Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Francis - nowhere to go?

It''s looking more and more likely that the interest from Charlton is not there - leaves me thinking do I want him to stay?  If Charlton don''t come in, can''t see us getting much for him to spend on other players, so do we want a player who is obviously very talented (we were describing Viera as the Arsenal version of Francis!!!) but who wants to leave?

Answers on an e-mail...

I would much rather play one of our youth team players than this excuse for a professional footballer. His performances since he was linked with Charlton in January have just taken the p*** out of Norwich City and the fans. Topped off by his display after Fulham! Get rid of him now. I couldn''t give a damn if we get any money for him, he will have a very negative effect on the team next season not matter if he plays or not. Some criticise Gary Holt for not having the ability to be a first team starter but at least he gives 110% every time he''s on the pitch for Norwich. Those who have rejoyced in Svenssons departure should maybe focus there efforts on this big headed twat! Excuse my french

While maybe not agreeing as strongly as Rasputin, I do agree his performances for us towards the season''s end were nothing short of diabolical, and I do hope he goes off.

As for where, I have heard Charlton have had a £1.25mil bid rejected, with the provisio it might take double that to prise him out of the Yella and Green.

Also, anyone realised that if sold to Charlton he''ll replace Ipswich pride and joy Matty Holland?

It''s quite sad that people seem to have made Francis a scapegoat. Not once has he come out and said he wants to leave, it''s all press speculation. Yes his performances towards the end of the season weren''t to his usual standards but without his goals we would have been dead and buried a long time before the Fulham game.

Get off his back, if he goes good luck to him. We''ll get a very sizeable fee for a player that cost us £260,000. If he stays then even better as I''ll welcome his name in the starting line-up any day of the week

[quote]I think it is much more likely that Green will now stay and Francis will go. It wouldn''t suprise me if Charlton came in for him. Also, Fulham are looking like they may make a bid[/quote]

im starting to think your right dd, as doors close for green time is running out, and as he said to the press today i get the feeling he will stay. Francis looks the most likely to leave now

If he does stay & NW manages to bring in a few new midfielders in similar mode, e.g. Jason Jarrett, perhaps it will:-

a) Give him some competition for his place

b) Give us an idea if he''s got any pride in himself

I would love to have our old Francis back as on his day he is a tremendous player, he wouldn''t have attracted interest if he wasn''t.

I am concerned about the following quote though -Norwich are keen to hold onto their 26-yearold, who scored seven goals from central midfield last season, but much could depend on Francis''s desire to return to the top flight.

From http://www.myfootballnews.co.uk/news_jump.html?team_id=57&story=207836

If he has no ambition, you have to wonder about his mind set full stop.

If he''s happy to be a big fish in a small pond then fine, but I''m sure 99% of posters would give their right arms to have had the opportunity that DF has had & to see him waste his obvious talent is a frustrating sight for us all.

Please Damien prove all these negative posts wrong, you have been a great asset to NCFC, but we are getting bored with your ''Sunday afternoon stroll'' performances

Glad that the other posts agree - I have had grief in the past for criticising Francis.  Let''s have players that are proud to play for the greatest club in the world.

[quote]I would much rather play one of our youth team players than this excuse for a professional footballer. His performances since he was linked with Charlton in January have just taken the p*** out of Nor...[/quote]

Well said that man.

It''s what a lot of Norwich fans are thinking, you''ve just had the balls to say it.

If he has nowhere to go, it''s his own fault. His lacklustre performances in the 2nd half of the season would have shown potential buyers just how fickle and unmotivated he can be. It''s really a major error on his part. Being committed to the cause could have saved us from relegation and if not, he would have shown why someone should shell out a few million quid for him.

Its just so disappointing.

[quote]I would much rather play one of our youth team players than this excuse for a professional footballer. His performances since he was linked with Charlton in January have just taken the p*** out of Nor...[/quote]

Yep !  that about sums it up Raspy !!

Sorry to disappoint everyone but I think it will be very very good news if he stays - even if he doesn''t want to. He is an awesome player yes he did''nt play well he the second half of the season here i''ll put some reasons in :

1) Everyone knew who he was all of a sudden, any manager worth his salt watching Norwich in the first half of the season would say Francis runs from deep were are only/main goal threat and would make plans to stop them.

2) Not everyone recovers from a double cheekbone fracture immediately

3) We changed from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 meaning he had less freedom

Whatsmore given are current lopsided squad WE NEED him like or lump it 

[quote]Sorry to disappoint everyone but I think it will be very very good news if he stays - even if he doesn''t want to. He is an awesome player yes he did''nt play well he the second half of the season here ...[/quote]

We don''t and won''t NEED him when we get replacements in, and i''m sure that''s what we''re trying to do. What makes you think he will be any more committed (i.e - playing better rather than his terrible display against Fulham) next season? If anything, he will be worse playing in a league below the top one, and having him in the team may hinder rather than help.

Franny can **** off back to London.

I''d rather see Holt running his heart out than Francis swanning about watching the ball.

Look, I liked Francis, I don''t know if the rumours are true, but he would be damn useful to us in the fizzy league.

Sorry, but I believe we do need Francis here more than some of you are saying, only a few short weeks a go, he was a lot of fans favourite on here.

Why the change, people?.     

Well done great post totally correct i have been saying this myself for sometime.

I''m with you on this one Wiz - I like Francis too, he has been an integral part of our success over the last two years (yes, I know relegation isn''t exactly success, but we were still there, fighting, until the last day of the season).

I am very worried that he will be left with nowhere to go - if no offers come in for him, he remains a Norwich City player, but the way the mood is on this board he will be unable to play for us because the crowd won''t let him.  So where does that leave him?  Rotting in the reserves until the end of his contract when he leaves on a free?  That would be a disaster.  Any manager seeing him as a potential signing who comes on these boards would soon be frightened off, especially as the general consesus seems to be that his price tag is 2.5m........

Yes, he had a poor second half of the season, and tends to disappear for periods during games, but he is STILL an important player for this football club.  Don''t make him the scapegoat!