Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 39

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 39 of our Rays Funds For The Academy season. This week we have Newcastle Uni Canary in charge and making the final selections for the first time. Neil is another of our young PUPs who is really supportive of me and our threads. That’s why I was so pleased it worked out that he could have a turn at making the final selections. A repeat of last week’s efforts from you PUPs will give him an outstanding chance of being successful. Last weekend’s 80% was a terrific effort and Greg was so unlucky not to secure the win. But with you all in such good form and some of our best young PUPs making the final selections I think we have at least one more win in us. Dont forget for your selection to be eligible for the final six it must be listed on Bet365 website and played on Saturday/Sunday/Monday.

Our league has never been closer to call at this stage in the season. Tilly and Mr Bump are locked together on 92%. I wonder if there are any more twists and turns to come or whether the championship will be shared this year. Best of luck to you both over the two remaining weeks.

So now Ill hand the thread over to Newcastle Uni Canary. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs..…Take it away Neil ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours....... [:)]....

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy,so far.

Oh my, I need a win soon!  Good luck this week Newcastle Uni Canary, I''m going to stick in England where I expect:Man City to beat WiganComfortably and ruin their goal difference, thank you.  Good luck to you and all the Pups.

Cheers Nutty.I''ll be posting my selections on late friday afternoon if thats ok. good luck everyone. i encourage you to go bold as id like to win loads and loads of money for the Academy but understand if like me you are doing a Norwich and trying to scrap safety.

Trying to find some value has led me to a Saturday offering from Sweden

Djurgarden v Malmo - Away Win

Djurgarden have started the season with 0-1-5 2-16, Malmo are 4-3-0 10-4 and are available at 5/6 on bet 365.

Best of luck NUC, and all you PUPs

Found something a little different this week in Germany''s third division. Lead leaders Karlsruher SC have two games to secure their title, and only a two point lead over Bielefeld, but as the second place side face off against 3rd place, the leaders have a great chance to secure the title. They host 13th place Hansa Rostock who are all but safe and have not terrible home form, but not great at 4/4/10 21/33. Home side are top of the form table, winning 6 of their last 8, and at home have a 12/5/1 record with 36/10 GF/GA .

Karlsruher SC vs Hansa Rostock- Home win!

Good luck :)

I never usually bet on my own team, as most of you probably don''t either. But in the spirit of things, and the need for us to get a win to guarantee safety, surely a cheeky little bet on Norwich vs WBA HOME WIN wouldn''t be a step too far?

Hi everyone

Never joined in here before but after a couple of weeks of lurking I would like to offer my tuppence worth this week.

To Deutschland where bottom of the bundesliga Greuther Fuerth host Freiburg. Fuerth haven''t won a home game all season (in fact over a year) and Freiburg are chasing a European spot.

Has to be a home win....famous last words!

Errrr...meant away win of course. Good start!!

That''ll teach me to try to use iPad whilst watching footy on telly at the same time!!!!

Apologies

Welcome Killie. It''s late in the season but I hope you''re just using it as a tune-up to get a full season under your belt next year.

Premier league for me please. Chelsea to win away at villa.Welcome Killie - good luck everyone - especially our own team!!

Yes welcome Killie.. It''s great to have you on board and as Yankee said we hope you will be with us for the whole 40 weeks next season.

I mentioned it at the end of last weeks thread but in case some of you missed it Mr Angry finally got onto our league table after joining us halfway through the season. He entered the table on 15/19 (79%) and will be a threat to the top guys next season. I am also looking forward to his turn in making the final selections.

I''m always pleased when we get new posters just as I''m always pleased when old friends come back to the thread. I know GingerPele has some ideas to help us in the close season.

Off to Ukraine for me and:

SHAKHTAR DONETSK  -v-  Tavriya Simferopol  HOME WIN

Good Luck NUC and all you Lovely PUPs[:)] and welcome to this great thread Killie[Y]

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you Newcastle Uni Canary and to all you other PUPs out there including our New picker Killie.

Off to Germany and a HOME WIN please for BAYERN MUNICH v Augsburg.

