Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Player "Usefullness" ratings

My ratings for how much we need (key) players for next season out of 10:

Green 10  Drury 7  Shackell 9  Fleming 7  Charlton 6  Doherty 1  Helveg 7  Safri 8  Johnson 7  Francis 0 (let''s take the money!) Hucks 10 Holt 7 McVeigh 2 Brennan 2  Ashton 10 Leon 9  Hendo 5  Jarvis 5

Apologies to all of those I have not mentioned..

Why Doherty at 1 and Fleming at 7? Am I the only one who think''s Doherty could do a good job for us in the Fizzy league? (or even the Premiership for that matter) He''s got the height, strength, and he''s still young at around 24 (doesn''t look it i know!) IMO he should start next season, alongside Shackell.

Green 10  - Agree good player

Drury 8 he''s quality 

Shackell 6 - I''m still not convinced and we have loads of CB

Fleming 9  We need him in the dressing room if nothing else

Charlton 3 He can go in my opinion we have cover and he may struggle against the type of strikers who populate the championship

Doherty 8 - Good strong CB will be good in the championship and can provide useful cover up front

Helveg 1 He was hopeless in the premiership let''s get rid 

Safri 9 - He maybe crucial let''s hope his Africa nations commitments don''t ruin his season 

Jonson 7 I agree but the jury is well and truly out 

Francis 10 (et''s take the money if it''s offered and he wants out but if not he will be vital

Hucks 10 Yep far too good for Championship let''s watch and laugh at people who are trying to mark him 

Holt 9 - Is vital simply because he is the only other CM at the club 

McVeigh 7 i''d say but he''ll probably leave

Brennan 0 -

Ashton 10 Nuff said

Leon 2 - Lets face i could look playing with Ashton if anyone offers near a million let''s sell stick Hucks up front and McVeigh on the left 

Hendo 5 Make or Break time

Jarvis 5 Make or BReak time

[quote]My ratings for how much we need (key) players for next season out of 10: Green 10 Drury 7 Shackell 9 Fleming 7 Charlton 6 Doherty 1 Helveg 7 Safri 8 Johnson 7 Francis 0 (let''s take the money...[/quote]

Green 6 (we don''t NEED Greeno.  Yes it would be nice to have him but Gallacher would do) Drury 8, Helveg 7, Flem 4, Doc 7 (will be a good player IMO), Shacks 9, Saf 8, Damo 5 (again don''t NEEd Damo if his heart is elsewhere), Hucks 10, Jonson 8 (will be a good player too IMO), WLY 1, Brennan 1, Deano 100, Leon 10, Hendo 3, Jarvis 4

We also need to bring in 5/6 players who have a usefulness rating of 7/8 this summer!

[quote]Green 10 - Agree good player Drury 8 he''s quality Shackell 6 - I''m still not convinced and we have loads of CB Fleming 9 We need him in the dressing room if nothing else Charlton 3 He can go in...[/quote]

You cannot be serious giving 9 to Holt and Fleming when you only give Charlton 3, Shackell 6 and even worse Helveg 1.  I don''t know whether you watched any games but Fleming and Holt were two of the weakest links all season.  Shackell was an inspiration in the centre of defence when he was given a chance, and Charlton looked fine until he fell out of favour.  As for giving Leon 2 well I am speechless. 

Green 9
Drury 8 - Was outstanding in champ
Shackell 9 - Potential
Fleming 7 - Part of the club
Charlton 9 -
Doherty 8 - Good strong CB will be good in the championship
Helveg 5 - Would prefer to have ryan taylor 
Safri 9 - Key for midfield 
Jonson 7 - expect to see more from him
Francis 5 - Prefer the money
Hucks 10 - I will love watching him do his thing 
Holt 9 - "Is vital simply because he is the only other CM at the club "
McVeigh 7 - good back up 
Brennan 8 - Think hes a good player who hasnt had a chance
Ashton 10 - 25+ secured unless injured
Leon 9 - Great guy
Hendo - 8 dont yet know what he can do but worth a try
Jarvis - Same as Hendo, looks good for England youths

Green 10  - Good player, need him

Drury 8 - sarted of poorish, but improved as season went on did well to fight and win his place back in the starting 11

Shackell 8 - going to be a star one day, keep him at all costs - in starting 11 straight away

Fleming 4 - played really poor in quite a few games last season, with the number of centre backs we have hes not really needed, but as of his experiance in the league might be useful to keep

Charlton 6/7 - Played some good games last season, but can do better, will be a good player next season. Maybe in with a shout to partner shackell?

