Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

I didn't realise West Brom was such a formidable team.....

[quote user="morty"]

Sorry Rudolph I have no interest in what the West Brom manager has to say in his press conferences, he isn''t our manager.

I suspect Adolph Hitler could do a better presser than Hughton in your eyes it seems.

[/quote]

He certainly didn''t "big up" ze opposition....

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="morty"]

Sorry Rudolph I have no interest in what the West Brom manager has to say in his press conferences, he isn''t our manager.

I suspect Adolph Hitler could do a better presser than Hughton in your eyes it seems.

[/quote]

He certainly didn''t "big up" ze opposition....[/quote]To Quote Clarke.

''And Clarke admits it is a surprise to see the Norfolk outfit down at the wrong end of the table.

“I’m a little bit surprised they are where they are,”

“I thought when they came here they were a good team.''Damn that Steve Clarke bigging up another team, I''m sure their supporters are outraged now.

Rudolph. Can you please find me a selection of quotes from all the other Premiership teams'' local papers where the manager is putting down the quality of the opposition and bigging up their own players? You do compare like with like when making levelling these accusations, right?

Because most managers are going to look a little stupid if they predict to all and sundry that their team should win comfortably because the opposition are no great shakes and then proceed to get soundly beaten, wouldn''t you say?

[quote user="ImDrunky"][quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

He certainly didn''t "big up" ze opposition....[/quote]To Quote Clarke.

''And Clarke admits it is a surprise to see the Norfolk outfit down at the wrong end of the table.

“I’m a little bit surprised they are where they are,”

“I thought when they came here they were a good team.''Damn that Steve Clarke bigging up another team, I''m sure their supporters are outraged now. [/quote]Didn''t mean to quote/reply to you, my mistake.

[quote user="mendhams_rusty_shank"]lmao @all of you gibbering on about it being psychologyhughton has done this all season, and, with the league table and our results as our guide, it CLEARLY DOESNT F''KING WORK DOES ITirrespective of what he tells the players he needs to stop brown nosing every other team, its embarrassing

[/quote]

If Martinez used the opposite psychology to CH for his team before every game this season as one poster implied, remind me of their league position today

What''s so incorrect about that statement. They are in a far superior position to ours and have a much better squad. This game is more of a test than the Villa game which is why I''d be happy with a draw.

Just looked at this thread for the first time and can only conclude that some of you are deluded.   What ever he says or does he won''t be good enough for some of you.  Coming up to the biggest match of the season and still nit picking about a few well rehearsed lines from a football manager to some hacks.    Words will be twisted by any press man - so managers have a stock technique for showing respect without laying themselves open to having their words misconstrued.    

But that is not good enough for us apparently.  Some of our fans have it in for CH and have since the day he got here.  I''d love to know why.  I somehow think that some of you don''t like him because of who he is rather than anything to do with football.    Because if it was to do with football you might understand a bit more about what he is trying to do - build a team - the pressure he is under to achieve that within the framework of the most difficult league in the world and on limited finances in comparison to other clubs.  Where is the give and take?  Where is the understanding that it might take him more than one season to achieve his aims for our club?   Where is the appreciation that the defence is developing well and that work needs to be done in midfield and further forward - and that it will take time.   Where is the appreciation of the knowledge that everwhere he has been involved with as manager and coach  has seen him with a team that plays attractive football - and that maybe that is what he might just want for us too - except that it is going to take time to achieve it.  

In short, where are you when it counts?   Stuck in your own little world where you are still smarting because things aren''t going as well as you would like.  Well welcome to the real world.   Now stop belly aching over nothing and get behind the team and manager - like the majority of fans will.  

You can criticise the football, but please, running down someone because of the way he speaks and what he says to journalists?  That shows you have really lost the plot.    Nutty had it right when he said quite recently, that if you went to see Hughton in front of the fans answering questions, he is honest, gives straight answers and shows respect to everyone - everyone!    Its a shame that some of you will just try to find anything to run him down with.   I hope we win today - if we do I hope some of you will think again about the bigger picture and try to show a little more understanding of things.    Where we stand at this moment in time is one win from 12th place in the league.     So get real!!    

