Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNewbee

EXCLUSIVE: Swansea boss Laudrup poised to sign £4m Johnson from Norwich

Perhaps Laudrup has looked at the Norwich game this season and seen that BJ has set up exactly as many goals (2) as Wes Hoolahan.

£4m is a fair wodge.

Add a couple more & perhaps we could get the midfield equivalent of Benteke?

Now that would be nice!

McNally has already tweeted that is "completely untrue"

All back on standby...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="mendhams_rusty_shank"]i also think this shows hughtons a fkn clueless idiot whos probably going to break up the squad and fill it with brick 5h1thouse 6 foot 4 africans with limited technique but can run around a lot[/quote]You mean instead of a 6ft English brick "5h1thouse" with limited technique but can run around a lot.......[/quote]heheyeh but his technique is considerably better than the likes of tetteyi genuinely think we will see a stoke like team of thugs next season, all the flair gone, more hoof ball, solid lumps that bore their opponents into submission

so kind of like this season with different slightly bigger players

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]McNally has already tweeted that is "completely untrue"All back on standby...[/quote]Damn, was already spending the money on a much better midfield playmaker  [:(]

[quote user="mendhams_rusty_shank"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="mendhams_rusty_shank"]i also think this shows hughtons a fkn clueless idiot whos probably going to break up the squad and fill it with brick 5h1thouse 6 foot 4 africans with limited technique but can run around a lot[/quote]You mean instead of a 6ft English brick "5h1thouse" with limited technique but can run around a lot.......[/quote]heheyeh but his technique is considerably better than the likes of tetteyi genuinely think we will see a stoke like team of thugs next season, all the flair gone, more hoof ball, solid lumps that bore their opponents into submission

so kind of like this season with different slightly bigger players[/quote].... which explains why we have bought Ricky Van Wolfswinkle, the guy once touted by the dutch press as the next Van Persie, while not offering a contract to the target man Kamara. Yeah your on your own with this one.... [:|]

Tettey is not creative - but he is the most effective defensive midfielder has and is good at knowing the range of his passing - hence he rarely misplaces passes.

Tetteys technique is far superior to Bradleys,   as his passing rate shows,  which Indy B has omitted to confirm that BJs is in the worst three midfielders again this season.   BJs energy is great,  is fouling (top 10 fouls all season) shooting,  passing and positional sense is not. 

maybe read the full post on the page before instead of just the quote birch

POTS for me and £4 million would not tempt me.Has proved beyond doubt that he can play in this league. £5+ million would be a good price but even so it''s not one that would make me want to sell.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

Damn, was already spending the money on a much better midfield playmaker  [:(][/quote]

In my squad plans I have him as cost effective cover next season as we do buy better - not the first central midfielder of ours I would release.  Starters becoing squad players is progression for me.

Still think we will be well in the summer.

But yes - £4.2m would be too much for me to turn down.

The article is wrong on the contract - 2 year extension signed in Feb taking the original 3 year contract to 2016 not 1 year left.   That would increase the value a bit. 

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Data to back up my assertions regarding injury and bench apps can also be found here:[url]http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/alexander-tettey/leistungsdaten/spieler_12384.html[/url][/quote]I find it strange you trying to compare pass rates between one player who has played 35 games and one player who has played 21 games.... they are inaccurate results, you need to find out how many attempted passes made

Johnson has been key to our team this year, certainly one of the first names on the team sheet. This is complete nonsense anyway, McNally has just confirmed that, unless of course there is a massive conspiracy some genius on here is about to unearth, like Ruddy to Arsenal......

david mcnally ‏@davidmcnally62 1h

“@belfastcanary: @davidmcnally62 Is it true Norwich have agreed a fee for Bradley Johnson with Swansea?” completely untrue

Completely untrue we''ve agreed a fee then. However ...

Would be a strange one though. Bradley Johnson? Swansea? Not exactly a match made in heaven I''d have thought.

I''m not averse to selling any of our players on one condition. We replace them with somebody better. That way our team will continually improve. Biglia would be a massive improvement.

