Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

All hail "defensive" Hughton.

I''m through the tears of joy and relief now. I believed we would deliver a battering today and so it was.

so much for those commenting that next season will be no different. a glimpse to the future and what a beautiful future it is!!!!!!!

[quote user="Robert911"]Ha. 1 Game..... You think we are suddenly Barcelona[/quote]

Who said that? Fact is he''s done what he was given the job to do. Do you (or anyone) actually believe that he will be sacked?

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]This was do or die time...Just shows he could have done this all year[/quote]

We have been doing it all year.  That is why we''re staying up.  41 points and counting, some excellent performances in that, a little bad luck with decisions - and yes some frustrating matches.  Rome wasn''t built in a day, but today was another brick in the wall (those two cliches especially for Mr.Chops).

[quote user="lake district canary"]A taste of the future today.   I hope some of you will now start to believe it. 

[/quote]Shame it wasn''t a taste of what could have been happening in every game this season. Scoring goals wins games so I hope Hughton learnt something today regarding the quality of our squad in attack !!!

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]This was do or die time...Just shows he could have done this all year[/quote]
Debatable. I agree that there have been games when we needed to attack more (Newcastle at home, Fulham at home etc) but whether he could''ve persisted with a completely offensive gameplan and secured safety is far from a guaranteed thing IMO.

Some of the **** thrown at Hughton has been appalling. A squad that bounced divisions, with little cash, is getting prem football next year and has already signed one of Europes most exciting forwards.Some of you "fans" should hold your heads down in shame.

"Javier''s Deaf Translator"ha. think some people are upset we are safe.

How true sadly!

Some of the **** thrown at Hughton has been appalling. A squad that bounced divisions, with little cash, is getting prem football next year and has already signed one of Europes most exciting forwards.

Some of you "fans" should hold your heads down in shame.

++++++++

here F**king here!

[quote user="Herman "]"Javier''s Deaf Translator"ha. think some people are upset we are safe.

How true sadly![/quote]

Seems that way doesn''t it. Oh well, each to their own.

We''ve shown we can play like this, Spurs and Swansea away immediately spring to mind. Large spells of the Villa game (home and away in fact) Reading at home for 20 mins at start of each half and few other occasions.

Its all about establishing consistency next season. And if today is how Hughton wants his team to be playing and how he intends for his team to play next season i''d be delighted to see him try and achieve that.

When I posted earlier today that it would be a good day to get 4 goals at home for the only time this season I really didn''t think the boys would produce this brilliant result. I did expect a galvanised performance because it was so clearly in their boots to do it for themselves, the manager, the board and the fans today.

Well done to Chris Hughton for keeping the club in the Premiership and the honey pot to come next season. Whilst there have been complaints about the quality of football this season, survival was everything. Now we shall see our manager''s metal with the quality of signings he makes over the summer. RVW suggests they will be of the quality needed to allow a more expansive game and a more comfortable season next term.

Those poor Binners must be blubbing away right now. Nice!!

i

I''m ecstatic we are safe, Hughton has done a brilliant job today and that is without doubt the best overall performance I have seen this year.

But i''m sorry this thread is as divisive and gloatingly unnecessary as the inevitable cr@p that would have appeared on here had we lost or drawn, slamming him for another poor performance.

The Manager and Team have today achieved a brilliant win and kept us safe. We may well play this way next year, but he has had the same players since January and this is the first real performance of its kind, don''t make out like we have all been blind to his brilliance up till this point and there is nothing to worry about going forward.

If you do you''re as bad as those who have seen no positives in his Management of the team this year.

Presumably thats aimed at me and you miss the point by a country mile crafty.

Everyone''s happy, the team and manager did a brilliant job today and we can all sigh in relief that were safe, get drunk and celebrate!

But this thread is a deliberately divisive and unnecessary, Hughton has done the job and kept us up, he deserves praise for that, but those unhappy with the way the team HAD been playing are not suddenly going to be won over by one performance.

Mission accomplished we can all enjoy that! So why make today about Hughton supporters v Hughton detractors?

The vast majority of us I imagine sit in the middle - appreciative of what he''s done, but looking for more of today next season and less Stoke/Wigan away. It''s point scoring for personal egos imo.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Blurboy1980"]This was do or die time...Just shows he could have done this all year[/quote]

We have been doing it all year.  That is why we''re staying up.  41 points and counting, some excellent performances in that, a little bad luck with decisions - and yes some frustrating matches.  Rome wasn''t built in a day, but today was another brick in the wall (those two cliches especially for Mr.Chops).[/quote]At the end of the day, we all knew this season was going to be a case of after the Lord Mayor''s Show, but we dug in, toughed it out, kept battling, never said "die", and the performance today was the stitch in time that saved nine. It would be a brave man to predict Norwich won''t go onwards and upwards from here and long may they remain in the land of Milk and Honey that is the Premier League. [Y][Y][Y]

Hi all, just back from the game...just switched the tablet on. Great great feeling! I agree with the points made about Hughton, I think the decision of sticking with Hughton was abrave but good one by the club. Now he can build his own squad. I think a few out there were doing everything to remain PL players , as I think there will be many exits.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Giving credit, there was obviously a lot of pressure and a win under pressure is always the best kind of win.[/quote] Damn with faint praise, hey?