Sign in to follow this  
Stany

This Season

Having looked on here throughout the season and seen all of the mixed messages about Hughton, I think today we should look forward to the future and think of this season as being job done.

Yes, the football hasn''t been the most exciting this season, but Hughton had massive boots to fill following Paul Lambert. His brief was to avoid relegation. We were in free fall towards the end of last season, which I believe was one of the reasons why Lambert chose to leave. Hughton identified that we conceded far too many goals last season. His response was to build from the back by signing Turner and Bassong, both of whom have been excellent.

I feel that the performance today is how we will play next season when Hughton will have the opportunity to manoeuvre more players in and out of the squad over the summer and stamp more of his own mark on the team. Most of his signings have improved the squad as a whole, and think that this will carry on next season.

The containing tactics worked to help him achieve his brief with the squad that he had at his disposal. I think that with 5/6 quality signings in the summer we could be in for an exciting season next year!

OTBC!!

"We were in free fall towards the end of last season"absolute nonsense !In the final quarter we averaged 1.2 point sa game which over a season would have given us 46.4 points (against 47) and we achieved MORE points in the second half of the season than in the first. A win a Spurs and a draw at arsenal is hardly free fall.

"why Lambert chose to leave"he didn''t, he was ''shown the door''

"His brief was to avoid relegation."no, it was to finish as high as possible - you CANNOT achieve the former without going for the latter"stamp more of his own mark on the team"eh ?  that has been the problem, as stated by Holt on Radio Norfolk after the game, by Snoddy a few games earlier and even Hughton himself after the Everton game.Have your theories by all means but at least base them on fact