Sign in to follow this  
jb

Ruddy back on Sunday

Thats excellent news jb, a shocking decision by Hughton not to play him against Villa which could well have cost us a point.

I''m sure there were several papers suggesting he would play last weekend, too

Just playing Devil''s advocate here, but would you all have reacted philosophically if Ruddy had played last week and let in one or more soft goals? How are we more fit than the NCFC coaching staff to ascertain whether he is fit to play or not? They scrutinise him every day in training and maybe they feel he was not performing adequately enough to risk a place in a crucial match.

I would love to see him back between the sticks, as I rate him more highly than Bunn, but he is only better than the latter when firing on all cylinders.

And as we have Englands goalkeeping coach on our books, I would rather trust his judement whether Ruddy is ready or not than peoples on here....

No offence

Having Ruddy back would be a huge boost.  He is our best keeper by some distance. If he''s ready, he should play.However, if our defensive play is poor there''s only so much any keeper can do other than keep the score down.  Bunn has had to scream at our midfield plenty of times for standing around like statues while the opposition have lined up shots from the edge of the area. Incidentally, I wasn''t aware it was Paul Scholes hacking into his knee that ultimately led to his injury. Bloody Scholes. Dirty git that never could tackle.

I''d have liked to have seen him back sooner, but if the manager, together with England''s g/k coach, didn''t think he was ready yet then we have to back that: they are far closer to things than any of us on here.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''ve been calling for this for weeks. He will be the difference on Sunday.

Bunn is good, but Ruddy is immense.[/quote]

Truth

Bloody ginger-boy Scholes with his dirty tricks leading to his injury

Would have gotten us many more points if he stayed injury-free but alas that is the nature of the beast. Just hope his absence doesn''t cost us ultimately (plus other things obviously). Hope he''s back on Sunday and WBA have less chance of that cheating c*ap they did at their place on ALL the corners (one of them leading to the first goal)

And as we have Englands goalkeeping coach on our books, I would rather trust his judement whether Ruddy is ready or not than peoples on here....

No offence

+++++++++++

that, minus the "no offence"

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]GET IN!!

Ruddy Ruddy Ruddy!![/quote]

We don''t know this for sure mate. I just hope it''s true

That article confirms (sort of) what I''ve thought since Ruddy''s been out. The injury Ruddy picked up from that dirty Scholes challenge caused weakness that led to the thigh muscle tear the following week. Hughton should never have played Ruddy against Everton and the guilt of that may be weighing on his mind when it comes to selecting the keeper.CH: "We''ve missed John Ruddy but I don''t want to underestimate

what Mark Bunn has done. He''s been a great signing for us." That''s what Hugton said at the press conference today which sounds a lot like what he said last week so I think we might not be seeing Ruddy again this season.

Did I forget to mention the manager? nope? didn''t think so.

A manager isn''t likely to over-ride one of his coaches on a subject like this. if one man could do everything and make all the decisions, we would have a manager, and that is it, no one else in the back room, no physios, no coaches, no scouts, nadda.

they call it a team game for a reason, and not just for the people out on the pitch. everyone and everything within the organization is part of the same team, and decisions are made as such. I really don''t think that is such a hard concept to grasp as it is the same at any top level club.

Why do you say one of his coaches advised against Ruddy playing?

You mean the England goalkeeper coach advised Mr Hughton that Ruddy wasn''t ready to play last Saturday, is that what you are saying Javier?

Obviously the manager has the final say, presumably after listening to his supporting staff. I guess it is just as obvious that Hughton thought it would be best if ultimately his decision was based on who he thought would concede the most goals and went for that one. He would have done this because he wasn''t bothered about losing v Villa. He wouldn''t be motivated by having a good result, by easing his relegation worries or pleasing us fans by easing our worries. FFS.

I really would love to know how some of our fans can predict what results would''ve been if different players had played or different managers had been in charge.

Also, did I not read that Bunn had a better goals against ratio than Ruddy this season? Not that I''m actually comparing their abilities or who overall is the best keeper - just saying.