Sign in to follow this  
dpit

So...can we beat Citeh now?

Suddenly a surge of confidence and a Citeh side who have a midweek match and will be desperate to hit the Caribbean. Top 10 finish? My, that feels good to say.

I think we have more of a chance than if we played them after the Villa game. In my opinion it depends if Mancini gets the sack this week or will they wait until the season ends.

If we can take the same performance and energy that we showed today to the Etihad then we can definitely get something. Citeh were awful yesterday and with Mancini''s imminent departure their players will just want the season to be over.

I do believe we could get something out of the game - they were abysmal yesterday and have a game in hand on Tuesday, although it is only away to Reading. It would certainly be nice to win - our only away win in the league this season was 4-3 v Swansea

About as good a time as there will ever be. I hear Mancini got the train home on his own yesterday, he was so disgusted with his players.But they have still won 7 of their last 10 league games and only lost once at home all season (to Man Utd), so it''s still pretty tough!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Who cares.[/quote]The club maybe? Higher position means more Boulton and Watts in prize money. Which could mean a little more in transfer money

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Who cares.[/quote]The club maybe? Higher position means more Boulton and Watts in prize money. Which could mean a little more in transfer money[/quote]True, but having just guaranteed ourselves a minimum of £119m over the next five years - £60m next year plus £59m in parachute payments if we go down - a few hundred grand here and there gets a bit lost in the euphoria of staying up.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]If Hughton tells the lads to just go out and play with no strings attached. I can see us getting at least a decent draw.[/quote]oi oi![;)]

Can we? Yes. Will we? I think we will probably get stuffed like we usually do by man city, but who cares now!

I''m quite confused why Man City players will be on the beach but after securing safety ours won''t?

I do agree it''s not like we have to worry now and Hoot''s doesn''t have to play for a draw. Last game of the year. Send the away crowd happy with an amazing performance. Onwards and Upwards. Man I would love if we played like we did today all of the time.

I think if neutral were looking at that game, it would hardly count as a surprise if we win.  Man C are in a bit of a mess and their players would really rather start their summer break now.

But with their quality all round, it is certaintly not going to be easy.  I hope we give it a real go, but I''ll enjoy the trip regardless !

[quote user="Monty13"]Can we? Yes. Will we? I think we will probably get stuffed like we usually do by man city, but who cares now! I''m quite confused why Man City players will be on the beach but after securing safety ours won''t?[/quote]

Well I guess both sets of players have nothing to play for in one sense.

For Man C though they have had a disappointing season by their standards (given the massive amounts of money poured in and the quality of the players at their disposal) and are likely to sack their manager.

Whereas for us, after a difficult period we have come through with a superb result to secure our survival in the PL which in the end was our target for this year.  Look at the clubs in the pack around us - Newcastle, Stoke, Fulham, Villa, Sunderland.  In fact there are 8 PL teams packed in between 39 and 43 points.  To end in the middle of that bunch is an excellent outcome to our second season.  Villa and Sunderland not yet safe of course.

Also I hope players think about playing for their place next season ?  E.g. if you look at the WBA left back yesterday who was destroyed by Snoddy all afternoon, it wouldn''t be a surprise if they make a signing in that position now would it ?

So it could work either way and maybe we could nick a win.

really couldn''t be a better time to be playing them, Mancini gone, half of their players know they wont be there next season and the other ''superstars'' really can''t be arsed to play against little Norwich! hope we go up there to win it and take that 11th spot!

Citeh don''t even have places to play for. We do. That''s why they''re more likely to be en la playa and we''re not.