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Read what the WBA manager had to say about us then compare it to Hughtons comments about them and you have your answer.[/quote]You mean things like this:[quote user="Steve Clarke"]“Wigan losing in midweek has released a little bit of pressure on some of the teams – but Norwich are not one of those teams.

They are still under pressure and certainly need to get something from the game at the weekend.

We can go there with the freedom to play.They’ll look at the game at the weekend as a cup final, and their

chance to get the one or three points that would probably secure their

status for next season.”[/quote]Yes, really ''bigging'' us up there isn''t he...

[quote user="morty"]What do you expect the manager to say? "Yeah this lot are bobbins and we''ll beat them easy"?[/quote]Hahahaha, now THAT would really be a gutsy pre-match statement [:D]

[quote user="ron obvious"]Is it my imagination, or was not Lambert being continually criticised for saying how great other clubs were? Didn''t he used to say things like: "getting a result against them was fantastic, ''coz they''re a big, big club". Anybody else remember?[/quote]

Ah but at least he said it AFTER the game

Quite honestly i couldnt care less about what he says before the match, its the performance on the pitch that counts. 2 wins in half a season is a record that should be seeing you shown the door. If the performance is the same slow drab crap thats being served up week after week again today in what is a must win match, then i will happily be calling for the sacking of this clown, He is not a premiere league manager and his football philosophy is outdated by at least 20 years.

The problem here is that some posters just cannot seem to get over the fact that Lambert is no longer the manager of Norwich City FC, he showed great respect to the players and supporters of Norwich City by walking out on them to take on the role of a much bigger club (Aston Villa), much in the same way as he walked out on Colchester to join Norwich City.

My feeling is that upward surge under Lambert has led to over inflated expectations in some sections of the Norwich City support, the truth is that we are still punching way above our weight, what this season has shown me is the lack of depth in quality of our squad as evidenced by our dip in form as a result of a string of injuries to key players,

Personally I am not at all bothered about the pre match comments made by Chris Hughton, he is just playing the media game, in my opinion the worst thing a manager can do is giving the opposition manager something to "bite on" to motivate his team.

We have spent very little this season, have a look at how much a team such as Stoke has spent, it shows you how much dosh has to be spent to just stay in this league, if we survive it will be a good achievment, we can all speculate how the season would have panned out if Lambert had stayed, but it would just be that, speculation and opinion, the fact is Lambert is no longer manager of Norwich City FC and some supporters need to get over that fact and move on..... 

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]what this season has shown me is the lack of depth in quality of our squad as evidenced by our dip in form as a result of a string of injuries to key players[/quote]Not for me.What this season has shown is that Hughton doesn''t know how to get the best out of the players he has available, to the point of completely marginalising players like Fox and Tierney (and Becchio for that matter who we only signed in Jan on the back of 19 goals already that season in the championship), playing overly defensive formations and restricting attacking play, and failing to make positive changes at appropriate times.Ruddy has been the main blow from an injury perspective (Bunn has covered pretty well though), and although knocks to Pilks and Tettey haven''t helped along the way, it''s hardly been an injury crisis, with many players not getting game time simply because Hughton hasn''t rotated our players even when some of them have been on dreadful form...

I can think of at least 3 games straight off the bat where Ruddy''s presence and form alone would have got extra points (WBA, Villa, Man City)

Those 3 games alone would bring a position of between 8th-12th with the extra points. Even with CH''s so-called dire tactics etc.

Let''s just hope Ruddy is in today and everyone is well on it. The disappointing thing for me has been the away form where we have become more and more defensive as we''ve become more desperate for points. It''s all about this last home game for me. Positive atmosphere and positive approach by the team

"Mister Chops""RUDOLPH HUCKER"But then I read Hughton''s assessment.

In summary, they have quality, we have effort.

What a plank!

That truce isn''t really working out, is it?

Hmmm, and to break the truce on the eve of a massive game.

Rudolph Hucker. Walter Kant!

[quote user="Herman "]"Mister Chops""RUDOLPH HUCKER"But then I read Hughton''s assessment.

In summary, they have quality, we have effort.

What a plank!

That truce isn''t really working out, is it?

Hmmm, and to break the truce on the eve of a massive game.

