Sign in to follow this  
Ali Bunkall

Jarrett

We won''t know until he signs, thats if he does!

From what I gather, based on what people say he is quite highly rated. Wigan obviously offered him a new contract, but if the deal isn''t that great which it isn''t, it appears that they don''t seem too worried about losing him.

It depends on whether he comes and whether he lives up to expectations.

We''ve now been linked to John Halls on a few seperate occasions good signing?

[quote]Not as good as Francis! He averages about 1 goal a season! IF THAT! I have to say that ''box to box'' midfielders should be scoring more than that if they are any good! Francis got 7 in the premiership!...[/quote]

I think that''s a bit harsh JonesC.  Firstly, when we wigned Francis I bet nobody thought "Here''s a midfielder who will get us 7 goals in the Premiership".  Also, if you''d spoken to any Wimbledon fans I''d be willing to bet they would have said the same.  Secondly, we might not be looking to Jarratt for his goal scoring ability.  Saf was brilliant when he played last season but scored p**s all goals. 

We can''t judge the lad until (well, if) he pulls on a yellow shirt

I''m not sure how good he is, one thing i find odd...

You''ve just gone up with your team, they offer you a new contract but you refuse that and sign for a team in the league you''ve just left...

Cant get my head around why any player would do that, surely we cant be offering him much more than Wigan are?

[quote]I''m not sure how good he is, one thing i find odd... You''ve just gone up with your team, they offer you a new contract but you refuse that and sign for a team in the league you''ve just left... Cant ...[/quote]

He must have heard some very good reports about NCFC. He''s heard about the tremendous atmosphere at FCR, and cant wait to play in front of a sell-out crowd. Seriously though, Im the same as you and cant understand why anybody would forgo the opportunity to play in the Premiership. City''s offer would have to be considerably better than the one on the table at Wigan FC, you would assume. That would certainly be the case if I was in Jarrett''s shoes.

He''s a bit of an unknown quantity IMO. I admit to have never ever heard of him prior to this speculation. Even after looking at his career, his doesn''t seem to have done much to date. Hasn''t scored many goals, and hasn''t even played much for Wigan.

On the other hand, If worthy knows him from Blackpool, and he''s on a free, we cant lose much

no offence, but Jarrat isnt as attacking as Francis so he wont score as many goals. Hes more of a hard working, sort of play maker (not exactly a play maker but can do the job). He is a bit more defensize than francis is. Good player, and cant wait too get him into a norwich shirt!

How good is the guy?  His mum tells me that when he is good he is very very good but when he is bad he is wicked...

OTBC

[quote]what sort of stuff do you get in contracts? he may have been offered peanuts for his wages[/quote]

Wigan have a wage cap of 12k per week. Another 8k a week is earnable through performance related bonuses. Jarrett will probably be on around 5-7k a week, and as he is not guaranteed a regular starting place then that''s what his wages will stay at (possibly a little more in his new offer). So, therefore he could come here and earn perhaps 10k a week guaranteed, so he would be better off in the long run.

I am a bit worried about his injuries last last season - broken leg and ankle problems - we do not need another crock on the books - that has to be looked at very carefully before taking him on. We have see so many players that have never really made it back after serious injuries. I trust the club doc and physio will check things out once and if we even get him round the negotiation table.