Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

What's the odds on a "Green commits city future" statement v.soon

With so many options dissapearing, and Greeno''s agent starting to look desperate, what are the chances of a Green statement along the lines of:

"I would like to commit myself to the club I have played for and loved since i was a small boy. It was never an intention to leave the club, and i am thoroughly happy to be starting the season at Norwich"

(ie, no-one made a bid)

I can''t see how Green is not getting the grief other players do. It is very hard for a keeper'' to appear as he is not playing to his best effort, but I would say i have been dissapointed with Green this year. He, in my opinion, has had few good games, and if England had no other decent keepers'', he would not have played for the country.

I think he needs to commit to the club, and work seriously hard on his game over the summer.

Green may be a class keeper but the simple fact is that he let in more goals than any other goalkeeper in the league last season. Doubt anyones really willing to take that chance

He certainly seems to be leaning towards making a statement like you said with his quote today "You shouldn''t believe everything you read in the papers"His possible moves are being crossed off day by day.

I think he was unfortunate not to play very well last season. He didn''t look good on crosses, made a couple of blunders and generally looked like he wasn''t 100% focussed on the job in hand.

However, he is no Francis, as he has done a HELL of a lot for us in the past and Francis hasn''t.

You could also say that he was unfortunate in that he was the worst goalkeeper in the league. Lie the stats do not. Say it was the defence you could. His fault it is not that so many goals we did concede. Defence the problem was. England keeper of goal he now is. Wanted by premiership teams he is not.

Sorry. Stuck I did get talking like Yoda I was. Appologise I must.

No matter what - he will be a key player for us if he stays and I really hope he does.

what do you make of this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/4085578.stm

Norwich goalkeeper Robert Green distanced himself from speculation that he is set to leave the Canaries following their relegation.

The highly-rated Green, 25, has just returned from the United States, where he won his first England cap.

He told the Canaries'' website: "There''s been a lot going on and a lot has been said, but not a lot of it by me.

"There are articles written every day but I haven''t actually spoken to any newspaper for about three weeks."

With Greeno in goal, Hucks in midfield and Ashton up front, we have more class players than the rest of the Champ teams combined.

Bring on the new season....

[quote]what do you make of this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/4085578.stm Norwich goalkeeper Robert Green distanced himself from speculation that he is set to leave the Canar...[/quote]

If this the case, and he didn''t tell the EDP that he may have to go elsewhere, then of course I''d be delighted.

Who wouldn''t?.