Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Definition of Insanity

[quote user="nutty nigel"]What about our game at home to Chelsea Indy? Why do you have to compare their game with away games at Stoke and Wigan?[/quote]Oh, you mean the game where we were 1-0 down by half time, never really looked in it, our forward line of Holt and Hoolahan didn''t even manage a shot and it took Hughton until the 80th minute to even make a sub?Or how about the away game at Chelsea where we blew the early lead within minutes and then completely capitulated?You really think that either of them were particularly much better than the Stoke or Wigan shambles, or that either showed a better performance than Villa showed today against them (that''s a rhetorical question by the way because you''d have to be deranged to think so...)

[quote user="Man Who Stares At Goats"]I was thinking that Ruddy will also be back in goal and Pilks is ready for a starting position.Overall you can point to the beginning of our slide to be around the same time Ruddy went out. Not saying that the lack of having Ruddy in the side attributes to our inability to pass the ball, but the two seem to match up.Not blaming anything on Bunn, I think overall he''s done a great job as a stand in, but I feel he''s cost us a few points as well.

[/quote]

Think this is very sensible - Ruddy brought an air of confidence to the team

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="nutty nigel"]What about our game at home to Chelsea Indy? Why do you have to compare their game with away games at Stoke and Wigan?[/quote]Oh, you mean the game where we were 1-0 down by half time, never really looked in it, our forward line of Holt and Hoolahan didn''t even manage a shot and it took Hughton until the 80th minute to even make a sub?Or how about the away game at Chelsea where we blew the early lead within minutes and then completely capitulated?You really think that either of them were particularly much better than the Stoke or Wigan shambles, or that either showed a better performance than Villa showed today against them (that''s a rhetorical question by the way because you''d have to be deranged to think so...)[/quote]

Well yes I did think it was as good a performance as Villas today. I guess I must be deranged or perhaps you didn''t see both games? I also think our performance at Stamford Bridge was better than Villas. If you don''t agree with me then you must be deranged....

What a tossa!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well yes I did think it was as good a performance as Villas today. I guess I must be deranged or perhaps you didn''t see both games? I also think our performance at Stamford Bridge was better than Villas.[/quote]First to clarify - yes, I watched both games.In regards to yesterday''s Villa vs Chelsea match compared to our own home fixture against them, comparatively Villa had more possession, more shots, more corners, a better pass completion rate and not only did they score - they actually looked like doing it all game long. What did we do better? I think we were slightly better in the air than they were and that''s about it...Chelsea were somewhat lucky to get the winner when they did today, whereas outside of the first 10 minutes against them at the bridge, they never even looked worried about us and proceeded to make us look fairly poor in both games.

The Villa performance today was better than either of our games against Chelsea this season, but I''m also honest enough to mention that their 8-0 drubbing against Chelsea at the bridge was worse than any of our results this year as well (although Stoke and Wigan run it pretty close).

[quote]What a tossa![/quote]

I''m not even going to justify that with a retort...