Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Hughton Gets Lucky - Thank God!

I am delighted for the supporters and the players - Norwich City remain a Premier League side and should go on to become established.

Hughton has achieved his brief.

But to evaluate Hughton''s abilities as manager off the back of one outstanding performance is frankly ridiculous and short sighted and typical of so many football supporter where redemption is ever present.

Hughton''s hand was forced, just as his substitutions during the season were forced with the changes dictated by the opposition coach. He had no option today which does not make him a tactical genius.

Why do people see him as a victim of circumstances when we lose 5 - 0 at Fulham and go on a winless streak but praise him when we win, you can''t have it both ways and the fact is he has dabbled with our survival and our patience with his insipid restrictive style and lack of imagination.

Today was about the supporters and the players, not him.

Hughton will now get a chance to take the job forward and spend some serious money on new players but he has a very long way to go and as it is in our interests that he succeeds because Norwich City will succeed and Norwich City is far more important than any manager.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I am delighted for the supporters and the players - Norwich City remain a Premier League side and should go on to become established.

But to evaluate Hughton''s abilities as manager off the back of one outstanding performance is frankly ridiculous and short sighted and typical of so many football supporter where redemption is ever present.

Hughton''s hand was forced, just as his substitutions during the season were forced with the changes dictated by the opposition coach. He had no option today which does not make him a tactical genius.

Why do people see him as a victim of circumstances when we lose 5 - 0 at Fulham and go on a winless streak but praise him when we win, you can''t have it both ways and the fact is he has dabbled with our survival and our patience with his insipid restrictive style and lack of imagination.

Hughton will now get a chance to take the job forward and spend some serious money on new players but he has a very long way to go and as it is in our interests that he succeeds because Norwich City will succeed and Norwich City is far more important than any manager.[/quote]
? Doesn''t that equally apply to those blaming him for every loss but not giving credit when we win - like today? [:^)]

Rudolph, terribly predictable and not really worth posting today. Give him some credit and get off your soap box because I''m not sure that many Norwich City supporters will be interesting in your self-serving pontifications on a day where such a brilliant team performance has rocketed us up the table.If you are so critical of Hughton when we play badly, you should have the good grace and good sense to accept that not giving him credit when the team plays well makes you look extremely ignorant.Just enjoy the moment and give credit where it''s due.

[quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I am delighted for the supporters and the players - Norwich City remain a Premier League side and should go on to become established.

Hughton will now get a chance to take the job forward and spend some serious money on new players but he has a very long way to go and as it is in our interests that he succeeds because Norwich City will succeed and Norwich City is far more important than any manager.[/quote]
? Doesn''t that equally apply to those blaming him for every loss but not giving credit when we win - like today? [:^)]
[/quote]

Because the " dross " scale far far far out weighs the flair style we played today.

Thats why he deserves the critisism.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I am delighted for the supporters and the players - Norwich City remain a Premier League side and should go on to become established.

People are judging him across a whole season in which we achieved his target as employee of the club. No matter how you like to twist it.

Why do people like you try and always put a downer on great wins like this with your negative and partial nonsense?Anyone with any sense was saying that if Hughton kept us up we need to give him the Summer to build a squad and make his mark next season, and I don''t accept that it has ever changed despite some of the junk we have had to put up with this season.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Why do people see him as a victim of circumstances when we lose 5 - 0 at Fulham and go on a winless streak but praise him when we win, [/quote]Why do some people see him as "lucky", or his players "mutinying" when we win games, but reverting to "typical Hughton" when we lose?I don''t know what the specific axe you have to grind with him is, but you could just enjoy our PL survival and the millions that will flow from it.  After all, you may find it in the darkest depths of your heart to acknowledge, whatever fundamental flaws he has, he can at least sign a half-decent player.

Oh dear Rudolph, people disagree with your repetitive and defensive dross, and they are categorised as supporters of Hughton rather than the club? I think your credibility is taking a big nose dive.Still, sure the rest of us will enjoy things without needing to find negativity in a great result to justify our own opinion.

Norwich City home record: P18 W7 D7 L4I''m glad he was lucky 7 times, or we''d have been relegated.  And thank goodness he was a bit lucky 7 more times, or we''d have scored no points at home at all this season.

"morty"Tit.

No need for long words, sentences or paragraphs when one word can perfectly sum up the OP.

Rudolph your being as bad as LDC. He''s off on one thread extolling the virtues of Hughton after one good game, and you''ve started this saying he has achieved the brief, but by luck.

NCFC are in the PL next year! Something to celebrate!

Has Hughton provided us a year of free flowing good football? no. Will he next year? possibly.

He''s kept us up while not getting the new striker he has so clearly wanted since his arrival. That guys on his way and he has another transfer window and preseason to strengthen and mould this side.

