Sign in to follow this  
super canary

match thread-city v wba

You haven''t written ''Official'' or ''Unofficial'' or even my favourite ''official unofficial'' match thread in the title. Not sure we can use this thread now...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You haven''t written ''Official'' or ''Unofficial'' or even my favourite ''official unofficial'' match thread in the title. Not sure we can use this thread now...[/quote]
Haha, i wasn''t going to comment on this thread for that very reason!

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Gingerpele"]You haven''t written ''Official'' or ''Unofficial'' or even my favourite ''official unofficial'' match thread in the title. Not sure we can use this thread now...[/quote]
[/quote]Your avatar reminds me that my 2yo son''s currently "potty training" and so far this weekend he has wee''d into a plastic "Builder"''s hat, a pair of my shoes and a plastic cup.  I suppose it''s good practice for those away trips when the coach breaks down.Anyway, happy with the team and the setup, we know what to expect and just need to execute it.  I like Johnson holding, Wes roving and Howson getting up and down to support either, looks a good balance on paper.Howson needs a big game today.

Hopefully Hughton noticed Howson getting forward and linking up with Hoolahan works very well. Stick Holt in the box and let those two work the ball around, get it to Holt, score. Job done. Simple. Not like WBA have defenders or anything to worry about ;)

Anyone worried about Long and Lukaku? Bassong hasn''t looked fully fit for a few weeks, he often looks like his legs don''t work during a game but when action is required he normally steps up, but recently he''s been a bit shaky and basically limped off at the end (looked more injured than Turner in the game he went off injured). Lukaku likes to put himself about, like Benteke should have done last week. If Lukaku has a good game, they could score 2 or 3 quite easily, unless big John steps up!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Hopefully Hughton noticed Howson getting forward and linking up with Hoolahan works very well. Stick Holt in the box and let those two work the ball around, get it to Holt, score. Job done. Simple. Not like WBA have defenders or anything to worry about ;)

Anyone worried about Long and Lukaku? Bassong hasn''t looked fully fit for a few weeks, he often looks like his legs don''t work during a game but when action is required he normally steps up, but recently he''s been a bit shaky and basically limped off at the end (looked more injured than Turner in the game he went off injured). Lukaku likes to put himself about, like Benteke should have done last week. If Lukaku has a good game, they could score 2 or 3 quite easily, unless big John steps up![/quote]

Bass has the most blocks by any defender in the prem this season. stat.

Long usually does okay against us, and Lukaku is big and physical, so hopefully Bassong will take Lukaku and Bennett will pick up Long.  Wouldn''t fancy Bennett against Lukaku if isolated.

Yeah he''s been immense, he just has quite noticeably not looked fully fit. And two physical strikers in Long and Lukaku will take advantage of that. They''ll probably just ignore Ryan Bennett and let him stroll about as he doesn''t have the positional discipline of Turner.

I''ve got mixed feelings about Ruddy being back in goal. There''s no doubt that, although Bunn has done well, we''ve missed Ruddy. But I''m nervous about a keeper who''s not played for almost 6 months coming in for such an important game. Hope I''m wrong...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Gingerpele"]You haven''t written ''Official'' or ''Unofficial'' or even my favourite ''official unofficial'' match thread in the title. Not sure we can use this thread now...[/quote]
[/quote]Your avatar reminds me that my 2yo son''s currently "potty training" and so far this weekend he has wee''d into a plastic "Builder"''s hat, a pair of my shoes and a plastic cup.  I suppose it''s good practice for those away trips when the coach breaks down.Anyway, happy with the team and the setup, we know what to expect and just need to execute it.  I like Johnson holding, Wes roving and Howson getting up and down to support either, looks a good balance on paper.Howson needs a big game today.

[/quote]
All you have to do Chops is put an Ipswich badge in the potty for him, teach your son to go potty and build that hatred up for Ipswich at the same time, should make for some interesting drives through scumville too!
I imagine all of our play will go down the wings, need some good support from the CMs and some good quality crosses in today.

Think Ruddy will be fresh and ready to go. GKs don''t need match fitness in quite the same way as outfield players. Worry will be late on, if Ruddy is starting to feel the pinch and we were in the lead and WBA put the pressure on.

[quote user="tele"]I''ve got mixed feelings about Ruddy being back in goal. There''s no doubt that, although Bunn has done well, we''ve missed Ruddy. But I''m nervous about a keeper who''s not played for almost 6 months coming in for such an important game. Hope I''m wrong...[/quote]
That''s how i felt before the Villa game, but in hindsight, thing it was a mistake not starting him. Has to get thrown back in at some point and he''s been fit for over a month now.

Odemthingie to come on as sub and score winner for them in last minute, anyone?Sods law and all that - he is busting a gut to prove a point.

Great cross from Snoddy when he could have gone down for a pen and the commentator is saying he was too honest...what a joke.

Would have been nice for Ruddy to get a nice easy early save to make. But unless I missed it, hasn''t happened.

And yeah, Snod could have gone down...

He probably thought he could so something better with the ball, which is odd, because his main decent input this season has been winning set pieces, followed by the occasional good FK.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Why didn''t snoddy go down?![/quote]Integrity, which is odd considering some of the theatrical dives he''s managed over the season...

ve started pretty well - lets keep pressing and a high tempo...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Anyone else feel sick in the pit of their stomach?[+o(]

[/quote]yeah - horrible!How can anyoe enjoy this match!