It''s a shame I didn''t join til after halfway, I think I''ve done reasonably well over the weeks I''ve taken part. We''ve done extremely well this year, and still a chance to sneak a few wins before it''s all over.

Good luck Newcastle Uni Canary and everyone

[quote user="AJ"]It''s a shame I didn''t join til after halfway, I think I''ve done reasonably well over the weeks I''ve taken part. We''ve done extremely well this year, and still a chance to sneak a few wins before it''s all over. Good luck Newcastle Uni Canary and everyone[/quote]

Yes you have AJ. Your stats are very impressive 8/11 73%. You are another who could "put the wind up" the top guys next season!![;)]

Our young PUPs are mirroring the performances of our clubs youth team[Y]

I''d say I was performing more like the first team Nutty, although I''m much more adventurous going forward ;)

I''ve been looking after this for Purple Canary : -

In the Spanish Segunda Division.

Girona to win at home aginst Xerez.

Girona with a 14-2-2 and 43/12 home record, and keen for a win to keep them in the automatic promotion places. Xerez with a 2-4-12 and 17/36 away record, and 11 points adrift at the bottom.

Good luck to all!

Hi I ment to write a fuller message at the start but i was in a bit of a rush last night. Thanks for the intro Nutty. I think what you''re doing is amazing so it''s great to be a part of it and hope i can do it justice.The reason i want to make my choices at 6ish is that i promised my flatmate ,who is a palace fan, i''d watch the the palace brighton game with him. now as a result of this i''m offering this. i''ll paypal you 10 pounds nutty to put on crystal palace to win. the reason for this is 2 fold. palace brighton could well be a dull game and this will make it exciting for me and secondly my flatmate has spent the entire year telling me how norwich don''t deserve to be in the premiership and will be relegated so i really want brighton to win and this way for me its win win (unless its a draw then it''s draw lose but i hope that won''t happen). keep the pups coming in and welcome killiecanary

Juventus to beat Cagliari for me this week please.

As I''m off on hol [ap][um][st][li] the week after can I pick Barcelona to beat Valladolid for the following week please.

With a bit of luck when I get back I''ll find some more ££££££ in the PUPs kitty and City in the Prem.

Good luck all!

Premiership for me please, my head says either a Man U home win, or a Chelsea away win, but my heart says a home win for the Canaries...so, Norwich City v West Brom HOME win please.

Best of luck all, especially Newcastle Uni (and NCFC!!) 

Bold you asked for so bold you will have NUC. I''m off to France where Evian are their Wigan. Third from bottom in the league but through to their cup final. This weekend Evian are at home to Nice who sit 4th, the Europa League spot, just one point above fifth and just three points behind third which is a Champions League spot. Bet365 price the away win at 17/10. I think this is a bold bet which I''m happy to give but it wouldn''t be my nap for the weekend. The choice is yours buddy.

Evian TG            v            Nice            Away Win

May the footballing Gods be with us.

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"]Hi I ment to write a fuller message at the start but i was in a bit of a rush last night
. Thanks for the intro Nutty. I think what you''re doing is amazing so it''s great to be a part of it and hope i can do it justice.

The reason i want to make my choices at 6ish is that i promised my flatmate ,who is a palace fan, i''d watch the the palace brighton game with him. now as a result of this i''m offering this. i''ll paypal you 10 pounds nutty to put on crystal palace to win. the reason for this is 2 fold. palace brighton could well be a dull game and this will make it exciting for me and secondly my flatmate has spent the entire year telling me how norwich don''t deserve to be in the premiership and will be relegated so i really want brighton to win and this way for me its win win (unless its a draw then it''s draw lose but i hope that won''t happen).

keep the pups coming in

and welcome killiecanary

[/quote]

Thank you Neil. What an exciting start to the weekend this will be. I''v place the bet with Bet365 and we will collect £25 to add to our total if Palace do it for us. Here are the details : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Crystal Palace @ 6/4
£10.00 Single
09/05/2013 15:00:1310.000.00
Total for this period 10.000.00

Many of us will be watching the game and this will make it so much more enjoyable. I am proud that we have got such a great team of PUPs. Thank you again Neil.