Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Hands up those who would like Wigan to beat Arsenal

The perennial escapologists have finally run out of luck. If they lose Martinez I think they will quickly disappear from the scene in the same way Wimbledon did.

[quote user="ricardo"]The perennial escapologists have finally run out of luck. If they lose Martinez I think they will quickly disappear from the scene in the same way Wimbledon did.[/quote]See I think the opposite, they have given themselves the best chance possible by beating Man City, if you have to play Arsenal then going off the back off an FA Cup win with the prospect of playing Villa in a winner takes all (without Benteke), then now is the time to do it!

[quote user="ricardo"]The perennial escapologists have finally run out of luck. If they lose Martinez I think they will quickly disappear from the scene in the same way Wimbledon did.
[/quote]

I agree. Following the FA Cup final win, I will not be surprised if Mr. Whelan concludes that he''s had a good run and let nature take its course under the stewardship of others in the future.

Really can''t see it happening but if it does, I can see them beating Villa.

Can''t see what''s so special about Martinez. He gets his team to play quite attractive football, but every year they are pretty heavily bankrolled and every year are round about the bottom - that doesn''t make him a good manager in my eyes.

I am, I want to see 2 clubs playing to stay up, think it''ll make for an exciting game to watch.

Wouldn’t it be great for the Lino and ref to have a howler and give a Pen to Wigan to get the winner, take back the 3 pts cheated out of us.

And yes now we are a neutral in all this, make possibly the best end of season game, winner takes all between Wigan and Villa.

Would screw Arsenal over like we we screwed and would give Wigan the chance to relegate Villa. Cant say Id be too unhappy with that scenario

Sunderland would need only to draw with Tottenham to stay up on goal difference. Hope the Villains are sweating now... How important could Agbonlahors last minute goal be for them this season?

I''m firmly rooting for Wigan to beat them both and send Villa packing. Oh it would be so sweet, like taking candy from a baby.

I can almost picture their horrid manager on the tv after losing at Wigan: " aye, we''ll go again next year, they lads in there have given it there all! They lads just need a hand!"

COME ON WIGAN!

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I can almost picture their horrid manager on the tv after losing at Wigan: " aye, we''ll go again next year, they lads in there have given it there all! They lads just need a hand!"

COME ON WIGAN![/quote]

*their all....

GAH.

Amazing isn''t it? Lambo was my all time hero but as this season had progressed I have found him annoying and could slap his face.

Come on Wigs, beat the Arse and let''s see what character the Villans actually have. Being at Manchester next week and listening for results would be so so sweet.

BTW I just love Calderwood and Trollope. Always have Always will

I don''t hate Lambert for leaving, and I know he is just showing some passion, but I do find it hugely disrespectful to the club and fans to celebrate when Villa scored against us.You don''t see players celebrating when they score against their old club.

I''d rather see Wigan stay up than Sunderland or Villa but I''d also rather see Arsenal in the Champions League than Spurs.