Doherty 7 - has done ok, was not a bad stand in striker, but never really lost his "utility" badge. He is young, and could well partner shackell, although it doesnt take much to get him down and play bad for the rest of the game

Helveg 5/6 - experiance will count in the fizzy league, he will be a class player. Although he didnt play that much and never really had a constant run of good games, so its not really fair to give him a higher raiting 

Safri 9 - class player, in starting 11 for next season''s start. - who can forget that tackle on wayne rooney...... *dreamy*  

Jonson 7 - did ok, but nothing special, hope he is better next season, again he is out of position but he can do the job. If bents comes back jonson could well struggle to get into the side

Francis 8 - not sure, had his ups and downs but scored 7 important goals. His performance at Fulham was a bad one, but prehaps the nerves and that just  got to him. Keep him, could be vital next season 

Hucks 10 - far to good in the champ, not good enough in the prem? ha, i think huckerby will answer that one.......

Holt 3/4 - Sorry but he just hasnt got it anymore, old 3 lungs cant be in the squad and could probably fail to make the reserves. HE should have gone into dancing, not football.....  

McVeigh 7  - great goal against man utd.... then????? well, i hope he doesnt go because he is class in the champ, again maybe he isnt strong enough to play in the prem?

Brennan 5 - id keep, good back-up for either wing or left back

Ashton 10 - keep at all costs, is going to be our lean mean scoring dean!

Leon 9 - great player, will be vital in the champ. Partnered with deano and with huckerby on the left, who knows how many goals we are going to score next season?

Hendo 5 Make or Break time  - agree with that

Jarvis 7 - proved he can do it against liverpool, maybe worth giving a go in the first team?

Here goes:

GREEN = 7 Great player if he stays but I wouldn''t argue with £4 million with Ward and Gallagher for cover.
HELVEG = 5 Wasn''t too impressed last season but I''m am happy to be proved wrong this year!!!
SHACKELL = 9 Looked quality in the prem and is young!!
FLEMING = 6 Could do a job in the fizzy but I''d prefer Doherty or a replacement
CHARLTON = 8 I''m a big fan and he would be quality in the Champ!
DRURY = 7 Good player but am more of a Charlton fan!
DOHERTY = 8 Deserves his chance and a run in the team - big, tall and a threat up front!
BRENNAN = 6 Good player but I''m not sure where he fits in!
JONSON = 7 Am looking forward to seeing how he does in the Champ!
SAFRI = 9 Keep him!
HOLT = 6 Would do a job but I''d like to see him replaced!
FRANCIS = 4 I''d prefer to see us cash in.
MCVEIGH = 7 I''ve always been a big fan and would love to see him stay and fulfill his potential!
HUCKERBY = 10 Enough said!
LEON = 9 Is getting better and better!
ASHTON = 10 He is the key to promotion and hopefully wining the league!
HENDO = 5 Not a fan!
JARVIS = 6 Would be good to see him have a decent run!

WARD = 6 Solid in the Champ.
GALLAGHER = 8 Reserve keeper I''d like to see given first chance if Green goes or is injured!
LEWIS = 6 Not vital for next season but very much so for the future!

[quote]Green 6 (we don''t NEED Greeno. Yes it would be nice to have him but Gallacher would do) Drury 8, Helveg 7, Flem 4, Doc 7 (will be a good player IMO), Shacks 9, Saf 8, Damo 5 (again don''t NEEd Damo if...[/quote]

There you go again poor old reliable green is not wanted. I think we should get you a meeting with fergie and wenger so they can tell you how important and vital it is to have a top class goalie in your side.I think you would really learn something from them or at least i hope so.If he does stay which i think is more and more likely when the fans start cheering him on next season i hope you dont as that would be very hypocritical.

