Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNewbee

EXCLUSIVE: Swansea boss Laudrup poised to sign £4m Johnson from Norwich

Heres the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2321999/Michael-Laudrup-wants-Bradley-Johnson-Swansea-4m.html

They can shove that 4m right up their ar***. One of the pots candidates for me. They can come back when they have a serious offer to make.

WTF!?!?Snap their hand off before they relent!4 mil profit on a guy who works hard, tackles relatively well but can''t pass for toffee is a pretty good option if you ask me.It also means we''d have more cash in the kitty to sign a proper ballplaying midfielder with a real eye for a pass.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]WTF!?!?Snap their hand off before they relent!4 mil profit on a guy who works hard, tackles relatively well but can''t pass for toffee is a pretty good option if you ask me.It also means we''d have more cash in the kitty to sign a proper ballplaying midfielder with a real eye for a pass.[/quote]Completely agree, at £4m I''d drive him there, pay the toll on the Severn Bridge and walk back home.

Shut up Indy, he is one of our best players.

We would notice if he wasn''t in our team by a mile

[quote user="SYG"]Shut up Indy, he is one of our best players.

We would notice if he wasn''t in our team by a mile[/quote]No I won''t shut up - Who the f**k do you think you are?All Johnson is, is a midfield bruiser who''s very limited technically and has a thunderbolt strike that is on target one every 213 shots...Tettey can do everything Johnson can and more, plus he actually knows how to complete a pass most of the time (even if it is only 5 yard barbershop passes).The idea that Johnson could win POTS is a sad indictment on how we''ve played this year rather than a glowing accomplishment by a good player...

[quote user="Skerritt"]Have you seen any games. Without him our midfield would fall apart. Keep him![/quote]

He''s had a good season overall but a lot of problems occur on the left hand side of the pitch or through the midfield areas he''s supposed to be enforcing.

Where was he when Bale, McCleary and Agbonlahor went right through the middle of the park?

Like I said, he''s had a good season but he''d be the first of Howson, Tettey and himself that I''d look to replace.

Johnson has been fantastic this season but he is a very limited player and I think we could get better for less than £4m. I think £4m is a very generous price.

Johnson has been one of our best players this season - I''d be surprised to see the club let any of our starting 11 go, especially before replacements have been bought in

on the subject of Johnson (and this applies to Pilks and Snoddy too) they are good players, but there are better out there... to progress as a club we need to sign better and move the above 3 on or keep them as squad players...

So that''s why Tettey can''t get in the team anymore is it Indy, so one again shut up with your nonsense

I have to agree with SYG for once. Also i disagree with Indy as Tettey cannot pass and indeed BJ is a better distributor. If we sold BJ and just filled that gap with Tettey we would see the difference as Tettey is no where near the same standard of Johnson. Johnson has had another good consistent season for us. £4m for BJ is probably a fair price though. Although i probably wouldn''t as we are in no need to sell.

[quote user="SYG"]So that''s why Tettey can''t get in the team anymore is it Indy, so one again shut up with your nonsense[/quote]No, that''s called injuries, so go troll somewhere else.

Afraid I don''t really rate BJ either. Would be happy with £4.2m.

What I find confusing is the opinion that he offers ''consistency''. It''s one thing he doesn''t. I''ve said before that he often looks like a poor midfield clogger to me - then put in an excellent pass or tackle which makes me think he''s not so bad.

Tettey''s a much better, more consistent player in my view. He seems to have more energy pace & overall enthusiasm than Johnson. He doesn''t give the opposition any peace & harries them constantly. He can burst through into the opposition (if allowed) & has a decent shot; I seem to remember one of our early goals coming as a result of the goalie only being able to parry his attempt.

BJ''s not the worst midfielder we have, but we need better.

Wow, the insults are coming thick and fast...For whose who claim that Johnson is a better passer than Tettey, then go check out the stats here:[url]http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/168/Show/England-Norwich[/url]The short version is Tettey - 83% pass success rate, Johnson - 71.5%So what witty comeback can I expect next?

An agreed fee - suggests the deal is as good as done.  

I too would snap their hands off - BJs application has been superb this season,  but for me the quality is not what we need.  Thanks a great season BJ, enjoy the europa league.     With less than a season to go he could leave for free come Jan...

So very excited about our summer signings.

Thank you Hazza.

Indy, if he was injured why would he be on the bench?

I''m very much for everyone having their own opinion, but yours isn''t making much sense. Sorry

Absolutely bizzarre that we''ve got this through the thread without anyone pointing out Laudrup is always hailed as being the great football playing manager - the inheritor and improver of Swansea''s much loved passing style. You know - Swanselona and all that.

Why would someone like Laudrup actually want Johnson if - as some allege on here - Johnson can''t pass???????????????

Just asking.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Absolutely bizzarre that we''ve got this through the thread without anyone pointing out Laudrup is always hailed as being the great football playing manager - the inheritor and improver of Swansea''s much loved passing style. You know - Swanselona and all that. Why would someone like Laudrup actually want Johnson if - as some allege on here - Johnson can''t pass??????????????? Just asking.[/quote]

Well it''s a fair point TL and maybe Laudrup has seen some potential in BJ that we as City fans haven''t.  I''m a big fan of what BJ brings to our team defensively but I''d be the first to accept he is very limited going forward, and I''d rate Tettey as better in that respect (although his primary strengths are defensive too).

What does £4m get you nowadays in the PL though ?  Could we really get someone significantly better than BJ for £4m ?

Not convinced on this one.

[quote user="SYG"]Thank you Hazza.

Indy, if he was injured why would he be on the bench?

I''m very much for everyone having their own opinion, but yours isn''t making much sense. Sorry[/quote]He was out for over a month with a knee injury then came back and played the next 5, but was then rested against Villa as a precaution.He''s only not been on the bench 3 times outside of that injury, and only on the bench for 3 games also. Take that injury out along with missing the start of the season due to not being match fit, and he''d likely have played as many games as Johnson has - if not more.If you''re going to claim that being on the bench for a single game against Villa represents him being unable to get into the team anymore, then you really must be deluded...

Data to back up my assertions regarding injury and bench apps can also be found here:[url]http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/alexander-tettey/leistungsdaten/spieler_12384.html[/url]

That''s quite good news for me.

Nothing against BJ but with possible survival we are all dreaming about a new inventive midfield with some expansion in that area. Brighter football after all.

Tettey is more than capable of coping and £4.5m is not to be sniffed at in our quest to acquire genuine class.

Swansea need tightening up in that area. We need loosening up.

These managers know their profession.

reckon 5 million would be a fair price

i also think this shows hughtons a fkn clueless idiot whos probably going to break up the squad and fill it with brick 5h1thouse 6 foot 4 africans with limited technique but can run around a lot

1 gk 9 alex tetteys and 1 dutch man up front :/

Suprising, while I rate Johnson he is quite far down the list of our plays that I would think other teams would want. £4 million would be pretty good though... how about with Leon Britton thrown in as well!

[quote user="mendhams_rusty_shank"]i also think this shows hughtons a fkn clueless idiot whos probably going to break up the squad and fill it with brick 5h1thouse 6 foot 4 africans with limited technique but can run around a lot[/quote]You mean instead of a 6ft English brick "5h1thouse" with limited technique but can run around a lot.......