Rudolph Hucker. Walter Kant![/quote]

I think the truce was an attempt to stop all the counter arguments against the Hughton bashers.   They couldn''t take all the common sense that was  coming back at them - and probably deep down know that actually, the many people standing up for CH might actually be right.[:S]

To be perfectly honest LDC I do see where some of these posters are coming from and I am not 100% happy with what is going on at City, and there isn''t many a fan that is, but I can''t see what this type of anti-Hughton rant is supposed to achieve.

Poor timing, poor thread.

[quote user="Herman "]To be perfectly honest LDC I do see where some of these posters are coming from and I am not 100% happy with what is going on at City, and there isn''t many a fan that is, but I can''t see what this type of anti-Hughton rant is supposed to achieve.

Poor timing, poor thread.[/quote]

Agreed, especially your last sentence.

Frankly Herman this seems to be about the mental fragility of some fans. They want to read the managers words and have an arm put round them and be told "Everything is going to be alright"

I seriously wonder how some of them get through their day.

Herman wrote - "To be perfectly honest LDC I do see where some of these posters are coming from and I am not 100% happy with what is going on at City, and there isn''t many a fan that is, but I can''t see what this type of anti-Hughton rant is supposed to achieve.

Poor timing, poor thread."

The thread was started by Rudolph Hucker, the Lord Haw Haw of the pink''un forums. At least this season he is brave enough to slate the Club with his "real" username instead of hiding behind a pseudonym as he has done in the past.

[quote user="Herman "]To be perfectly honest LDC I do see where some of these posters are coming from and I am not 100% happy with what is going on at City, and there isn''t many a fan that is, but I can''t see what this type of anti-Hughton rant is supposed to achieve.

Poor timing, poor thread.[/quote]I agree with every word.Now, unfortunately, here''s how I feel about playing West Brom today.

I am watching Sky Sports News.

Rednapp says Newcastle are a good team and won''t go down.

Pardew says QPR are dangerous and playing for pride.

DiCanio praises Southampton.

Pulis praises Tottenham.

Boo hiss!!!

Traitors, muppets, idiots!

Sack them all. Now!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I am watching Sky Sports News.

Pulis praises Tottenham.

Boo hiss!!!

Sack them all. Now![/quote]

Exactly what I said, the Hughton bashers a lot of the time don''t use common sense and their arguments are based around ridiculous things. Hughton has got to the point where whatever he says will be scrutinized.

People need to get over the fact Lambert has gone. Lambert isn''t a footballing genius, he''s inherited a squad which cost over 160m to build over the last few years and currently sits 2 points above our 20m squad.....

Well said Ellis, but the bashers seem to forget what Lambert said before every match (whoever we were playing): ''they''re a really tough side with quality players and it''s going to be a really tough game''.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Read what the WBA manager had to say about us then compare it to Hughtons comments about them and you have your answer.[/quote]You mean things like this:[quote user="Steve Clarke"]“Wigan losing in midweek has released a little bit of pressure on some of the teams – but Norwich are not one of those teams.

They are still under pressure and certainly need to get something from the game at the weekend.

We can go there with the freedom to play.They’ll look at the game at the weekend as a cup final, and their

chance to get the one or three points that would probably secure their

status for next season.”[/quote]Yes, really ''bigging'' us up there isn''t he...[/quote]You obviously didn''t read all of the statement, just what you wanted to hear.To be honest, I can understand peoples disappointment with us not playing so well and fighting in a relegation battle, but I find people moaning about a manager saying nice things about other clubs a bit petty.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I am watching Sky Sports News.

Pulis praises Tottenham.

Boo hiss!!!

Sack them all. Now![/quote]

Exactly what I said, the Hughton bashers a lot of the time don''t use common sense and their arguments are based around ridiculous things. Hughton has got to the point where whatever he says will be scrutinized.

People need to get over the fact Lambert has gone. Lambert isn''t a footballing genius, he''s inherited a squad which cost over 160m to build over the last few years and currently sits 2 points above our 20m squad.....[/quote]

You''re not Doug Ellis by any chance are you?...

[quote user="ellis206"]This stinks of people finding things to have a good old moan about. Lambert "bigged" up the opposition every week, every f*****g manager does it, read Steve Clarkes pre match interview and he bigs us up. I actually think some of you are either very stupid or spoilt brats.[/quote]

either?