Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

I didn't realise West Brom was such a formidable team.....

I suppose he could say how crap West Brom are and motivate them before the game. But honestly, people shouldn''t take what he says to the press so seriously, he could be saying the complete opposite to the players on the training ground for all we know. Also it''s nothing new for manager praising the other teams.

The thing is Rude, you''ve hit nail on head re the respect he has for our club. I do get that feeling our club is beneath him and to start at that point when appointed gave him little chance to succeed. Now that''s negative psychology!

It is usual for managers to say some positive things about the opposition but this is stated in a ''throw away'' manner and is immediately followed by very positive opinions on his own team. This Hughton fails to do at media interviews.

It is no coincidence that teams reflect the persona of the manager and our club unfortunately is a good example.

Of course we all want us to win tomorrow, in fact we are desperate to win and if we do then I trust McNally and the board make the right decision for next season. They are more qualified than us to do so.

Finally, I know for a fact people have contacted McNally via Twitter expressing remarks similar to this thread. They do not get reply which is fair enough!!

lmao @all of you gibbering on about it being psychologyhughton has done this all season, and, with the league table and our results as our guide, it CLEARLY DOESNT F''KING WORK DOES ITirrespective of what he tells the players he needs to stop brown nosing every other team, its embarrassing

You ALL have got it wrong.

Look at the results, he has been telling the truth the whole season, because just about every team has been better than us.

Unfortunatly, thats not because we have bad players, its because we have a complete tit of a manager.

Man i will be glad when this tool leaves the club and takes his brand of football with him.

And to the planks that still support this fool, get real !

He has done NOTHING for our club but drag it, the players and the fans down.

You ALL have got it wrong.

Look at the results, he has been telling the truth the whole season, because just about every team has been better than us.

Can''t argue with that statement Englishman

This stinks of people finding things to have a good old moan about.

Lambert "bigged" up the opposition every week, every f*****g manager does it, read Steve Clarkes pre match interview and he bigs us up.

I actually think some of you are either very stupid or spoilt brats.

Is it my imagination, or was not Lambert being continually criticised for saying how great other clubs were?

Didn''t he used to say things like: "getting a result against them was fantastic, ''coz they''re a big, big club".

Anybody else remember?

[quote user="canarygirl"]You ALL have got it wrong.

Can''t argue with that statement Englishman[/quote]

You can, because it is factually incorrect.

"I actually think some of you are either very stupid or spoilt brats"

I can see there is an argument where you may say "very stupid" but not so sure where the "spoilt brats" bit comes from?

[quote user="ron obvious"]Is it my imagination, or was not Lambert being continually criticised for saying how great other clubs were?

Didn''t he used to say things like: "getting a result against them was fantastic, ''coz they''re a big, big club".

Anybody else remember?[/quote]

Don''t be silly, the Hughton haters have a selective memory. They are ignorant to the fact every manager praises the opposition, its called being courteous

[quote user="canarygirl"]"I actually think some of you are either very stupid or spoilt brats"

I can see there is an argument where you may say "very stupid" but not so sure where the "spoilt brats" bit comes from?[/quote]

When things don''t go their way they throw hissy fits

[quote user="Crystal Canary"][quote user="canarygirl"]You ALL have got it wrong.

Can''t argue with that statement Englishman[/quote]

You can, because it is factually incorrect.[/quote]

I stand corrected crystal, and welcome to the board, it is only 15 teams out of the 20 as as things stand. Would you say that is stretching " just about every team" possibly!

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="canarygirl"]"I actually think some of you are either very stupid or spoilt brats"

I can see there is an argument where you may say "very stupid" but not so sure where the "spoilt brats" bit comes from?[/quote]

When things don''t go their way they throw hissy fits[/quote]

OK

[quote user="canarygirl"]I stand corrected crystal, and welcome to the board, it is only 15 teams out of the 20 as as things stand. Would you say that is stretching " just about every team" possibly![/quote]

Thank you for your warm welcome, canarygirl.

It depends by what metric you''re using. We''ve only lost 14 games out of 36 this season. Wouldn''t this suggest that we''ve bettered or at least matched the opposition more times than not this season?

Lambert used to say things like, ''thus is all new to us'' and ''look where we''ve come from'' which took the pressure off his players and made them feel like over achieving.

Have any of you ever been to a gym and tried doing sets in a negative mindset as opposed to a positive? Psychology is vital in sport. If it wasn''t then Man City would have won the cup.

I remember criticising Lambert twice. Once was when we lost at Doncaster with poor preparation which he admitted to and the second was when he overdid the Martin O Neil mentor thing and we played crap at Sunderland.

Part of beating another side is how you praise the beforehand, it''s mind games. It isn''t meant to be a sincere and obsequious eulogy.

And can anyone quote any positive remarks, or any remarks at all that players have made this season about the management?

You usually get the ''pleased for he gaffer'' stuff but I can''t personally recall anything.

Here''s Mark Bunn praising Chris Hughton:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/mark_bunn_sings_the_praises_of_norwich_boss_chris_hughton_1_1751295

I seriously think a whole lot of you need prozac. What do you expect the manager to say? "Yeah this lot are bobbins and we''ll beat them easy"?

He is doing nothing different to what any other manager does in pre match press conferences, its just that some of you are so fixated with it, and are so negatively biased towards him that its an issue.

Its just blurb for the press and bears no resemblance to what he says to the team, seriously, isn''t that obvious?

Lambert did it every game, I remember him saying how fantastic Ipswich were under Jewell and how tough the match was going to be, also remember him saying how he''d tell the players "if you can''t win the game, make sure you don''t lose it", Jesus imagine Hughton said that in public, would be a meltdown on here

“We need a big ­performance and we want the players to be positive when they go out. We have two of the ­biggest scalps in the league and all those positive moments will come into our thinking.

“We will be reminding the players of what they have achieved and the good things they have done this season.”

I thought Chris Hughton didn''t respect his players?

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]

“We need a big ­performance and we want the players to be positive when they go out. We have two of the ­biggest scalps in the league and all those positive moments will come into our thinking.

“We will be reminding the players of what they have achieved and the good things they have done this season.”

I thought Chris Hughton didn''t respect his players?[/quote]

Oh dear people are looking round for any stick to beat him with. While the football has been dire his press conferences have been a vast improvement on Lamberts boorish ''stop wasting my time'' efforts. I wonder who is showing more respect to the club and its supporters?

Ah so now Bunn is getting stick for what he says in the press?

Seriously Rudolph, you need help...

Sorry Rudolph I have no interest in what the West Brom manager has to say in his press conferences, he isn''t our manager.

I suspect Adolph Hitler could do a better presser than Hughton in your eyes it seems.