Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

I didn't realise West Brom was such a formidable team.....

I was totally depressed by five past seven this morning when I saw the EDP fly sheet outside my local shop ''Hughton Issues West Brom Warning''. What a plonker.

Presumably, there''s a more inspirational speech reserved for the changing room including the words: opposition half, attack, shoot, goal, belief, go for the win, plan B, plan C, substitutions, tactics.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]But then I read Hughton''s assessment.

In summary, they have quality, we have effort.

What a plank![/quote]That truce isn''t really working out, is it?

"Irrespective of any opinions from anyone else we try and win every game.

We know you can’t go gung ho and win, but you have to have a strategy

and it has been more difficult since that good run to get those balances

right."  Chris Hughton, 11th May 2013Hmmm.

Just cannot believe that on the eve of a very big match he mainly goes on about the strength and quality of the opposition. Whilst he comes over as being articulate I tend to think any comments regarding his team are fairly meaningless. I have come to the conclusion he continually praises our opponents to suggest they are so good merely to save him mentioning that he and his coaches have failed miserably to move us on. OK lets hope we scrape a win tomorrow, but I would still want to replace him at the season end as I just cannot see him making any improvement next season.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]"Irrespective of any opinions from anyone else we try and win every game.

We know you can’t go gung ho and win, but you have to have a strategy

and it has been more difficult since that good run to get those balances

right."  Chris Hughton, 11th May 2013Hmmm.[/quote]

Since the good run we have got 12 points from 17 premier league games,having won only 2, so if we have been trying to win all those games the record is not too good !

Is it any wonder why the players feel inferior and don''t perform when they are constantly being put down by the Manager.

For Gawds sake, not again, what a jerk this bloke is.[:S]

I believe it''s actually worse than this because I suspect Hughton feels the same way about my Club.

I accept he''ll ''always been Spurs'' but I don''t feel he respects Norwich City as a top club as, for example, Martinez does with Wigan.

Lambert was right when he said it was all about the supporters and the players. I believe we have a very good bond with our players and it is galling that he doesn''t show them the kind of respect we do.

Most of the players aren''t good enough for him and neither I believe are the supporters or the Club.

He''s a coach who got a chance when a manager got sacked, a Johnny come lately manager who won''t be a manager as long as his @rse points downwards.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I believe it''s actually worse than this because I suspect Hughton feels the same way about my Club.

I accept he''ll ''always been Spurs'' but I don''t feel he respects Norwich City as a top club as, for example, Martinez does with Wigan.

Lambert was right when he said it was all about the supporters and the players. I believe we have a very good bond with our players and it is galling that he doesn''t show them the kind of respect we do.

Most of the players aren''t good enough for him and neither I believe are the supporters or the Club.

He''s a coach who got a chance when a manager got sacked, a Johnny come lately manager who won''t be a manager as long as his @rse points downwards.[/quote]Hmm. I''m certainly not the biggest Hughton fanBut I think it''s a bit of a leap to say he doesn''t respect the players, supporters or the club.I just think he''s too nice. I picture half time team talks being him handing out tea and coffee with a couple of scones.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I believe it''s actually worse than this because I suspect Hughton feels the same way about my Club.

He''s a coach who got a chance when a manager got sacked, a Johnny come lately manager who won''t be a manager as long as his @rse points downwards.[/quote]Wow that came right from the pit didn''t it RH.

I like to believe that whilst he is calm, articulate and respectful in front of the press, in the dressing room, he leads his charges out in a wild frenzy screaming ''Lets f*ck them up!!!!!!!''

If only...

"I picture him at half time handing out tea and coffee with a couple of scones"

Brilliant Reading

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]I like to believe that whilst he is calm, articulate and respectful in front of the press, in the dressing room, he leads his charges out in a wild frenzy screaming ''Lets f*ck them up!!!!!!!''

If only...[/quote]

Ha ha

I''m not sure what hughton hopes to achieve with these comments, but I''m a little fed up with it. As a person i respect Chris hughton, as a manager my confidence is waning. First time I''ve said anything negative about the guy this season

Are you people THAT stupid that you don''t understand the obvious psychology of this?

Maybe Chris Hughton is has been watching too much Fast Show, and in particular has taken the Swiss Tony approach to football.

Being a football manager Paul is very much like making love to a beautiful woman... You talk up the opposition, complimenting her quality and show her respect at all times. You let her dominate you hoping to pump your balls into the box, and then try extra hard to finish last...

More than usual I''m going to be right behind the players tomorrow. I want the win for the supporters and the players, no one else.

The Board has gambled with low funds.

Hughon - you know why.

But, for model pros who have stuck with us, like Russell Martin, Wes Hoolahan and Benno. For a troubled legend like Holt. For newbys who have embraced the fans like Garrido and Bassong and for boys with potential like Howson, Ryan Bennet and Pilks plus lion hearts like BJ and Tetts plus hopefully a returning JR I want a win and to remain in the EPL.

Why did the crowd boo Hughton taking Wes off? Tactically it was justified with an equaliser. It was because the supporters care about a longstanding player they love and could see the invention of far more than they care about Hughton or feel inclined to trust him.

Forget all Hughton''s pre-match rubbish, get behind your players and together we''ll do it despite him, just as we did vs Everton. He is irrelevant.

Rudolph, as you believe that Hughton doesn''t respect our club, have you ever put these points forward to David McNally or someone else in a position of authority?

Alternatively, have you ever made an attempt to say these points to Chris H, or are you just a typical keyboard warrior?

[quote user="morty"]Are you people THAT stupid that you don''t understand the obvious psychology of this?[/quote]

Ahhh the old reverse psychology, genius. How comes you''re so smart and we''re not?

[quote user="morty"]Are you people THAT stupid that you don''t understand the obvious psychology of this?[/quote]Yeah, great psychology. Hughton - only ever talks about the opposition and how good they are (even if they aren''t).Martinez - only ever talks about Wigan, how good they are (even if they aren''t) & how confident he is that they''ll survive.(even if they won''t)You don''t have to be a genious to figure out which psychology is currently working the best.

[quote user="morty"]Are you people THAT stupid that you don''t understand the obvious psychology of this?[/quote]What obvious psychology?  Hoot bigs up the opposition before every game.  I read very little into it, I just hope he doesn''t actually believe what he says.

[quote user="morty"]Are you people THAT stupid that you don''t understand the obvious psychology of this?[/quote]

And with 2 wins in the last 17 games the obvious psychology is clearly successful, obvious really!

McNally would not be interested in individual opinion, he takes a collective view.

What opportunity does anyone have of expressing views to Hughton which are not very public or simply confrontational?

This is what forums are for.

However, if either asked me it would be fair to respond in full. That isn''t going to happen either.

Finally, plenty of other people disagree and their opinions are equally valid.

Hi. Just joined the forum. Nice to me you all.

Do people think that what Hughton says about the opposition has an affect on either team? Seriously, I''d love to know. Because it seems to me that most managers have a stock response when being questioned in front of cameras, and Hughton is no different. In that case, didn''t he use the same phrases before beating Man Utd? ... And Arsenal?? ...and Everton, Swansea, Reading etc?