Green 10+ helveg 6 fleming 6 shacks 9 docherty 7 drury 8 francis 7 if heads right 0 if not. get rid cant take chance. safri 9 holt 6 hux 10+ deano 10+ leon 10+ brennan 7 mcveigh 6 hendo 7 jarvis 8 lets hope we can get bentley back for one more year 8  

Green 10 - is the best keeper in the league by far

Gallacher 6 - is good back up but not at greenys level

Ward 6 - same as gallacher

Lewis 6 - is a brilliant prospect for the future

Helveg 10 - at the moment is the only right back we have

Drury 9 - qaulity at championship level and good at prem as well

Brennan 7 - is a class player but not been given a real run in the team

Doherty 8 - should be in starting 11

Fleming 5 - good back up but nothinng more

Shackell 10 - pure class, and vital for our promotion campaign

Charlton 6 - again good back up to have

Jonson 7 - could be a 10 if he just took on some players

Huckerby 10 - "skin him hucks", will run rings around the opposition

Safri 10 - brilliant technically and is vital in the heart of midfield

Holt 5 - back up but nothing more

Francis 10 - at the moment as we have no-one else in this position but otherwise 7, sell him as has no dsire to play for us

Ashton 10 - the next alan shearer and will score +30 goals

Mckenzie 9 - complements ashton perfectly and plays with so much passion

Jarvis 6 - not been given a proper run out and didnt do much at colchester

Henderson 7 - looks qaulity for england u20''s and will be class in championship

[quote]Green 10 - is the best keeper in the league by far Gallacher 6 - is good back up but not at greenys level Ward 6 - same as gallacher Lewis 6 - is a brilliant prospect for the future Helveg 10 - at...[/quote]

Finally somebody that has rated players how I see them for the coming season.

I cannot understand why we''ve had so many posters rating Fleming at 7 and above. The club has to move on, and this season is an obvious place to start.

The guy may have experience to bring to the field but he doesn''t have the youthful legs anymore. We''ve got two centre halves that are 25 or under and yet we persist with somebody who is now 34. He might have the match experience but he was shown to be lacking last season in both his general play and captaincy. Whilst Fleming may have a place in the squad - a rating of 5 on the usefulness scale certainly - Worthy has to move on and field a team spine that will cut it for a couple of seasons or more. Shackell and Doherty is an untried combination but for god''s sake give them a chance.

If you look at the squad and the coverage at the various positions I think you could rank them thus:

GK: Green, Gallacher, Ward
LB: Drury, Charlton, Brennan
RB: Helveg, Fleming
CB: Shackell, Doherty, Charlton, Helveg, Fleming
LM: Huckerby, Brennan, McVeigh
CM: Safri, Francis, Holt
RM: Jonson, Henderson
ST: Ashton, McKenzie, Jonson, Jarvis, Henderson

On that basis Worthy has to look at strengthening the squad through the purchase of a RB/CB or both, a RM/CM or both and possibly a striker although blooding the youngsters doesn''t seem too outrageous.

With the size of our squad ALL of the current players have a usefulness - we need cover for the first team.  My need ratings are based uaround us having the quality needed to obtain promotion, which means ability in all positions

GK: Green, 10

You dont get promoted without a top quality keeper

Gallacher 6, Ward 5 Lewis 7 .  Solid back up - one to be loaned and Lewis is our future star. 

Full backs  Drury 9  Helveg 10, Charlton 7 Brennan 6    Drury and Helveg are class players but good back up is needed and provided Charlie and Brennan.  Brennan can also cover centre midfield and Charlie centre back.  Thomas scores 10 as there is no viable back up at the moment - Fleming or Holt are NOT options...

Centre backs  Shackell 9, Doherty 9, Fleming 5  Shacks and Docherty should be our future this season, Flem has started his last game (if rumours are to be believed) and Charlie is the better support option.

Midfield  - Hux 10 - championship player of the season elect.   Safri 9 - without any options we need him to perform.  Francis  9.  Jonson 8  Holt 5  McVeigh 4 (how can we need a player who cant work with the manager or vice versa)

ST: Ashton 10 McKenzie 10  Jarvis 7  Henderson 5   No need to add anything for the starting duo - Jarvis like Lewis is our future while Henderson is simply not big or good enough. 

OTBC

I want to look at this in two ways - usefulness as a Premier player and as a Championship player:

Prem        Champ

Greeno                  8             10

Drury                    7               9

Charlton                5               8

Shackell                6               8

Fleming                 4               6

Doherty                5               7

Helveg                  5               7

Jonson                  5               7

Huckerby               7               9

Safri                     7               9

Francis                 6                8

Holt                     3                6

Henderson             2               5

Mckensie              6                8

Ashton                 8               10

Jarvis                  4                6

makes quite good reading as a top 6 Champaionship team but serious shortages in the top flight.

Players who rate 6 or over in the prem column have a potential for us back in the top flight.