Sign in to follow this  

Yep.

Defence looked extremely solid again after a couple of little shakes recently. No surprise a run of 7 games with no clean sheets is ended by the return of Ruddy.

Huge player for us, in every way, when he has a go at the defence for making a mistake, they really stand up and take notice. That command and gravitas that he has makes such a difference.

I''m sure his injury was the catalyst for our poor form since. Would have been a fascinating season with him fit all the way through. I''m sure we would have been in the top ten. Now looking forward to next season with CH in charge, plus RVW, and a few more new players.

His was commanding, in sharp contrast to his counterpart, Ben Foster. I have always been impressed with his accurate long range dispensing of the ball, I think he''s outstanding in that department!

Would like to see him get Joe Tart out of the England goal but I doubt Roy will be brave enough to do that.

Couldn''t agree more

But I don''t think he is actually fit yet. He looked pretty tentative at times to me when he got up and was definitely favouring one leg.

Maybe that''s why he didn''t feature last week?

But was delighted to see him back in commanding form - really spread through the team I thought

In fairness Big JR didn''t have much to do such was our dominance in the game, but what he did, he did well.Looking forward to him playing a full term next season where I fully expect him to continue in the England set up.However, was it just me who winced a little everytime he did a kick (owwww - muscle ripped off bone - that''s gotta hurt!!)

I believe his injury was what caused our form to drop. Bunn is certainly good enough to play in the Premier League, but this is only his first season with us and he is also the second choice keeper. The loss of Ruddy may have even frustrated the rest of the players

I''ll admit I was wrong about him. Last week I felt that Bunn was the right choice because in a game we must win, I didn''t trust someone to play who hasn''t played competitive football in 6 months. Delighted he proved me wrong and did incredibly well today.

Anyone else notice how much more Ruddy delivers the ball out by throwing compared to Bunn? Always feel it gives us the opportunity to keep possession better and build play from the back instead of a hoof.....!!!!

I was thinking during the game, was WBA over hit crosses anything to do with Ruddy being back.

JR commands his area, particularly the 6 yard box very well imo, and is the difference from being a good goalie like Bunn, to an international like Ruddy.

Just a thought.

Imo the main difference is that Ruddy is a big unit, with long reach, something that Bunn isn''t as blessed with - they are both good keepers but that makes a big difference. It was great to have the big guy back today, hopefully we will have him here come August and beyond

Board must do everything they possibly can to keep him this summer if someone tests their resolve. Quite simply our best player and you can''t progress if you lose them.

Great to see him back between the sticks, not much to do and did it generally very well, like others have said his distribution, especially long throws, is so much better than Bunns. Bunn has been a good stand in but Ruddy is a top keeper!

Great game to come back with not too much to do but good to get his feet wet again and get some confidence back in him with no lingering injuries and no jitters going into next year