If he serves up good football in the first dozen games next year prepare to eat humble pie. If he serves up several performances akin with Wigan/Stoke away and we sit in relegation places well i''ll expect you will get your wish.

At the end of the day we are staying up! And right now as the season is virtually over I don''t care how that was achieved, its been and gone. I''ll be livid though if we start next season in a similar way to are pre new year run though.

Chris Hughton''s brief was to keep us up so he has in fact exceeded his objectives. Why not give him credit for getting us into 12th position, exactly where we finished last season.

We didn''t achieve this purely on today''s result but from results from the start of the season some nine months ago; and yet you consider CH to be lucky.

For a long time Rudolph you''ve waged a personal campaign of vitriol against the Norwich City manager - even claiming a half-time dressing room bust up which you imagined in your head, and never actually occurred. You made up lies to support your case, and now after today''s fine result you claim he is merely lucky.

Shame on you, sir.

[quote user="Monty13"]Rudolph your being as bad as LDC. He''s off on one thread extolling the virtues of Hughton after one good game, and you''ve started this saying he has achieved the brief, but by luck.

NCFC are in the PL next year! Something to celebrate!

Has Hughton provided us a year of free flowing good football? no. Will he next year? possibly.

He''s kept us up while not getting the new striker he has so clearly wanted since his arrival. That guys on his way and he has another transfer window and preseason to strengthen and mould this side.

If he serves up good football in the first dozen games next year prepare to eat humble pie. If he serves up several performances akin with Wigan/Stoke away and we sit in relegation places well i''ll expect you will get your wish.

At the end of the day we are staying up! And right now as the season is virtually over I don''t care how that was achieved, its been and gone. I''ll be livid though if we start next season in a similar way to are pre new year run though.[/quote]

The trouble is that just isn''t true.  I have justified my view by repeating the successes over the whole season, which on balance can be seen to be successful.   Not every match has been frustrating to watch.  Even in our worst spell we had some good performances, Sunderland away, Arsenal away and there are others.  There is a strong feeling that some people just have it in for Hughton because he is not what they are used to, rather than look at things realistically.     There have been so many anti-Hughton threads, I just think today is a day we should celebrate and perhaps look at it from the positive side for a change.  Is that too much to ask??

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Are some of you Norwich supporters or Hughton supporters?

I am absolutely delighted LDC, as I know you are.[/quote]
I''m a Norwich supporter, through thick and thin...and for my money staying up this season is a greater achievement than staying up last season. We had a lot of positive momentum last season after two promotions on the bounce with a squad of largely young and hungry players itching to prove a point under a great manager who had given us an incredible turnaround in fortunes since our relegation to L1.
Then, all our positive momentum was reversed when PL walked away from us in dubious circumstances. At that point, whoever took on the job was on a hiding to nothing. However, the new managers remit was to avoid relegation this year, and this target has been achieved with one game to spare. For this, I extremely happy and thankful to the players, the board and the manager. It is a team game, and we lose as a team just as we win as a team...and the team includes all those involved in the footballing set up at NCFC...players, coaches, manager - everyone involved.
It has been nerve-racking and very anxious at times, it''s been dour at times and also there''s been the outright embarrassments - but don''t forget the glorious wins and hard fought draws, they all count. It''s been a difficult season in a highly competitive Premier League, but at the end of it all, we''ve survived to fight for our place another year. This despite having to do it on very strict financial resources, lower than most of our competition.
So today I''m very happy and very proud of everyone at NCFC - including our supporters. Next season we will hope to see progression and it all begins again for CH, the club and the support. But for now, I''m more than happy to credit Hughton and his team for reaching our main target - Job Done. [Y]

You have stuck to your guns LDC and despite having an often opposing view to me have received the same amount of abuse from the hindsight cretins who only offer short responses but don''t put forward opinions.

Football is all about opinions except for the knuckle draggers who can only default into confrontation.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Are some of you Norwich supporters or Hughton supporters?

I am absolutely delighted LDC, as I know you are.[/quote] I understand your point Rudolph , we''ve had to watch some cr@p over the last few weeks. ..but today was all about safety ie winning the game. I am a Norwich fan who doesn''t think it would help the club to sack Hughton

There was nothing lucky about today''s performance, fantastic!

Hughton inherited a squad high on adrenalin but short on quality.  He kept it in the best league in the world and we now have  MILLIONS to spend and one top Euro striker already in the bag.Only a binner or a moron would not thank Hughton for that.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]You have stuck to your guns LDC and despite having an often opposing view to me have received the same amount of abuse from the hindsight cretins who only offer short responses but don''t put forward opinions.

Football is all about opinions except for the knuckle draggers who can only default into confrontation.[/quote]Shouldn''t you be, I don''t know, enjoying today''s result rather than trying to start arguments?