Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Out of curiosity

We defended high up the pitch and put pressure on them. When we had it we gave the man in possession better options, full backs overlapped, Howson and Johnno ran the show and got up and supported well and Wes and Holty rolled back the years with the sort of performance that''s seen them destroy many a defence in 3 divisions. Bennett and Bassong looked assured at the back. Ruddy''s presence and distribution played a part too.

Brilliant team performance where Hughton got the balance just right.

The shackles were off, we saw fullbacks getting forward with overlapping runs, we saw Pilks getting into the box and moving defenders around rather than turning and looking to go backwards, we saw crosses coming in and one two or even three receivers, we saw a top quality keeper commanding his box. Passing was more accurate and certainly more effective with Howson looking very comfortable in his role. It was great, credit to players and manager and lets hope this moves forward into next season!

A) West Brom were already on the beach

B) We found the net! Simple as that.

We usually start on the front foot at home and apply pressure early as we did today, villa and reading the only difference the team put their shooting boots on for a change!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Just wondering in people''s opinions, what was different today?[/quote]Hughton didn''t give a team talk, he just posted Smudger''s "blog" on the Changing Room noticeboard.

Hughton read the past week''s posts on the pinkun forum and, sobbing, fell to his knees and screamed "I was wrong! Damn it all to hell I was wrong!".

It was go for broke basically, and the game opened up for us.

West Brom are safe so didn''t put up too much of a fight.

We owe a lot of luck for the results in the last week, but we definitely earned the three points today.

Also out of interest, did anyone see what the sign said that was hanging over the upper Barclay (above E block)? Stewards removed it about 10 minutes before kick off, I think it said Hughton out or something along those lines, if that is true then those fans should be ashamed of themselves

Holt''s post-match interview with Radio Norfolk was pretty revealing.I also wonder if seeing Wigan''s confident display in the cup final yesterday reminded the players how they needed to set about the task today.

That''s not what it said.

It said something along the lines of "A message for Chrissy Hughton, we want to see 4-4-F**king-2". It then had cartoon drawings of whoever was responsible for it underneath with their names.

I thought it was just an ill advised Mike Bassett gag.

Van Wink said it - the shackles were off. Players given the freedom to go and do what we know they were capable of. Caution to the wind.

That was the kind of performance we have known the boys have been capable of all season - thats whats made this season so frustrating. It was like watching them when they played for Lambert. Allowed to play to their strengths and allowed to play without fear of the oppositions ''quality''.

I wonder if Hughton was surprised by what they could achieve?

Well done lads!!

What was different ? Well we really went at them from the off. If we''d done that months ago against some of our opposition we wouldn''t have been suffering these agonies.To be fair West Brom looked so poor you couldn''t help wondering if they were looking to " s*it on the Villa " or had a tidy wedge on a home win [;)]Let''s just hope that Hughton''s summer signings are mainly attacking players as we just don''t want another season like this one. Perhaps today''s display will have opened his eyes a bit.