Sign in to follow this  
Stig

Howson

Just got back and I''m still buzzing! Best game I''ve been to see yet! Probably already mentioned but what a performance from the team - R.Bennet and Howson stood out most for me. It''s so good to see Howson coming good like this andnow more than ever mugs like Mungo can choke on their silly stats trying to make Howson look bad! Roll on next season and more cracking goals like that! I cannot wait for MOTD!

OTBC!!!!

With any luck he will carry on from the beginning of the season with the form he has shown the past few games.

Once again a class showing from Jonny howson

Howson is classy when played to his strengths, as I''ve also been stating all season. Deserved his goal and praise.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I think he has been terrible for months but today was his best game of the season and he scored a great goal.[/quote]
No, the team has been terrible for months. It''s no coincidence that his performance of the season came with the teams performance of the season. Personally he has cemented his place as my favourite Norwich player. (He had done anyway, but whatever.) He has bags and bags of potential and showed it off in style today. I''m just itching to see it again.

The lad has been playing well recently in a poor city team, often made out as a scapegoat, but always puts in 100% and he is our only CM who doesn''t mind running with the ball it seems.
When allowed the opportunity to roam forward we see the best of him; he was given that opportunity today and showed us what he can do. 
He can be the heartbeat of the midfield for a long time if he continues playing at this sort of level. As we bring in more attacking options this summer I expect to see an improvement in his game as well.

Quality player who has probably been our best midfielder (maybe best player) in the last month or so and capped it off today with an excellent performance and an absolutely cracking goal.

He has been playing better and better in recent games and Hughton seems to have found a way to play him in the same team as Wes by using only one defensive midfielder.

Howson is looking less lightweight in challenges and still needs to improve in this respect.

His running on and off the ball has been a highlight, it''s just giving him the right passes.

Howson has had a dreadful season, easily the worst outfield player in the regular first XI. But he has finally come into his own these last few weeks. Just a month ago it was difficult to see what he offered to the side, but more performances like the one today will cement his place in the team.

Lets just hope it is not a repeat of last season, where he looked good for a few games only to go back in his shell for the majority of 12/13.

Well played, more of the same please!

Hughton changed him from a player who really only seemed to fit into the wes spot, into a classy CM. he has a nice balance of defensive and attacking traits, and his passing was exquisite today.

yes, Today hopefully Howson came of age...

in a 4231 u need that DM who can play football, and they normally your best player (Pirlo''s, Xavi, Alonso).

Howson looked like last season he was going to be our best player, and has really struggled to adapt his game to playing deeper and controlling the game.

The transition phases looked good between defense and midfield.

can he do this regularly?

Put on another thread but ill chip in here:

I really hope we persist with Howson next year, he is still developing and with better players around him and less rigid defensive responsibilities I think he could flourish into the player he always looks capable of being.

I know that Johnson and Tettey were the two for our run but actually think that barring maybe Whittaker for Martin that was our strongest team playing today. We may look more defensively sound with Tettey and Johnson but Howson just gives much more going forward.

He''s looked better and better for me as the last few weeks have gone on, even though we haven''t been getting the results needed.

I''ve been saying all season, and wrote a number of posts about how good Howson is, most of the time I''ve been shot down.

Next season will be big for him, I can see it...