[quote user="ron obvious"]david mcnally ‏@davidmcnally62 1h

“@belfastcanary: @davidmcnally62 Is it true Norwich have agreed a fee for Bradley Johnson with Swansea?” completely untrue

Completely untrue we''ve agreed a fee then. However ...

Would be a strange one though. Bradley Johnson? Swansea? Not exactly a match made in heaven I''d have thought.[/quote]

On the other side of the coin, Bradley Johnson to Swansea seems a strange club to make up. I reckon there''s interest, just not as far down the road as the Mail is suggesting...

£4.2 million! I would snap off their hands. He has had a good season and really stepped up his defensive game but in the end he is a decent defensive midfielder.

Defensive midfielders who are not great on the ball are 10 a penny in british football.

Perhaps we could replace him with Bridcutt from Brighton.

I always believe that when the papers right the stories there is a degree of truth...

If Celtic hadn''t come out with Hooper, then everyone would be saying papers make everything up.

So far, we''ve seen Pilks/BJ all linked away...

Hughton''s next mission midfield? As we all want... anyone excited?

Pass percentage comparison between Johnson and Tettey is slightly misleading as Johnson is the one who far more often tries to force the play, especially without Wes in the team. To be honest I''m surprised Johnson''s isn''t lower.

You hardly see Tettey pass more than a few yards and rarely to anyone under pressure or a ball for someone to run on to.

I''m not saying Johnson is the better all round player of the two, but that stat is a bit misleading without context. Tettey does not have anywhere near Johnson''s passing range imho.

[quote user="Baracouda"]Biglia anyone??[/quote]

Even his agent hasn''t started yet!!  lets hear no more of him[;)]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="SYG"]Shut up Indy, he is one of our best players.

We would notice if he wasn''t in our team by a mile[/quote]No I won''t shut up - Who the f**k do you think you are?All Johnson is, is a midfield bruiser who''s very limited technically and has a thunderbolt strike that is on target one every 213 shots...Tettey can do everything Johnson can and more, plus he actually knows how to complete a pass most of the time (even if it is only 5 yard barbershop passes).The idea that Johnson could win POTS is a sad indictment on how we''ve played this year rather than a glowing accomplishment by a good player...[/quote]

Well going around acting like you are a premier league club scout probably will result in aggressive responses.

People who think Johnson isn''t worth £4million, or that great a player really need to have a double take.

He is a great tackler, great at breaking up play and strong as well as reasonably quick. His passing may not be that great - but I think that is more highlighted by the fact that he works his socks off to win the ball. Trust me when I say when you have done that the last thing you want is to have to be the one to immediately turn round and try to play a blinding through ball. You lay it off, hope to recover and then play on. The problem is Tettey is even more limited in terms of passing and gives it quickly back to him.

Against Aston Villa Johnson hit a superb 60 yard pass. And Agbonlahor scored from our right side, not our left.

Johnson does play his role, very, very, very well. He is worth more than £4million. And would not be so easy to replace.

If he was such a poor player why have England scouts been keeping an eye on him as a possible long term replacement to Gareth Barry who is guess what? Great at tracking, tackling and strong but is no great passer.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Baracouda"]Biglia anyone??[/quote]

Even his agent hasn''t started yet!!  lets hear no more of him[;)]

[/quote]

If Johnson did go I''d like to see us go for someone like Bridcutt, another young and hungry player that can be developed on a bit.

Have we not learned the hard way from doing that Chicken?

[quote user="chicken"]And Agbonlahor scored from our right side, not our left.

Johnson does play his role, very, very, very well. He is worth more than £4million. And would not be so easy to replace.

If he was such a poor player why have England scouts been keeping an eye on him as a possible long term replacement to Gareth Barry who is guess what? Great at tracking, tackling and strong but is no great passer.[/quote]Both of Agbonlahor''s goals came down our left.

[quote user="chicken"]And Agbonlahor scored from our right side, not our left.

If he was such a poor player why have England scouts been keeping an eye on him as a possible long term replacement to Gareth Barry who is guess what? Great at tracking, tackling and strong but is no great passer.[/quote]Both of Agbonlahor''s goals came down our left.

I would want a bit more money considering the increase in TV income next season, but, other than that, I have no problem with the transfer, even if it does sound highly unlikely.