Sign in to follow this  
super canary

decent ref today

best we get our man utd shirts on to get anything at all..Webb favours the "big" teams... like they are told to.. WBA will have an easy ride today

Webb and Mike Dean are in my opinion the two best refs in the PremCompetent, reliable and although they''ve both made a few mistakes in their time are miles better than people like Foy and Clattenburg.

Agree Webb and Dean have been the best refs this season. Shame there''s only 2 names I can think of out of however many are in that so called ''elite'' group. We really shouldn''t have to hope for Webb each week

Best referee in the League by far, they all make wrong decisions but he appears to respect the players and they respond accordingly. Good news!

I think a lot of it has to do with the size of him. Some of the Refs look like pushovers. Webb however... well you wouldn''t wanna upset him on a night out would you.

Would not have been popular on here if we hadn''t won yesterday, seemed to miss a couple of very clear handballs in the area still I can''t help but think we would have finished higher up the league if we''d had Webb in charge every match this season as he does seem to be a fair kind of guy and not one to be easily influenced.

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Would not have been popular on here if we hadn''t won yesterday, seemed to miss a couple of very clear handballs in the area still I can''t help but think we would have finished higher up the league if we''d had Webb in charge every match this season as he does seem to be a fair kind of guy and not one to be easily influenced.[/quote]I don''t believe he missed them, he gave clear indication that he didn''t believe they were intentional.  I thought Sian Massey had another excellent performance too, though in theory females should be better at calling offside as it involves multi-tasking of watching the the defender, attackers and the player passing the ball!

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Would not have been popular on here if we hadn''t won yesterday, seemed to miss a couple of very clear handballs in the area still I can''t help but think we would have finished higher up the league if we''d had Webb in charge every match this season as he does seem to be a fair kind of guy and not one to be easily influenced.[/quote]
The handballs were not penalties in my eyes, the foul on Snodgrass was, but that was as much his fault for not going down.
I thought we saw why Webb is rated so highly; he looks to let the game flow whenever possible. Our pressing as a team was the best i have ever seen from Norwich and a weaker ref would have blown up on a few occassions for a foul from our players whilst pressing the opposition into mistakes.
Saying that, if we had lost i am sure my opinion would have been different!

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Zak Burger"]Would not have been popular on here if we hadn''t won yesterday, seemed to miss a couple of very clear handballs in the area still I can''t help but think we would have finished higher up the league if we''d had Webb in charge every match this season as he does seem to be a fair kind of guy and not one to be easily influenced.
[/quote]I don''t believe he missed them, he gave clear indication that he didn''t believe they were intentional.  I thought Sian Massey had another excellent performance too, though in theory females should be better at calling offside as it involves multi-tasking of watching the the defender, attackers and the player passing the ball!
[/quote]

I thought Sian Massey got a couple of throw-in decisions wrong, one where Webb overruled her (correctly IMO) to give the throw to us, and another where the ball bounced back off Pilks onto the WBA player before it went out and she gave them the throw, and Pilks gave her a right ear-bashing which to me looked justified.

Overall happy with Webb''s performance.  There were a couple of handball shouts but TBH I didn''t see them clearly enough to say he was wrong in not giving them.

" I thought Sian Massey had another excellent performance too, though in theory females should be better at calling offside as it involves multi-tasking of watching the the defender, attackers and the player passing the ball!"

Quite so, and all while scanning the mobile for recipes and adjusting the old mascara.

The thing that might really throw a spanner in the works would be a reverse pass, then we might still be waiting for a decision.