Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNewbee

Chelsea vs Villa - match thread

What have they done to FA Cup final day? An important game on before. Important games the day after. Harking back to the "good ol'' days" I used to enjoy this end of season spectacle. Thanks to the Bloodnoks running the show, it''s just another game.

Anyway, come on Chelsea.

villa looking good

no fear

oh attacking football how i miss thee

[quote user="whoareyou"]Lambert will do all he can to get us relegated.
[/quote]

Yup. I''ve been saying this all along. Win today and throw the game against Wigan and we could be down if we don''t win tomorrow.

"whoareyou" Lambert will do all he can to get us relegated.

Yup. I''ve been saying this all along. Win today and throw the game against Wigan and we could be down if we don''t win tomorrow.

Lambert will be doing all he can to get Villa safe, as an aside it MAY get us relegated.

[quote user="Herman "]What have they done to FA Cup final day? An important game on before. Important games the day after. Harking back to the "good ol'' days" I used to enjoy this end of season spectacle. Thanks to the Bloodnoks running the show, it''s just another game.

Anyway, come on Chelsea.[/quote]I find it amusing that the Premier League''s argument against Saturday 3pm games being screened is the "long standing tradition of football at 3pm on a Saturday."That''ll be the same Premier League who in alliance with Sky have made Sundays, Mondays and Saturday lunchtime & early evening a regular occurrence.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="whoareyou"]Lambert will do all he can to get us relegated.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes you do keep saying it but you still don''t say how Lambert can persuade his players to throw a game given that they''d all have to agree and would all face life time bans if they were caught. You also don''t say why Lerner would agree given that beating Wigan could take Villa up a few places and earn him over £1m.

Easy to say they''ll throw it but very lazy thinking and when you do bother to think about it, it''s errant nonsense.

That first half demonstrated just how slim the margins are between success & failure.

That Benteke is some player though; how ever did we keep him quiet?

Reminds me of Dean Ashton. If only ...