality that a draw would be ok is too risky. 

It has to be a 100% focus on winning tomorrow.    

[/quote]

Agree 100%

''I think people just want the agony to be over and want us to positively put the issue to bed ourselves rather than limp home and rely on Arsenal to save us''

Which is exactly what I told him earlier. (Well not exactly those words, but essentially that). And I thought he''d at least understood that, clearly not ;)

I hope we win and can cheer on Wigan, Sunderland and Newcastle. Wanna see villa go down, Wigan villa game looking huge. No benteke.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The point should really be that we play for a win.  That way if we draw its not so bad.   Going into the match with the mentality that a draw would be ok is too risky.[/quote]Does anybody believe that Hughton would send a team out in any game not trying to win? The suggestion is absurd.

A win tomorrow means we''re safe. A draw is not a disaster but leaves us at risk and if Wigan then Got something from arsenal it would go down to the final day

Given we have a tough game next week, tomorrow is a must-win in the sense that a win gives us safety and a draw doesn''t. If we draw and Wigan sneak a win on Tuesday then a draw between villa and Wigan would make them both safe if we lose at Man C and us down unless ncastle or Sunderland mess up

Not saying this is likely but a win tmrw is the only thing that guarantees us safety, without relying on arsenal to beat Wigan

A win tomorrow means the result of the Wigan game doesn''t matter, because villa and Wigan can''t both win their last game.

I want us to win the game. I want to win it as much as I wanted us to win against Villa. I would love to go into the last day watching others sweat it out. But we have to win for that to happen. My ideal set of results this weekend rely on us winning.

A Wigan loss to arsenal and a point for us also leaves us safe, but I''d much rather we got the win.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Does anybody believe that Hughton would send a team out in any game not trying to win? The suggestion is absurd.[/quote]He''s seemingly done it a number of times over the season, so it''s not that absurd is it...[;)]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Because all over here/twitter and facebook I see Norwich fans saying it''ll be doom and gloom if we dont win tomorrow.Which is rubbish. [/quote]We could lose both games and stay up if Wigan fail to get 3 points from their two games.  Everyone knows this.  However the only way we can guarantee safety is to get 2 points out of the next 2 games.  As our final game is at the Etihad, that means 2 points from tomorrow''s game to do the job ourselves and ensure safety.If we lose or draw tomorrow, and Wigan somehow win against Arsenal... we are deep in the real smelly stuff.  In all probability we get a point, Arsenal beat Wigan, season over.

Its because a win means we have PL football for another season. A draw leaves it out of our own hands. As i''m not to confident of securing points against Citeh.

I don''t think the wink was required Indy. I think it is clear he has sent teams out not to lose which is very different to sending a team out to try and win. So I reckon Lappinitup that he has sent them out not to win as such.

I personally hope that Wigan do beat Arsenal, but that is after we beat WBA. Then I would just love to be able to sit back, and if other results go the right way, enjoy Wigan relegating Villa on the last day, preferably in the last minute.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lappinitup"]Does anybody believe that Hughton would send a team out in any game not trying to win? The suggestion is absurd.[/quote]He''s seemingly done it a number of times over the season, so it''s not that absurd is it...[;)][/quote]Nah, he always goes for a win, but unfortunately in the wrong way.... [;)]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lappinitup"]Does anybody believe that Hughton would send a team out in any game not trying to win? The suggestion is absurd.[/quote]He''s seemingly done it a number of times over the season, so it''s not that absurd is it...[;)][/quote]

I assumed his comment was tongue in cheek, it surely was: wasn''t it?

I think Houghton has already admitted in as many words that in certain games he''s gone into the match trying to keep it solid at the back and difficult to breakdown whilst trying to nick one at the other end....it''s pretty close to not playing to win I have to say!

"I think it is clear he has sent teams out not to lose"

Lambert did that too, sometimes. Was it the Chelsea game where he was standing on the touch line screaming "DON''T GET F*CKING BEAT"?