Sign in to follow this  
Steve Mortlock

Buy Buy Buy ...

Reading through the boards of late I cant help but notice an upsurge of posts calling for the likes of Jagielka, Tonge, Sidwell for astonomical amounts of money.   Although Steve Sidwell would be an excellent signing I dont really think we should be speaking of Sheffield United players to help us back into the premiership.  (Although Michael Brown would have been an excellent addition to our midfield, but was too much for us at the time he went to Spurs)

I would really like to see some quality free signings or perhaps a couple of quality loans.  Justin Hoyte of Arsenal is behind Sol Campbell, Sanderos, Lauren at Arsenal and they may be interested in loaning him out.  I hear Wolves and Leeds are interested so lets strike first for once., 

Steve Stone and Lee Clarke are free agents.  Although the latter would probably command quite a wage he would not command a transfer fee and the savings from this and Bentley going back to Arsenal, might enable us to afford him. At 32, Lee Clark still has the quality about him to do an immense job for a fizzy league team.   Steve Stone would also be superb in the middle for us too and has the ability to play in the middle or on the right. He is strong and has pace which would be another outlet for us (rather than give it to Hucks all the time)

Both of which know what it is like to win the Championship and how to hold their own in the Premiership and the capture of these two would send out a clear message to the rest of the league.  Both of which would cost nothing and would be more effective than the hard working Gary Holt. 

Any ideas on any right backs ?????

Morty

I''ve got a couple of friends who are long time Reading season ticket holders and I asked them about Sidwell. Their fans'' general feelings towards him at the moment is virtually the same as us with Francis. They wouldn''t mind seeing the back of him if it brought in a million or two, especially as he hasn''t been great this season.

Why shouldnt we be speaaking of Sheffield Utd players to help us back in the Premiership. I would much rather us sign Jagielka and Tonge rather than Stone and Clark.

Green

New Doherty Shackell Drury

Jagielka Safri Tonge Hucks

Ashton Mckenzie

Green

New Doherty Shackell Drury

Stone Safri Clark Hucks

Ashton Mckenzie

Which team looks stronger to you???
Nuff said.

[quote]Why shouldnt we be speaaking of Sheffield Utd players to help us back in the Premiership. I would much rather us sign Jagielka and Tonge rather than Stone and Clark. Green New Doherty Shackell Drury...[/quote]

I''m sure we all we would rather buy Jagielka and Tonge than Stone and Clark mystery poster.  However, the difference is that the Sheff Utd pair would cost approx £6M and Stone and Clark would cost £0!  We can''t build our hopes up and say we would like these players because they just aren''t going to come.  1) We haven''t got the money and 2) They might go to a Prem club but what would be the point in side stepping and coming to us?  Sheff Utd will have just as high a expectations as us for next year