Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Hoot's tactics responsible for my goal drought.

How could anyone hate Grant ???

I border on Hate towards hughton, but not Mr Holt.

I think most fans have seen that Hughtons brand of dross doesnt suit the team at all, let alone Grant Holt.

The guy will always be a hero in my eyes !!

He said: “*A few snippets of the training ground, at home and stuff. Maybe this will make a few people not hate me as much!”

Saddest comment on there by far.

Agree....no way should Holty be critisized for not scoring.....he has to be on the pitch to do that and Hughton simply hasn''t got a clue. Even if we stay up a change of manager is required. I don''t really understand how a team can go backwards this much in 6 months!

Of course it''s Hughtons fault! Everyone can see that I don''t understand why he gets so much stick, no other striker in the league with the exception of perhaps Suarez or RVP would have scored even 10 goals in this team this year!

The football is so ineffective and unwatchable that we''ve become so jaded we''ve turned on a club legend and one of the best strikers in our history, it''s so sad, I can''t wait for this season to be over and Hughton and his team to be gone!

I do blame the tactics and a slightly lower quality in final ball (its not that bad, the stats backed that up a few weeks ago, although some people such as Grant Holt''s 3 year contract go on about it as if we are completely useless in midfield, when in fact crosses, passing etc was down like 2%ish).

But while I love Holty, you do have to question him failing to get into the right area of the box. Sometimes its the crossers fault, Garrido seems to love aiming for Snodgrass rather than Holt. But when Holt actually is in the danger area when a ball is put in, he''s still very lethal.

Holt is right from his perspective, and there have clearly been times when his frustration was high, - some of the silly fouls, for example.

He has had difficulties in the single striker role, even if he had Wes or someone else in close attendance. He has been a striker confronted by two burly CDs who, by now, have worked out how to deal with him. Little wonder that he has often been forced wide.

But one thing suggests that this is not the whole story. His rate of conversion of chances is low. He misses one or two chances most matches, it''s probably approaching 6 goals from 40 chances now, which is low for the main striker.

[quote user="the1englishman"]How could anyone hate Grant ???

I border on Hate towards hughton, but not Mr Holt.

I think most fans have seen that Hughtons brand of dross doesnt suit the team at all, let alone Grant Holt.

The guy will always be a hero in my eyes !![/quote]

I agree but there it is. The level of hate for Holt on this board disgusts me and I''ve commented several times. All the "Get rid of the fat useless lump" posters are beneath contempt.

It is not that he plays particularly well or cannot be criticised. I do not complain about criticism. It''s the hate and abuse. This man is one of our all time greats. Even so, just as a human being he deserves more respect that he has been shown on here recently.

He''s says that he has scored fewer goals due to Hughton''s defensive tactics. That''s what most of us have been saying all season, so hardly mind-blowing exposee. He also says he will be back for pre-season so it looks as if our talisman is staying.

It''s ironic that many people have been calling out for better service to Grant with better crosses and we started today''s excellent result with a superb cross from the right ........... from Grant Holt!