Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

The Promoted Teams.

So Hull and Cardiff are already up.Watford, Leicester, Brighton and Crystal Palace are currently fighting it out to pick third spot.Who should we be most worried about and who would you expect us to get the most points from?I''ve managed to catch a few games involving these teams over the season and must admit apart from Cardiff I don''t see the same level of threat I predicted from West Ham and Southampton this season.

I think Hull will struggle without a serious overhaul but I think Cardiff should stay up. I think/(hope Brighton will go up as I''m moving there in September) they have a good side and are in good form, but again, will need a few good signings to compete.

Should we stay up, I''d like to think we could take 3 points from all our home games against these sides and a win and a draw from the three away games. I know people will demand 6 points from all three, but realistically, these teams have to get points from somewhere, and we''re a team they''ll be looking for a win at home from.

Hull I''m not so worried about they have been playing most of the season with a team full of loanees!

Cardiff I''m more worried about! Have a good team but still I think we have better and with the signs of Ricky Van Wolfswinkel signing could have a lot better!

I hope for his sake that "Ricky" is as good as many on here seem to think, sounds like the guy is a one man team and player manager!

Vanwink wrote the following post at 11/05/2013 8:34 AM:

I hope for his sake that "Ricky" is as good as many on here seem to think, sounds like the guy is a one man team and player manager!

Your negativity is unsurpassed.

Whereas most posters on these boards support the club and the team and want to see it win and do well, you appear to want it to lose and do badly just so you can take the sanctimonious stance of "I told you so".

I am also annoyed with myself as I once gave you credit for having the guts to post under your name and stand up and be counted. You now appear gutless, hiding behind another pseudonym.

Unfortunately with the number of posts from ''new'' posters you do not seem to be alone in wanting to hide your true identity. We seem to be having a few who do not have the courage of their convictions.

Death by Chocolate Starfish wrote the following post at 11/05/2013 9:46 AM:

All three teams straight back down.

Fully agree, this is why survival this season is so important. Other seasons there has always appeared to be a ''bigger'' or ''more established'' clubs amongst the promoted teams but not so this season.

I disagree that all three will go down. Remember when we came up, and how infuriating it was for QPR, Swansea and our fans to be told by some gurgling fool that''s been brought up on Premier League football alone that we''d all go straight back down. Let''s not be that fool, it is extremely rare for all three teams to go back the way they came.

From what I understand from other threads, they''ll all be a threat as their players wouldn''t be in the Premier League if they weren''t good enough.

Apart from ours. Ours are just Championship players who got lucky for a bit but have now been found out.

Have I got that right?

I''d like to see Watford go up as they have only 14 non-loanees and a transfer embargo until August 31st. They would be certainties to be relegated !!

Yellow wall, the only reason why winky is hiding behind another account is because his main (BW) was rumbled after I print screened images of messages he sent to me announcing he was trolling.

Back on topic, I actually think that the three promoted team are the weakest in recent history. I think if we survive this season, I expect at least two of them to go down.

[quote user="Vanwink"]I hope for his sake that "Ricky" is as good as many on here seem to think, sounds like the guy is a one man team and player manager![/quote]

Much as I often disagree with Vanwink, this point is one that had occurred to me too. We are all placing a huge amount of faith and expectation in RVW, all the more so given our lack of goal scoring flair this season.

I think CH will bring in more power to the supply line, but we do need to remembern that he is young and hasn''t played in England before.

Although it is fair to say that my faith in our current manager to improve the squad is somewhat higher than Van''s it is also fair to think that we need more than just the talent we are hoping that Ricky will bring to score goals.

Back on topic - I agree Swindon - but which one will stay up? Oddly I think if Brighton make it then they wouldhavebthe best chance. Cardiff haven''t convinced anytime I''ve watched them on the telly.

i think you might have all forgotten the minor issue of increased tv revenuecardiff have plenty of money already, hull arent as hard up as you think, watford arent doing too badly eitherthe tv money is a great leveler, will be a lot of very different looking squads next season with players you would perhaps expect to see joining teams lower down the tablethe reason - because the lower clubs can now afford their wages, agents and players arent stupid, they will all be on the look out to get into teams in the premier league this summerits exactly why we cant afford to go down, if we do and even manage to come back up straight away, we will still have a big disadvantage after only one season